Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-14-2017, 12:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

Default When starting or rebooting what days were the toughest

Hello Chicks!

I haven't been here in a long time. I had a query and when wondering about it remembered this awesome resource and knew that this is the place to ask! I hope lots of you can chime in and help!

Here my question: When you first start a change, or reboot to a stricter rating regime what days do you think are the most difficult? The first few? A few weeks in?

Now I'll give my story and if you don't want to take the time to read on no worries. That's why I posed my question first.
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

I had discovered 3fc a lot of years ago and have been on here off and on through the years. I'm sad to say that while I've had mild success I've never made it to goal. About 21 month ago I learned I was expecting and I now have a beautiful baby girl who is 13 months old. While pregnant I focused on eating healthy for my baby and actually lost a small amount of weight. My pregnancy weight gain was right along what was recommended and after having my wonderful baby girl found myself 20 lbs less than when I first got pregnant. That had been my highest weight. After I went back to work from maternity leave I joined a gym in the building beside my workplace and started going to an awesome class in the morning before work. I get up at 5am and work out at least 3 and usually 5 times a week and my DH get the baby up and takes her to daycare every morning so I can have my morning workout time. It is been incredibly for my fitness. I have met great people that keep me accountable and love my morning workouts. In the past I could never motivate myself to workout early, but having a baby has changed that for me. Partly because I know that it is the only time I can go without feeling like I'm robbing myself of time with her. In the morning she is sleeping and I don't feel like I'm missing more that I already do by working full time. Anyways I have been doing this for 10 months now and feel stronger healthier and have lost another 5 lbs but also a whole clothing size.

In spite of this I am still 30-40 lbs from what I ultimately want to be. While I try to eat healthy foods and do eat good nutritious stuff I also eat ALOT and a lot of unhealthy stuff as well. I've known awhile that what's missing is some commitment to cutting back on total calories and the unhealthy stuff I'm still eating waaaay to often. I know it's 80 percent in the kitchen as then say. Anyways my gym gave me a perfect excuse to make those changes. There is a 6 week challenge that started yesterday and has some great prizes for the winner. I've decided that there is never going to be a better time than right now. I'm strong and can work harder in the gym than ever. I have a base of muscle to help me keep my metabolism burning. My daughter is now old enough that she doesn't rely on breastfeeding for the majority of her calories and nutrition so I don't need to worry about diet changes and calorie deficits effecting milk supply. Also since I have at least 30 lbs of excess fat paired with this strong body and the mind set that has had me in the gym more consistently than ever before I feel primed to not just do a challenge, but I think I can place in this challenge and even win it!

I am going to eating clean. I'm eliminating processed food, dairy, sugar, and wheat. I've planned out a week of meals and I'm counting calories to ensure my portions aren't out of control.

So far it's just the second day. Right now I'm riding the high of beginners excitement and realize the tough days are to comes. Anyways some feedback from you experienced chicks woukd be much appreciated.
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:32 PM   #3  

for me its the first week or so. then i get into my stride and things are much easier
Bigpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:30 PM   #4  
Earning back my muscles

S/C/G: 184/184/size 8

Height: 5'5

It's the first few days that are the toughest for me. The cravings get so bad! Then it gets a little easier and by 2 weeks, I feel like it's more of a habit and easy to tell myself no, or not now. Good luck! You can do it!
HIheart is offline   Reply With Quote