Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 01:57 PM   #1  

Talking Saturday - Woo Hoo

happy saturday! Had my WI - lost 3 pounds. I am so jazzed. I have been so busy at work have not had a chance to say hi and post.

Hi Jess - Hang in there about your eating. It has got to be tough staying OP at night. Whenever I work late that's when the vending machine at my job becomes tough. Don't forget to take your favorite snacks there. Also if they have a fridge, don't forget skinny cow snacks or WW desserts if you have a sweet tooth.l

Becky - MAJOR CONGRATS on your 3.5 weightloss!

Rina - sorry about your brother. It definitely sounds like he's got some major growing up to do!!! Re going out with him - if you have to deal with him at home, I agree make an excuse and don't go out with him. You hang in there too!

Jayne - hope everything worked out okay with the kid in your class. I can't even imagine how disruptive he must be if this is your last resort.

Hi Ali - hope all is well

Laura - i'm the same as u - i love any type of batter - cake cookie, icing.

Belle I haven't read Dr. Phil's book. But from all the various diets I have tried and I'm sure I'm not alone here - WW is one that I know I can live with. By counting points I am learning what food I can substitute for more points - I have already switched to high fiber bread; skinny cows for ice cream, etc. It teaches you good eating habits that if u follow u can live with. I think WW teaches you how to eat healthy and having friends like this board helps you to vent and gives you support for the emotional part.

Angie - major CONGRATS on your 3.5 lb loss - good job

Jen - congrats on finishing your quilt - let us know how the judging goes. I have a friend who makes quilts and submits them to various shows also. The detail in some of these quilts is just amazing! Also have a WONDERFUL RELAXING vacation. Is there somewhere you can take Emma on Holloween where they celebrate on that day? Like the mall, etc.? I'm not sure how your area works. B/c LA is so large there usually is a variety of choices for the kids.

Hi Lyn - have a great weekend

Anyway to all those I forgot - hello hola g'day bonjour and guten tag

Faith

Last edited by FaithQ; 09-20-2003 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:58 PM   #2  
Divine Gal

HI Faith you have a great weekend too.Its cool here; I wish it was just a tad warmer.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-20-2003, 04:24 PM   #3  
Canadian Chick

Hey gals, Well its a beautiful day today here! After this I am going to go spend some time outside. I just got home from work. I'm feeling much more rested today & together. Last night DH & I decided that for sure we are tellin my bro he has to move out & we are giving him a deadline. We already have someone who wants to move in-a nice respectful person who will pay his own rent & food! We decided it would be best if DH talks to my bro when I'm not around. My bro & I fight way too easily so this will be much less lstressful on all of us. I am afraid though that my bro will go into a depression. He is Bipolar & right now is in the middle of changing meds & he's on a big high right now b/c of this new girl in his life. I just hope the moving out news doesn't cause him to swing the other way into a low. It makes me nervous b/c I can see it happening & then him quitting school & then moving back home to live with my Mom. He's 24 years old! I just hope it doesn't go down like that. Anyway I think dh is going to talk to him Monday night when I go to WW. As for hanging out tonight I was lucky enough that one of my friends wants to go out for supper with us so that measn I don't have to see my bro Unfortunately I don't really have the points to eat out for supper but it is worth it just to avoid my bro. Anyway enough babbling!

Faith wtg on your loss! Keep it up!
Lynnie, I hope your weather gets better!
Have a great day everyone else!
Old 09-20-2003, 09:09 PM   #4  
Divine Gal

Thanks Rina! It did and its very warm right now.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:41 PM   #5  

rhubarb- I think that is the best. You should definitely look out for your marriage and family first.

I weighed in today. I missed two weigh ins and I lost 4.8 lbs. I was delighted to say the least.

becky and faith and angie - great job on the weight loss. I hope that is everyone. If not, good job to you too.

I am reading dr. phil's book. He has an eating plan, but i am still going to do ww. I am only taking his other advice.

I'll try to check in more during the week, but you guys are just too fast for me.
Old 09-21-2003, 11:57 AM   #6  
Divine Gal

Congrats honey on the weight loss...

Have a great Sunday!
Closed Thread