Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2016, 09:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Unhappy I've Hit a Plateau

I have hit a plateau with my weight loss

It seems as though the more weight I lose, the harder it is to lose weight, and the things I did before no longer work as well

I have been the same weight for about a week and a half now

Feeling a bit disheartened
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Don't be discouraged. That's how weight loss works. Sometimes you lose 5lbs in 4 days, sometimes you stay the same for a month. The point is that you are making healthier choices for yourself every day. This is just practice maintenance! It does get harder as you go along, because you are trying to lose a bigger percentage of your body weight. Mix it up a bit, try a new exercise, get some extra sleep, maybe try a new food. Try not to stress about it, because that makes losing even harder.

Have you measured yourself? Maybe your body is just trying to catch up with the weight loss.

Keep up the good work. It will pay off eventually.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:39 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
Don't be discouraged. That's how weight loss works. Sometimes you lose 5lbs in 4 days, sometimes you stay the same for a month. The point is that you are making healthier choices for yourself every day. This is just practice maintenance! It does get harder as you go along, because you are trying to lose a bigger percentage of your body weight. Mix it up a bit, try a new exercise, get some extra sleep, maybe try a new food. Try not to stress about it, because that makes losing even harder.

Have you measured yourself? Maybe your body is just trying to catch up with the weight loss.

Keep up the good work. It will pay off eventually.
Thank you for the encouragement

No I haven't been measuring myself, so I don't even know where I started measurement wise (other than my clothes sizes.)

Going to try not to stress and just let it go. Thanks again
Old 07-13-2016, 12:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Glad to help! I really do recommend you measure yourself. You can usually get a soft tape for $2 at walmart, and it can really provide a boost when you aren't seeing numbers on the scale. And size is really what it's all about anyway, right? I mean I could weight 500lbs and I wouldn't care if I was the right size.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:13 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
Glad to help! I really do recommend you measure yourself. You can usually get a soft tape for $2 at walmart, and it can really provide a boost when you aren't seeing numbers on the scale. And size is really what it's all about anyway, right? I mean I could weight 500lbs and I wouldn't care if I was the right size.
Thanks for the suggestion
Old 07-13-2016, 03:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 324/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I agree with measuring yourself. My weight loss has been slowing down as well. But I measured myself and I dropped an inch in my stomach and 2 inches on my hips. Definitely start keeping a log of it starting now, it's okay if you haven't measured yourself before... this is just for future reference. The scale isn't the only way to measure your success.

Maybe you can do things differently if you're still doing things the same. Do exercise that you've never done before, eat something (healthy) that you've never ate before. If you workout at night, workout in the morning. If you workout for 30 minutes, try going for 40 minutes. If you do 30 crunches, do 40 crunches. Do HIIT cardio (you can find videos on YouTube)... just start changing it up and you might come out of your plateau.
fat2fitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:59 AM   #7  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Patience!
This is a lifestyle change.

Our bodies, do not always co operate, like we would like.

Track food, exercise, take pics, measurements.

Are your general lifestyle habits better now? That is a victory!

The same weight for a week and a half, is not uncommen.

Stick with it!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 04:43 AM   #8  

Height: 5 foot 2 and a half (Don't forget the half lol!)

Maybe your body is just taking a break for a week or so. As you lose weight make sure you're changing things up from time to time. Your body will get bored if you do the same thing for 143lbs straight. Why not try something brand new and fun? Or set new fitness goals? That's how to bust a plateau. Plateaus usually last for weeks/months, so start making changes now to bust it.
Heavenseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:28 AM   #9  

Thank you, everyone