South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 06:09 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default February 1st and Monday Too!

It always seems right to have a month start on Monday and this one is a day longer than usual! I'd forgotten it was Leap Year.

Off to quilting Biddies this morning and am hoping to be home for lunch. I've finally convinced them to start at 9 instead of wandering in between 9:30 and 10:30 and spending time gabbing and coffeeing. One of the group is going to teach a new technique this morning so we need to get right at it.

The groundhog appears tomorrow and we'll see what he/she predicts. It's springlike right now with a high of 42 predicted and 50 later in the week. I do remember one "winter" when I planted my peas on St Patrick's day. In Ottawa, skating on the canal opened but is closed again. Too bad because Winterlude just got underway - a big tourist attraction.

Just took a look at this week's calendar and I need to get the day in gear - I'll spare you the details.

On we go but another coffee first.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

What the heck?! How is it February already? And we've only gotten one semi-decent snow . My kids are very disappointed, and sled on that hill until there was only grass left!

Ruth, let's see if they really keep on track today! It is a shame that the lack of snow is affecting your tourism. I keep wondering if we'll pay for this, February is often the worst month, and March can have its days as well. We moved here 9 years ago on March 25 (or something like that) and there were huge amounts of snow on the ground. Coming from NC, we were very excited!

Today is my one day this week I don't have appointments. I suppppppose I should do my home PT (did you hear me whining?) and take care of some niggles. I have a couple of appointments in the next couple of days that are really going to determine how my spring goes, and I am quite apprehensive about them. I'm on valium for muscle spasms, maybe I should just take extra until I get answers?

Ahhhhhh! Happy February!

Last edited by TwynnB; 02-01-2016 at 06:59 AM.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:55 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth. I wish I could come learn the new technique today but alas I'm a pretty basic quilter. lol. I did pull out the sewing machine last night and made another super simple fleece nightshirt. Enjoy your day!

Tammy, I'm glad to hear you have an appointment free week! We haven't had much snow here, either. I'm certain we are going to have some big dumps before this season is finished. Go girl on the PT!

Me, got another month done of the company books, shoveled the sidewalk and brushed off car, wrote checks for water bills and enjoyed a little coffee. I'm typing fast so I can get one more cup in!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-01-2016, 08:22 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Hard to believe it is February already. We enjoyed the nice weekend, on Saturday we went for a walk at the lake dam and then yesterday we went to the pet parade, lots of fun.

This week I am wfh everyday except Wednesday. I just have regular conference calls this morning and have to get the first of the month reports going.

Ruth glad you are shaping them gals up

Tywnn hope you hear positive news this week

Debbie you have been busy this morning, enjoy your day.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-01-2016, 08:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning my baby turns 20 on the 3rd! How did that happen??? Looks like he will be moving out by the weekend too January coukd have slowed down just a little. Although with Joe busy working on the house and DS's room empty maybe I will paint it and put in a new ceiling fan. Oh and repair little Knicks in his floor and walls. Just a thought.

After 10 hours I have a new boiler. I didn't imagine it would take that long. My old house gave them some minor set backs in the beginning. Thankfully I had heat and hot water before bed. Today I will actually shower (don't judge lol I couldn't get one in yesterday)

Today nothing is planned and I'm sure the dogs are grateful lol.

Ruth have fun with the quilters.

Tammy be a good girl and do your PT.

Debbie hope you have a nice calm week, you need it.

Pearlrose how was the pet parade?

Enjoy!

Last edited by jekel383; 02-01-2016 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:17 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey everyone, a late check in for me but I made it. We also had a unusually warm day today and tomorrow also look above average. Our snow is almost gone, not that we had much.

Rabbit, rabbit- where did January go? Now I am excited for spring to come for real.

Ruth, I haven't been to Winterlude in years. Doesn't seem like it would be the same without snow and ice on the canal.

Tammy, did you do your PT?

Debbie, your early morning hours were quite productive! I had a tough time just getting out the door on time today.

Jennifer, that is a long day without heat/hot water but now it is done. Hope you had a good day.

Pearlrose, that sounds like a fun weekend.

Now I am winding down with a cup of decaf. See everyone tomorrow!
Closed Thread