UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:55 AM   #1  

Default Struggling with very slow weight loss

Hello

Im 33 female from UK

I met a new partner last year and after a lot of takeaways put on a stone in weight. This mainly went on my stomach and sides ie muffin top.

Most recently without going to the gym i was maintaining my current weight with no exercise and eating what i pleased.

I am not bothered what I weigh I just want to get rid of my bulges.

I go to the gym Mon to Fri at 6am and do cardio for 30 minutes, this is all I have time for and then I walk on the evenings and I really do not wish to exercise any further as I am killing myself as it is! I have recently started HIIT interval training and really feel like I am pushing to my limit every morning.

I have tried calorie counting during the week
I am taking T5 fat burners

I am now eating chicken rice and greens mainly during the week.

My downfall is the weekend! I really do not want to give up my only enjoyement in life ie eating takeaway, sunday dinners etc.

I am so frustrated as I was maintaining my weight without diet and exercise and now have introduced both on some scale and I have lost only 1-2 pound in 3 months.

Any kind opinions are greatly welcomed!

Thank you
royalmarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:25 PM   #2  

hi there royalmarley,

how long have you been exercising? Also, how many calories are you taking in?
Like you, I am losing weight at a slow pace. I'll lose 2 pounds and then gain it back and then lose and it's like nothing happened to my weight.
BUT, my clothes are loose. Have you tried measuring yourself?
Get a measuring tape and write down your measurements. The older we get, the slower our metabolism becomes, unfortunately.
Good luck
sfchubbychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 02:17 PM   #3  

Hi royalmarley

Please don't feel frustrated with your weight loss , I also lose weight at a slow pace, On My Weight loss journey I have lost 5 stone with Weight Watchers and Smart points . The plan is amazing and I made up of 3 elements Eat , Move and Smile which goes further than beyond the scales ,I have once never felt deprived with the foods I eat by saying Yes to the takeaway if desired , a Sunday Dinner or a treat , you can still achieve success and feel fantastic by using a smart points allowance . Move is part of the plan for you to enjoy your choice of activity for your good health and Smile is for you and to put yourself first ...Happier people make healthier food choices, whilst eating great and losing inches you will feel great and love yourself . If you would like to know more information , please ask .xx

Last edited by waby01; 03-04-2017 at 02:17 PM.
waby01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:56 PM   #4  
mjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmarley View Post
I go to the gym Mon to Fri at 6am and do cardio for 30 minutes, this is all I have time for and then I walk on the evenings and I really do not wish to exercise any further as I am killing myself as it is! I have recently started HIIT interval training and really feel like I am pushing to my limit every morning.
Are you saying that you do HIIT 5 days a week? You shouldn't do HIIT more than 3 times a week.

You say you count calories, but are you eating healthy? What you eat is just as important as how much you eat. Do you eat white rice or brown rice with your chicken? (brown is healthier)

There's nothing wrong with takeaway once a week, but try to go for the healthier options on the menu. I go to restaurants about once a week, but when I do, I try to avoid fried foods and refined carbs.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:02 AM   #5  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Hi from the UK too

I wonder if you're eating enough on your weekdays? Too little, and the body can panic and retain water ~ although that can often just be temporary and you get a bit of a whoosh.

I (a long-time veteran of most diets going ) have fairly recently started the 5:2 way of eating, which would work well with your weekends. Within that, I focus on protein, fat, fruit and veg, and do best by ditching the carbs such as rice, pasta, bread/cookies/cakes.
I'm losing weight fairly quickly but then, I have a whole lot to lose. The ethos of the way of eating, as presented in the facebook group I've joined for it, is that the weightloss might be slow for some people but it is very sustainable, so you'd end up feeling more like you were permanently maintaining rather than permanently dieting.

Final thought: they are very hot on telling us to measure as well as weigh. Scales can't tell the difference between fat, fluid retention (too many carbs) and muscle (gym work), to them it's just Weight; so they may stay the same/increase/move slowly when in fact you may have lost fat.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links to the facebook group but it is facebook dot com/groups/the52diet
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote