South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 06:33 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thankful Thursday April 21

.... and Spring has officially been here a whole month! After a bad first stretch, I'm thankful she got it together finally! We have leafage, bloomage ... and buggage. I got my first mosquito bite last night and Jazz dug under the fence in the muddy part of the yard and escaped! 'Tis the season.

Costco was amazing! I got a big dog bed and other doggy stuff for my furries and then got lost! Duh! Lisa and I each had cellphones but had just home phone numbers. What idiots. We finally met up after an hour of roaming around. I did not buy the stuff I need for the luncheon in all the confusion. Then, I must confess, we went to a glorious Chinese buffet - sure hope I can find it again someday - not soon as Chinese does a number on my weight.

Michelle emailed me last night to say she is sick and may not be here today. I'm actually a bit relieved as I have all kinds of things to do today, including unloading my lower kitchen cupboards. They are pullout shelves that no longer pull out - what a nuisance! Paul is coming to fix them tomorrow morning when I'm out getting a haircut. He did not do my kitchen remodelling back in 2007 and I am sure he'll have a few comments.

Sure hope to get a bit of garden clean-up done today. I am thankful that my aches and pains have eased off a bit.

Enjoy your April Day!
Old 04-21-2016, 07:12 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Today is in office day for me. Have several meetings, got good news yesterday, they finally approved separating my position into two separate positions and I could be in one as soon as hopefully 2 weeks.

Ruth you can lost in those places. lol Glad Paul is fixing your cabinets for you.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-21-2016, 07:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Spring is definitely here full tilt!! Absolutely beautiful weather. I kind of wish it would stay like this (70's and sunny) all summer, I could do without the heat.

I giggled a bit Ruth, at you getting lost in Costco. I wonder if it's bigger than Sam's?

Nicole - I can't eat a plain apple at all, anytime, without getting cravings. I love, love, love them, but just can't do them plain. If you want to try it again, try it with peanut butter to hold you better.

I had a lovely birthday, thank you . Went on a short walk at one of my favorite places. I want to try to get into birding, and DH bought me a new set of binoculars!! They're too heavy though, so we're going to see if there's a lighter pair that would work better.

Last night we had one of my favorite couples over for dinner, so today I get to recover from that! Despite having it pretty tough right now, they just have such a great attitude.

Just sent DS off to school (he had ramen noodles for lunch..."the WHOLE packet mom! BLECH!!), time to wake DD up...
Old 04-21-2016, 07:16 AM   #4  

Pearl - good morning! Sounds like great news!!
Old 04-21-2016, 07:30 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Ruth, thanks for getting us started and LOL at getting lost at Costco. My mom and I have a specified bench we meet at. It works out well.

Tammy, nice to have dinner w/friends. I hope your day is restful.

Pearlrose, congrats on the job split. It sounds like it may be less crazy.

I've been up awhile. Sitting drinking coffee fretting about "stuff". Decided to move about and get some "stuff" done then reevaluate. I have a long day and need to pace myself. My sis bought tickets to a concert in Denver. Pentatonix. Sounds good only concert doesn't start until 8pm (already past my bedtime) and I work tomorrow. Will just have to plough through. I got the neighbor boy to agree to come let Kirby out so I don't have to board him. We will have fun (once I get there).

Apples don't bother me. I usually eat fruit by itself. We are all so different. I do like them with almond butter when I'm looking for something a little more substantial.

Have a great day everyone! I am going to look for more coffee.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:37 AM   #6  

Debbie - OOOOhhhhh, I would LOVE to see them!! I would be so freakin' tired by then too though! I see lots of coffee in your future tomorrow morning...
Old 04-21-2016, 08:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I've been enjoying the sounds of nature keeping the screen door open. Tammy I agree it could stay like this all summer. I'm not a big fan of the heat either...lol or the cold...I like neutral. Happy you enjoyed your birthday.

Debbie I don't know who Panatonix is. Have fun tonight. I really enjoyed a Rascal Flatts this summer. Before that I had not been to a concert in ages!!!

Pearlrose yeah about the job split. Will you still be able to WFH?

Ruth Jazz doesn't waste anytime finding escape routes lol. You have muddy paw season, I have tumbleweeds from Mick.

Guess what, nothing new here lol. I did get new uniforms yesterday. Unfortunately I need to send them back. Shirts were too big and the pants fit, but looked terrible. I don't like when they make new improvements. Today I am thankful for the beautiful weather and coffee. Maybe soon I can enjoy my coffee outside.....that's a good reason to bring out the patio set this weekend.

Enjoy!
Old 04-21-2016, 09:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223.5/225/165

Height: 5'4

Good morning,

Ruth - I love the dog beds Costco has. I bought my furbaby one 4 years ago and it is still going strong. You can unzip the cover and wash it.

Pearl - You must be so relieved things are getting worked out about your position.

Tammy - Sounds like you had a very nice birthday. I will try the apple with PB and I think later in the day.

Debbie- Enjoy your concert.

Jen - It is beautiful here as well. I put our chairs and table out have to get propane for the BBQ this weekend.

I am getting my hair done today. I have very dark brown hair and will be adding golden brown highlights for summer. I also have an interview tomorrow morning for a sweet PT job working 10 hours there I would make as much as I made at my ft job in a week. They told me to bring documents and be prepared to sign I-9 forms should I get hired. I must admit I am nervous. Tomorrow also starts Passover, I will try not to eat carbs but will be hard. Monday I get my shots so I am looking at the next 7 days being iffy on eating. Fri - Sat will be having Passover dinners. Normally I would think going back to phase I for 2 days would help that as long as I did not go overboard. But then I'll have about a week of only being able to eat crackers. Any suggestions on how to handle this? I have to go back and hardcore read about Phase II because I am not seeing more loss yet.

I wrote a novel today lol. Have a great day ladies !
Old 04-21-2016, 11:04 AM   #9  

Nicole - I lost 6 lbs the first week, gained 1 lb the second week, and lost 0-2 lbs weeks after that. When you don't lose a week or two, then lose a few, we call that a WOOSH! And it makes us happy. It's definitely not a linear thing. That weight drop the first week is mostly water weight, hanging on to all those starches you probably were eating before.

A bunch of us would also just watch how our clothes fit, and/or take measurements. I was stunned how many inches I had lost!

Last edited by TwynnB; 04-22-2016 at 03:31 AM.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:12 AM   #10  

Thanks for the encouragement Tammy ! I needed it today I am afraid to see my measurements.

Last edited by Nicole1288; 04-21-2016 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I find stress levels / hormones like to interfere with the scale. You have to keep telling yourself, scale have been known to lie when you are rolling the plan. The weight comes off much slower in P2, but is actual weight not water. Look for other positives too to monitor your progress, more energy, sleeping better, how your clothes fit. Don't be obsessed with numbers, something I keep trying to tell myself. lol.

What type of position are you interviewing for? Hopefully the commute isn't too bad either. Good luck.

Happy Passover too. Eat what you need to to help with the injections. SB is a lifestyle that allows for flexibility. You have to take care of yourself first no matter what.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:53 PM   #12  

Thanks for the support Jennifer. I am starting to miss my carbs bad The job will be 20 min away not bad at all. Hoping and praying for a good result.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:11 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Late check in here. The day was sunny: I got my walk in and a bit of garden planning but family "stuff" interfered with enjoying the evening. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day.

Nicole, I found I could eat a granny smith apple in the afternoon, still lose, and not crave. Many chicks also find berries are safe, probably due to the fiber? As Jennifer and Tammy said, SB is supposed to be for the long haul, not a quick fix, so don't feel bad if holidays or sickness throws you off plan for a few days.
Closed Thread