Old 01-29-2016, 09:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 475/292/184

Default I'm Back and have a story to tell.

Hello Everyone,
I am back, it's been a while but am here looking to team up with a few people to lose the 60 pounds I gained from a 291 pound loss 4 years ago. I lost this weight without surgery. It took me 34 months to lose it but it was SO worth my efforts. So when I was losing the weight I had my mojo going. I was in the groove and never really had a hard time losing once I was into it. I would do self hypnosis nightly and work out 2 hours per day. 1 hour at lunch and the other after dinner. Before bed I reflected on the day. Then did some visulation or self hypnosis. That worked for me.
My dilemma, I have slacked off a little. I still work out 1.5 to 2 hours 7 days a week but I am over eating. In the past 3 years I have managed to gain 60 pounds. I have to stop NOW or I may get to a point I was at when I was 475 pounds... I felt hopeless and I could not see the light at the end of the tunnel... I had to take the first step at 475 and boy did it hurt to go on the elliptical for 5 minutes never mind doing 20 minutes my daily goal at the time.
So I am back looking to spend time sharing ideas, listening to your ideas and working together to reach our goals.
Thanks for listening,
Steve
sjm1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 157/155/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Steve - you have lost a lot in the past and I know you can do it again.

We all have a story to tell and we are all here to help each other. Joining some of the challenges is a good start.

Good luck to you
wantochange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Good luck, Steve! Many of us on here are dealing with regains. It's so disappointing, but I like how you are remembering how hard it was to take that first step at your highest weight - even harder and more hopeless than the step you are taking now, because back then, you didn't have a track record of success to fall back on. You know what to do, now you just have to take the steps to do it! Good luck!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 475/292/184

Thank you everyone. I am having a good week so far. Feels good to go back to what feels familiar. I remember the day I lost my last pound of the 291 pounds and it frightened me... I was so happy I reached goal on one hand and on the other I said to myself, NOW WHAT DO I DO!
So thank you everyone, I am a work in progress.

Steve
sjm1027 is offline   Reply With Quote