Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 09:11 AM   #1  

Default 50 or more week of August 25

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, or are losing, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join, you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Linda, that was so sweet of you to send Dad a hug; it made him feel really special.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday morning! JOYce and I are having a terrific visit together; she is such a fun person to be with! We are really getting to know each other better, and find that we have so much in common. Wish I had more time to catch y'all up, but gotta get to work! Talk to you later!

Regards,
Jan
Old 08-25-2003, 10:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - I posted in the wrong week AGAIN & I don't know how to put it here. So please read my comments under last week - sorry.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:16 PM   #3  

hi everyone! Went tothe races las weekend and had a blast; although my WI reflected a gain; we did lots of walking so I know some is water gain. My legs ache! I realize how out of shape I am.

So what do ya'll think about this new flex plan that WW has come out with?
Old 08-26-2003, 04:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi Nascar - I like the concept but I was up 1.2# at w/i on Mon night and alot of other members were up as well. Maybe the change-over, not sure. Only thing I am concerned about is having all those extra points & say using them on weekend & then having w/i Mon nights. Usually when I have alot of extra things I just keep going, so it might be more challenging for me.

I stayed behind & talked to leader about my gain & she said to give it another week & see what happens. So that is what I will do. How about everyone else???
Old 08-26-2003, 09:34 PM   #5  

I'll hear about the new program on Wednesday; haven 't heard much about it so I can't give an opinion yet. Jan, what do you think?
Old 08-27-2003, 08:10 AM   #6  

Morning all! Well I found out this AM part of the reason I was up at WI.....TOM arrived this AM! Hope everyone is having a good week. It is soo hot here in GA.
Bandit - My leader said it's the same as the old system where you could have the banked points. She said they already worked it out and you should still lose; they just went ahead and gave you those points up front. Several ladies in our meetin lost 2+ pounds on the new plan. So we shall see. This is my first week on it.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:58 PM   #7  

We were presented with the new "Flex Plan" at today's WW meeting, and I like it! It is strange to be counting backwards (subtracting points rather than adding them up and coming up with a total at the end of the day), but I like it. I think the new "Quick Track System" is going to take a little getting used to, since it is so different than the old "journal" booklets we used to get. I am ready and willing to give this my whole-hearted enthusiasm -- I'm ready to roll! Down 1 pound today---5 more pounds til I'm back down to goal.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:05 AM   #8  

Hi everybody! Sorry to be so AWOL, but JOYce and I have been so busy. She is such fun to be around! We went to San Antonio Tuesday to an amazing doll shop & some boutiques, and out for lunch, and then Wednesday JOYce attended a family gathering with her relatives in Pleasanton, and yesterday we went to San Antonio where JOYce attended her DGD's honor ceremony at the base. She and her other DGD (from Oklahoma) and another couple are attending the big graduation ceremony at Lackland right now! I'm sure it's very impressive. Smart of them to do this in the morning, too, as it will be VERY hot today! JOYce won't be back online until Tuesday or so, but she says hi to everyone!

Bandit, sounds like it was just a little variation from the weekend; I'll bet this week is better! With all you have had to cope with lately, I think you are doing great!

Nascar Girl, TOM sure could account for that. Most of the people at our meeting said they liked it too. (DH and I went to a mtg yesterday while JOYce was at the ceremony. They'd introduced it last week, which we missed.)

Linda, I like it too, though you're right, it will take some getting used to. I bought a journal, and will try to keep it all the way through.

Gotta run! Classes are about to start .. Hope everyone's having a great Friday!

Regards,
Jan
Old 08-30-2003, 12:15 AM   #9  

Hi, Jan, did you buy the new points calculator? I did (gotta have the latest electronic gadget), and am enjoying using it. This new way of tracking our points -- subtracting them from our target points number, rather than adding them up at the end of the day, makes so much sense. It sounds like you and JOYce have been having lots of fun together. I know that you are probably pulling out all the stops to make her visit as memorable as possible.
Closed Thread