Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 01:30 PM   #1  

Question Feeling full Help

I started the full liquids today and for my mid morning whatever I had some chicken broth with 1/3cup of powdered milk mixed in a total of 5 oz took me about a half hour to get it down and now I am so full that I am uncomfortable. Not nausaus just very full. Is this normal? I am supposed to have lunch soon its 1:30 and the thought of fodd is not in the picture. Am I doing something wrong. still sipping.
1 cup water before breakfast
4 oz ck broth for breakfast
1 cup water
5 oz of ckn broth with pow milk
1 cup of water.
That is what i have had today and I don't want any more as of now. Any Suggestions would be appreciated Marsha
Old 09-02-2003, 01:45 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

first off, please tell us what your doc means by 'full liquids.' some docs allow cottage cheese and protein shakes. can't imagine the combination of chicken broth and powdered milk!!!! sounds ghastly.

and frankly, you're not doing anything wrong. it WILL take a half hour or longer to get down small amounts of liquids. make sure you're not taking in air. that means no straws. and if you've mixed air into something [like used a mixer to make a protein shake or to blend your milk powder into the chicken broth] you might want to consider using a teaspoon to consume this rather than holding the cup to your lips and sipping. air takes up space, and you don't have any!!!!!!

but bottom line, ya need to 'eat' even if you force yourself. you won't be hungry for quite a while [as in WEEKS], but the first sign that you need food will be the need to PASS OUT. you will get dizzy if you don't eat, and you won't have any energy, either.

so drink up!!!! eat up [and i use that term loosely!!!!1]

and PS darlin.. it doesn't look as if you're drinking enough water!!!!!
Old 09-02-2003, 08:34 PM   #3  

Thanks Jiff. I upped the water today I realized that when I wrote it down I was not getting enough. I had a SF popsycle and 8 oz of water then 4 oz of broth then 6 oz of crystal lite then 1/2 cup of broth again and now some grapejuice no sugar diluted by 6 oz of water. I jumped the gun I am not supposed to have full liquids till Friday morning. I am still on the clear liquids till then. don't know where my head was and I hope that I didn't screw anything up. sip. sip. sip. I screw up on the straw thing too. Thank god that I did not sipping thrugh a straw. To a new me and tomorrow will be better. I am more informed. Thanks Marsha
Old 09-02-2003, 10:46 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

you're not doing anything wrong. it'll take a lot more than this to screw up the surgery, and, in fact, peachie's surgeon had her on clear liquids for only 2-3 days, and then full liquids. by the end of the first week, she was actually eating!

watch the juice, though. even if it's diluted, some folks dump on it.

and i found it helpful to track water and protein on little sticky notes. i still do it.

you're doing fine. i promise.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:55 AM   #5  

Thanks jif for all of the encourgement and advice. I put 4 bottles of water on the counter today and have 1/2 of one gone the rest of it will be gone by 10:00. then I will start the 2nd one and by 3:00 the third one and after dinner i will start the fourth. at least now I have a plan. Love MArsha
Old 09-03-2003, 11:07 AM   #6  
Old Cackler

you're doing great...now, the next question is: how are you doing on meeting your doc's protein goals???

yeah, i know i'm a nag. but it's important!!!!!

and looking at your stats.. my goodness!!! you must be a tiny person!!!! when i hit your STARTING weight, i'll be at my plastic surgery goal!!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 12:20 PM   #7  

I am 5 '1" tall and I have aready had the tummy tuck. I had a hanging apron that really bothered my back and the Dr thought that if They take the tummy and get rid of the extra tissue that it would help the diabeties. It didn't, I gained about 8 pounds since the tuck while trying to lose weight. My metabolism has gone on vacation and hasn't come back. I am hoping to find it some where. This was the last choice for me. I have diabeties and High blood pressure and I am 52 years old so all off this helped in the decision to have the surgery. Not much protien till Friday then I start on the 70-75 grams of protien a day. I do not feel like you are a nag in fact I really appreciate the feed back. Love Marsha
Closed Thread