Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-31-2017, 01:34 PM   #1  

Default I could use some help and support, please.

I'm copy and pasting this paragraph from another thread that I had posted in:

Quote:
I'm really struggling with the keto/low-carb thing. I know it works for me, but I am so tired of doing "substitutions" for foods that I love, especially now around the holidays. Last week I tried to make coconut flour blueberry muffins. They were horrible! I then made real blueberry muffins with real flour and real sugar and they were delicious. So now I'm thinking maybe I could do calorie counting... But I hate doing that, too. But if I want to lose weight, I need to do something. I have a lot of pain in my feet and my back, and I thought it was due to inflammation from carbs, but when I was doing keto, I still had the pain... So maybe it's just from being overweight. If I lost 10 lbs at least, I bet it would make a difference. Now how to get there?
I've also tried to do Intuitive Eating, but that hasn't worked at all in terms of weight loss for me. I've gained weight. I hate restricting foods. I will do calorie counting, if I have to, I know a lot of people have lost weight that way, too. But I don't love the aspect of constantly running numbers of everything that goes into my mouth. Sometimes I have no idea what the numbers are. I'm playing with the idea of some sort of small portion control.

Anyway... Thoughts?
NFTM17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:51 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

What works for one person might not work for another. But for me, I have found eating more fat is very satiating. I have never been and never will be a calorie counter. But I can count carbs, that's not that hard. But you don't have to go full Keto to lose weight. If you get into the paleo/primal paradigm, they basically sum it up as: 100-150g of carbs daily is the weight maintenance zone. 50-100g of carbs daily (easy to manage if you exclude processed foods and wheat products and limit fruit and starchy veg) is the weight loss zone, and then under 50g of carbs per day is the Keto zone which results in rapid weight loss and also the other benefits of Ketosis outside of weight loss. Bear in mind that the main point here is to limit insulin. Insulin is the hormone that tells your body to store fat. You cannot simultaneously store fat and lose fat, so to lose fat you need to limit insulin. Another way to do it is to use intermittent fasting, which you can use instead of or in conjunction with a low carb approach.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:42 PM   #3  

Default Have you ever tried intermittent fasting?

I have done intermittent fasting in the past and am thinking of doing it again. I was at my lowest weight doing that. Basically you only eat during a 6-7 hour window during the day. I did 1-7pm. That gave me lunch and dinner and a snack between. If you google intermittent fasting you will pull up tons of info. Good and bad. Let me know what you think.
i.just.want.to.eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:44 AM   #4  

Hi You can try octavius loose leaf pure green tea which is very useful if you are talking about weight loss. Visit octavius emporium for your query.
octaviusemporium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

I think you need to find an approach that you can live with long term. And you need to figure out if eating certain foods gives you more "joy" than being thin.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:18 PM   #6  

Calorie counting is the only thing that's ever really worked for me. It takes more work in the beginning but eventually, once you have everything you typically eat in your calorie counting app (like MyFitnessPal) it gets really easy. The thing that bothered me about calorie counting was foods without labels. But after awhile you get pretty good at estimating and I finally just let that be good enough. I always err toward over-estimating and try to find a baseline. So if someone at work had baked blueberry muffins I'd look up homemade blueberry muffin online, look at the range of calories, look at the size of the muffin, and make my best guess.

Calorie counting made me very aware of how much I was actually eating.

Whatever it is make sure its something you can keep doing! Keep looking, you'll find something. Just realize weightloss and maintenance will always take a non-zero amount of effort. I always want to find the plan that takes zero effort, but that plan doesn't exist.
soundgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:51 AM   #7  

First of all, congratulations on being someone who is interested in taking care of themself and for making the effort to be as healthy as possible. I remember feeling like I was hitting my head against the wall when I tried different approaches. I also recall the emotional ups and downs of trying to be healthy. Stay absolutely positive.

I have the old adage of eat like a king at breakfast, a Prince at lunch and a Pauper at dinner has served me well. I also attempt to eat lots of fresh fruit and veg (and I mean lots to fill me up) has served me well.

A varied diet, avoiding the fads and a regular moderate exercise seems to have done the trick for me.

Keep up the good work
JohnMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:03 AM   #8  

I found out about Lilly Diabetes Meal Plan. Im not diabetic but my cardiologist gave it to me since im very obese.
raftcub is offline   Reply With Quote