South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-31-2016, 07:59 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Straddle Weekend - New and Old Year

Good Saturday Morning from snow frosted Delta. We have an Alberta Clipper which will help keep the snow levels up. A cold winter is supposed to be healthy but it seems to me that there are more people sick this year. I get the 'flu shot every year along with other stuff and hope to avoid whatever is going around.

All laundry will be done shortly. So I'll be going into the new year pure and clean - a tradition from my Mother's very Irish part of the family. My Dad's Scots side made sure all bills were paid and also hoped for a tall dark stranger to be the first to cross the doorstep in the new year.

I have Angus the Springer spaniel here overnight in prep for his longer stay next week. He is a good dog and loves to play. He and Millie are great pals - Jazz not so much. (He just retires to his bed when the shenanigans get too much for him.) They all make me smile.

It will be a very low key Eve tonight but I will ring the Church Bell at midnight for Rob, as promised and traditional. 2017 is the 150th year of Canada's creation at Confederation so we need to celebrate.

How does the last day of the year look from over your coffee mug?
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:32 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Ruth and chicks to come. It is chilly out and lightly snowing. We have a storm advisory until tomorrow morning, although the latest map puts us at only 3-5 inches; that's not bad and it IS wintertime.

The rest of the house appears to be sleeping in this morning so I am sipping my coffee and holding off on chores. I will strive to finish the laundry today; I did a bit of schoolwork yesterday but will try to finish today. Tonight will be very quiet as DH has been fighting some flu/cold thing all week. I shall have to rummage in the freezer and see if there is something special to make; perhaps shrimp cocktail and crudites? I know we have a bottle of champagne in the house.

2016 was a roller coaster ride dealing with my parents' health issues and move but a good one for our nuclear family. I am hoping for calmer 2017.

Enjoy the last day of the year, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 09:18 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am doing a load of laundry myself this morning. Woke up at 4 a.m. but managed to go back to sleep until 7:30 a.m. DD2 is going to have a friend come over to spend the night so that should be fun for her. I think DH and I will head to Six flags to watch fireworks and then be back home early. Here's hoping to a great 2017 for everyone.

Enjoy the last day of the year!!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Whoo hoo I am home. Another busy day so happy to go home lol. The house is officially de-decorated and ready for the new year (well except for vacuuming) Laundry is going. Ruth I too like to start the new year without laundry. Ruth you are a dear friend to ring the church bell. Such a sweet gesture.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year. May good people be in your lives always. Not sure if I will stay awake to ring in the new year. Having a nice glass of wine which will probably make me sleepy lol.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:49 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

And then it became a New Year! Had a very low-key "celebration" with just Perrier in my glass. It was cold and sleety so I drove to the Church to ring the bell at midnight with just seven other people. I hope Rob heard it. Everyone left for home shortly after we got home. 2017 just has to be a better year.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:08 AM   #6  

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit!
Old 01-01-2017, 08:15 AM   #7  

The "rabbit" is for you Ruth. Low key is OK by me. I didn't even make it to midnight. Slept through friends and family texting me at midnight. I went to be feeling grateful for so many things in my life. Gave thought to those who are in pain or suffering in another way. I enjoyed my wine gift basket goodies last night and pitched a couple of things. I am realizing I cannot tolerate a large amount of sweets anymore. I seem to get really bad palpitations if I over endure in candy (that's a good thing right?) Enjoyed one glass of wine and slept peacefully.

Not sure what the day will bring. But since this is a diet forum, I am starting 2017 two pounds under goal and down 5 pounds from last year. Now that's something to celebrate!

Hope everyone enjoyed their New Year's Eve and Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:26 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Yes, it is a diet form and I am supposed to be the monitor.

Hmmm ... just checked and I'm down 6.8 from last year. Will definitely get a grip this year because Dr Jack read me the riot act at my last appointment. I am going to work on my diabetes readings and know weightloss will follow. I just dug out my SBD notes and have ordered some Beck books online.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:54 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning.

Boy, you two early birds motivated me to go check. I am starting the new year up a couple of pounds from last Jan 1. I'm blaming TOM and too much cheesecake and dark chocolate. New Year, New Start, right?

I made it to midnight, barely. Semi-unconscious on the couch but couldn't give before the ball dropped.

Here's to a good year for all of the chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:02 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!! Happy new year!

We went to an AA last night. Got home early. My joy was surprising my friend with a Himalyian salt lamp. She was so surprised and very happy. She has wanted one ever since she started her cancer treatment. We are traveling back this morning so I need to get ready.

Since this is a diet forum I maintained last year. I'm going to get really serious. Start phase 1 tomorrow for a full two weeks and get back in the groove.

I look forward to a new year together with all of you!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:16 AM   #11  

Happy New Year!

I managed to organize my junk drawer and half of DD2 bedroom, that is one of my goals is de cluttering for the month of January. Yesterday DH and I went to 6 Flags and walked around watch two shows and then the fireworks at 9 p.m. and then came home and stayed up with the girls til midnight.

I am down 15 lbs from where I was last year but I have gained a few lbs over vacation and last couple of days and so I have started Phase 1 today and my goal this year is to get to my goal weight this year and maintain.

Jekel I get a headache now if I over consume sweets, good reason not to over indulge- I think it is our bodies telling us we are consuming poison to our systems.

I wish everyone Happiness, Health and Prosperity for the New Year.

Sorry for posting twice it told me I had to wait, should have checked first

Last edited by Pearlrose; 01-01-2017 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:23 AM   #12  

Happy New Year!

I managed to organize my junk drawer and half of DD2 bedroom, that is one of my goals is de cluttering for the month of January. Yesterday DH and I went to 6 Flags and walked around watch two shows and then the fireworks at 9 p.m. and then came home and stayed up with the girls til midnight.

I am down 15 lbs from where I was last year but I have gained a few lbs over vacation and last couple of days and so I have started Phase 1 today and my goal this year is to get to my goal weight this year and maintain.

Jekel I get a headache now if I over consume sweets, good reason not to over indulge- I think it is our bodies telling us we are consuming poison to our systems.

I wish everyone Happiness, Health and Prosperity for the New Year.