South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 06:29 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Moving Thru Jan. Weekend Beachin, Jan 9-10

My how time is flying by! (At least I think so)

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm heading down to find coffee. It is ready. I set the timer last night. It brewed at 3am and I'm just getting up. The aroma was wafting up through the rafters but I decided to stay horizontal as long as possible since I have a big day on my feet ahead.

Work then right up to the next town with mom and sis for "High Tea". Apparantly someone gave my mom entry for two and she is treating us. I've given myself permission to enjoy (not much OP) but not to overeat.

Well that's my story. And yours?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-09-2016, 07:09 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie, and sleepy chicks! I managed to stay asleep until 6 for a change and so did the dogs. They were still curled up together on "their" chair in the back room.

Yesterday was a long and hard day and I'm sure glad I opted out of Book Club. We were supposed to have freezing rain overnight and I did not put the car in the barn. Looks like the forecast was wrong since I just checked. I love it when they are wrong about bad weather.

Not sure what today will bring but do know I must do the bank deposits - two different banks in two different towns - and pick up some salad fixings. I made that frozen veggie marinated salad but it made way too much and I'm getting tired of it. I need a cook as I'm getting in a rut foodwise.

For now, another coffee and wait for daylight.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:55 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Ruth! I'm glad the weatherman was wrong! Enjoy your day....wish you were closer I have an abundance of salad makings right now!
Old 01-09-2016, 08:03 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks! I slept until about 7; must have been the shock of going back to work tired me out after my week off.

Ruth, we also had the sleet and freezing rain forecast but right now it is warm enough to just be rain. I agree; I don't mind if the bad weather forecast is wrong. Drive safely today.

Today I should probably do some cleaning but I don't have much else on the agenda. Maybe I should rummage in the freezer and do some cooking. Or maybe read a book.

Jennifer,
hope you survive your long day! You asked about the 4 am skyping; that was Tammy and Ruth discussing their insomnia one day this week. I was sound asleep.

Off to find some breakfast. And more coffee.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:44 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I slept in until 7 as well. Been busy this morning clicking coupons and setting up a new phone for DD1 her old one died. I did all my Christmas decorations put away and went through 4 bags of clothing items to sort through. Still have another room upstairs and then I will tackle the mess that is the basement.

We were supposed to get snow but looks like it is not coming until later tonight so I will go get a few groceries and pick up DD2 from her sleepover.

Debbie hope the tips are good for you today

Ruth glad the forecast was wrong for you

Beth enjoy your day

Old 01-10-2016, 07:02 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning Chicks and I hope your Saturday worked out well.

The forecast stayed wrong so it was a lovely mild day. I did not get to town but did do the bank deposit run and it sure felt like spring. We are back to "normal" January weather this coming week but it was a nice break. Rain is definitely on the menu today and there is an "Alert" with flood warnings from the Nervous Nellies at Environment Canada. That should melt away the rest of the ice from the deck steps.

This morning my old Church group get together for coffee and toast at Christine's house which should be fun. Then I'll poke away at desk stuff and laundry for the afternoon before going down to Karen's for a Delta Family Dinner. Seems like I was just there for Christmas dinner but she wants everyone together before Ben goes back to uni. Should be fun but I hope it's an early night.

Enjoy your Sunday, whatever you do but remember it's supposed to be a Day of Rest.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:31 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning Ruth and chicks to come!

Ruth, Sunday is never my day of rest but yesterday I recognized why I work Sunday VS Saturday. I was home by noon. It was very slow....$71 in my pocket. Sundays we get the church crowd. It's much more lucrative. I'm going to start entering into QBooks this morning hoping to get one month done. Starting is the hardest then I get on a roll.

Old 01-10-2016, 08:09 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. A quiet Sunday morning right now; I'm enjoying my coffee.

I managed to get a few things done yesterday: laundry and some cleaning. We also had (and will have today) warm weather. That's fine with me since we had some ice buildup that is now gone. Winter returns tomorrow.

I tried a new recipe last night. Definitely Phase 2 but tasty. I baked acorn squash halves, then filled them with a stuffing of lean sausage and sauteed onions, mushrooms, peppers and celery seasoned with parsley and thyme and a sprinkle of Parmesan. (The original recipe only called for the onions so I upped the veggies and decreased the meat. Oh and a handful of cranberries which I omitted) It was very good and I might make an omelet with some of the leftover stuffing this morning.

Have a good day, Ruth, Debbie and chicks to come!
Old 01-10-2016, 09:22 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It's a very chilly morning here 7 degrees and only going up to 10 today. Yesterday was spent getting DD1 phone ready, finding out the second xbox that DD2 received is also defective will not connect to our internet and then went and got some groceries and then spent the rest of the day reading.

Today will be more talking to xbox support regarding next steps and then probably just some reading.

Enjoy your Sunday.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:08 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's DH's work weekend, so long chore lists for me. Yesterday was very productive, today is starting slow. It's rainy and above freezing, not warm, here. I'm glad I got two walks in yesterday, today will be a treadmill day. I need to get out and run an errand, but putting it off a little longer. Nothing exciting here, just planning the week's menu. The January goal is to eat down the freezer stash. It's so full in there I had no room for leftovers, so time to use up some of the stash.

Looking forward to a quiet, relaxing day here
Old 01-10-2016, 03:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Afternoon chicks, today is my well deserved lazy day. Slept in until 9!!! Thank you doggies!!! They were not too kind the day before when I only got 2 hours in before they needed me again lol. I'm one step up from jammies today and left the house in my super comfy clothes for groceries. Today is my get ready for the work week, yes another double thrown in on Wednesday ugh.

Beth the acorn squash recipe sounded so good!

Debbie I need to start getting organized for tax time. I think I will owe this year.

Pearlrose you certainly accomplished a lot this weekend

Ruth have fun at Karen's

Cyndi enjoy your relaxing time.

Well time for me to start cooking. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Closed Thread