Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-17-2017, 04:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 15st/14st 9/11st

Height: 5"4

Default My crappy scales were wrong! and feeling kinda scared.

hi everyone,

Turns out my old crappy scales were wrong about my weight, I knew they were not so good for a while, but now I'm actively trying to lose weight I need to be able to be accurate.
So , they were probably off by a few pounds, right? nope! apparently, they were off by ONE WHOLE STONE. (14lbs)
so apparently ive actually put on around 2 and a half stone in a just over a year, and the thing is, considering the changes that have gone on over that year, I should've lost weight, not put on 3st! I was due to have a blood test today, but due to my long menstrual cycles, I'm not on my period yet so I can't. Apart from a pregnancy scare, I've never been more excited to have my period, ever.
I'm looking at all the things that could cause this, and unless ive just subconsciously been making myself fat, the least bad condition is PCOS.
I'm not sure it is that though, and knowing all the horrible other stuff it could be is making me kinda scared. plus I'm scared that since I want to lose 54 pounds my skin is going to sag. ( the lowest I can lose to be healthy is 47lbs)
On a brighter note, in two weeks ive lost 5 lbs, I haven't really been going on any fad diet , just cutting sugar from my tea, limiting my tea intake, eating fruit for lunch and cutting out snacks.
I wanted to do something I feel I can maintain so I don't put weight back on again if I lose what I want to.

feeling fat and kinda worried
Titanic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:24 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

That would be frustrating! But it sounds like you're doing great on your goals the past couple of weeks! Congrats, and keep it up!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

That is very frustrating about the scale. I had to look up what a stone is, but that's a very large weight discrepancy. Are you buying a new scale?

I'm currently trying to lose about 40-45 pounds. I don't think that amount of weight will have a large amount of skin sagging, especially if you take it slow and add in exercise. PCOS can make you gain weight, it's good to get your hormones looked at.
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote