Diet Blogs and Journal FAQ and Help Forum Support forum for members of our Community Journals and our NEW Diet Blogs

Old 01-28-2018, 10:53 PM   #1  

Default Mediterranean Diet

Anyone ever try the Mediterranean diet? Please respond and let me know how it worked for you. I need a new way of eating and heard that it's the best to go on especially if you're diabetic.
pumpkin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi pumpkin2. Welcome back to 3FatChicks. I do not follow the Mediterranean Diet but have heard some things about it. Really, the best diet to follow is the one you will stick to long term. We are all different. We need to figure out what foods we are willing to eliminate. I am also diabetic, and the best plan for me is to limit carbs and sweets, but I admit I struggle with that. I recommend that you start by filling up on healthy vegetables as much as you can. Only eat when you are hungry, and stop when you are satisfied. I know, easier said than done. But if you fail, just get back on the wagon and continue on. And keep moving.

Good luck to you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:14 AM   #3  
mjf

The Mediterranean diet is a good diet. I don't follow it, but a lot of good diets are similar to each other, so I probably follow it about 80%.

For example, I eat fish less often than what the diet recommends, and I eat (unprocessed) red meat more often than what the diet recommends. I also don't drink wine. I eat a lot of vegetables, which every good diet recommends.

Last edited by mjf; 01-30-2018 at 01:21 AM.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote