Old 03-03-2018, 10:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/122.2/110

Height: 5'0"

Default Eggs?

I know we are not supposed to eat eggs everyday but I am having trouble figuring out what other breakfast foods actually taste good. I am not a fan of the IP oatmeals or cereal, and only like the chocolate chip pancakes in the zucchini muffins that I make (which have egg in them, lol). Any suggestions? Is there a different brand that may have more or better breakfast selections? I am at a loss and am afraid my cholesterol is going to go through the roof if I keep eating eggs so often.
dinkydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:52 PM   #2  
mjf

Do you have high cholesterol? If not, 2 eggs per day is probably safe (although some cooking methods are healthier than others). You might want to ask your doctor about it.

I can't find the ingredients for the pancakes or muffins, so I couldn't tell you if they're healthy or not.

If you don't like IP oatmeal, you should be able to find other oatmeals at the supermarket. Just make sure you get one that's not sweetened.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/174/155

Height: 5' 6"

Are you on IP Phase 1 or are you on an alternative program?

There are options for both, but I'll hold my responses until I know which you prefer.
TheNewMicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

It's a fallacy that our blood cholesterol comes from our dietary cholesterol. The body actually makes its own. You might want to do a bit of research on this on Google Scholar. Eggs are limited because they are actually fairly high in (good) fat and IP is a low fat as well as low carb plan.

Last edited by canadjineh; 05-01-2018 at 05:51 AM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:19 AM   #5  

Have you tried using the pudding mixes or the oatmeal mix and making them into pancakes? It’s the only way I like them
klawster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:27 PM   #6  
soehler

I use the oatmeal to make an oat cake - mix the packet with 1/2 of the water and about the same amt of egg white and a splash of vanilla. Cook like a pancake. Tastes good with WF syrup. I also do egg white omelets with spinach or some zucchini shredded (creates a hash brown like texture). If you do egg whites, my coach says to still have an unrestricted IP item with it like a drink.
soehler is offline   Reply With Quote