South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-01-2016, 07:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekend Beach Chat 10/1-10/2

Coffee is ready....
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:56 AM   #2  

Now time to chat.......

Pearlrose I am impressed with your sewing abilities. I've made simple things;curtains, place mats and fixed hems over the years. I hope DD really likes her costume.

Debbie your new fur baby is adorable. I love hearing stories of rescues. Glad you had a big money day at work too.

Beth I bet the scenery is beautiful by you right now. We are not quite there yet, maybe two more weeks.

Ruth glad you enjoyed the wedding.

Tammy is just as nice in person as she is online. I was lucky enough to to meet Sir Walter, Pickles and Emma (she is a mush!!!) It was absolutely wonderful spending time together. Please continue to keep her in your thoughts as she has a lot going on in her life.

Today I do need to return the rental and get some things done here. The pups don't seem to have missed me as they settled right back into their routine. I am up two pounds from my trip which is a win considering how poorly I ate and did not move much at all. I will ride indoors later but for now just enjoying my coffee before tackling the to do list. Keep you to do's short and enjoy the day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (25.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 10-01-2016, 08:15 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Rabbit, rabbit!

(Jennifer forgot to say it)

Good morning to Jennifer and chicks to come. We have an overcast day today so I am making an inside chore list. I've got the laundry started but I hope to do groceries and cleaning today so I can take tomorrow off.

Jennifer, it's awesome that you were able to meet Tammy! And I'm glad you had a good visit with your Mom and aunt. Enjoy your Saturday.

Debbie, you have a new fur baby? I must have missed that.

Ruth, I know you are busy at the Mill today, is DD helping?

Pearlrose, have a good day.

Ok, time for more coffee.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 08:55 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Jennifer, glad you had a safe trip home and that you had a wonderful visit with Tammy!

Beth, you didn't miss it by much. I posted pictures on Facebook last night. We went to Denver and brought home a sweet cocker spaniel from the shelter. She's approximately eight years old and was found as a stray. She had two tumors one was malignant and she's already had surgery. The guy at the front counter mentioned her being hearing impaired. Are usually try not to read that reports until after I've signed the papers. LOL. I think she's Deaf. Kirby and I were outside and she was working in the front window watching us. We came in the back door and I started calling for her. Quite loud, in fact. She didn't seem to respond until I was in the same room and I tend to think it's just because she saw us. I will read the vet report today. Have a good inside day.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do today. Stay home, of course, with the new pup who we've named Kelly. I have lots of outside chores but I am trying to take it easy and heal my body. Back to work tomorrow. Enjoy your day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 08:57 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The cat woke me up at 5:20 a.m. so I walked 3 miles and did a bit of yoga this morning, just finishing my breakfast right now. It is overcast here but I think the rain has gone by we will go do some outdoor activity just not sure what. I do need to clean and especially vacuum.

Jekel, my sewing skills are not the best but figured since I couldn't find the shorts I would make them. Great picture of you and Tammy, glad you were able to spend some time with her.

Beth enjoy your day and hope you get everything done so you can take tomorrow off.

Debbie I will have to go back and look at yesterdays' thread I must have missed the new fur baby.

Ruth hope it is an easy day at the mill and enjoy your time with your DD

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 12:29 PM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Pearlrose, you didn't miss it here. Pic was on FB. Here she is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (30.7 KB, 8 views)
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 02:48 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! Woke at 7 and had to be showered, dressed and out the door to be at the Town Hall for 7:30. Quite the rush, especially since I had to deal with two trapped mice and wake DD because Jazz took off through yet another escape hole. He was gone for about 30 minutes but came when my DD went behind the barn and called him. Silly dog but he is Russian and probably had ancestors who could escape a gulag.

We were to go to a quilt show this afternoon but I think we may stay in since it looks a tad rainy. Mary Ellen is still feeling tired so early bed is on tonight's menu. Lunch with my sister is on tomorrow's plan.

Debbie, I love the new fur-baby. Deaf is a shame but shouldn't impact her lifestyle much. I had a blind hound dog once and she coped.

Jennifer, glad you and Tammy met. One of these days, I'll venture down that way again to meet her.

Now I need to check the wine supply and decide what's for dinner. (We went out for roast beef last night and are actually still a bit full!)
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 07:38 AM   #8  

Good morning chicks. Seems we are in a bit of a rain rut here. Not complaining since the end of our summer was pretty dry. Not much on the agenda today other then going to Joe's. Today's plan is to purge his closet in the bedroom. This will not be an easy task. He has way more clothes than I do lol. He's a little bit of a pack rat. I actually purged my living room closet yesterday. I am slowly cleaning out my attic and wanted to move my wall hangings, mailbox covers, flags, etc. down stairs so they are accessible. My attic has pull down stairs which as I get older are not the easiest to manage carrying stuff.

Otherwise not much here just enjoying the peace and quiet being home before going back to work Tuesday.

Have a great day!
Old 10-02-2016, 09:35 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterdays eating derailed at dinner time so back on track today, definitely got everything accomplished yesterday I set out to do so today will just be either the Science Center or Fright Fest I vote for Science Center and their Apple Festival, it will hinge on DD2 (I already know she doesn't want to to go to Fright Fest today)

Ruth sounds like you had a hectic day yesterday, hope today is more calm for you

Jekel I need to de clutter the whole house, DH has turned into a bit of a pack rat and it is starting to get on my nerves, to me less is more. Problem is I have no where to put all of his stuff until DD1 moves out because the basement is full of stuff she has bought for when she gets a place. Time for more yoga I think lol.

Debbie she is definitely a cutie, she reminds me of the old cockier spaniel we got when DS was a toddler, he was so gentle with him and he did good with the move from Maine. We always get a shelter pet.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:27 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks.

I've been grocery shopping and am back; today is the rainy day so it will be inside stuff. Yesterday turned out to be cloudy but dry so I ended up spending the entire afternoon outside doing yardwork. I prefer to cut down the spent perennials now rather than deal with them in the spring like some people do. It looks so much neater and shows off the sedum and other late bloomers.

Jennifer, I am slowly picking away at decluttering but DH is not much help. In fact, I think he, Joe and Rose's DH all seem to have something in common. Must be a guy thing. Enjoy your day off.

Ruth, sounds like a busy day yesterday. A day of "chilling" (as the kids say) might be just what you and DD need. I've got leftovers crowding the fridge so that's what we should eat tonight.

Debbie, what a cutie!

I got a lot accomplished yesterday but need to do a bit of schoolwork today. I'll probably work on it while DH watches football.

Have a good day, chicks!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote