South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 06:17 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default American Thanksgiving Day - Nov. 26

Good morning. Just let the dogs out and sniffed southward - no smell of turkey on the breeze yet. Maybe later? I think the stuffing is my favourite part. I hope everyone has a lovely and thankful day with friends and family.

We are in for a few days of relatively mild temperatures which bodes well for getting those darned porch lights and garlands up. I have at least 12 coming for "family" dinner on Sunday and would like to be a bit festive although I never decorate indoors until December.

Today I need to lug a bunch of "stuff" over to the Hall for the Christmas shop. I thought I was a hoarder but Nancy has beat me. All the things are new - bought at Michael's post Christmas. She and her husband loaded up my car last night. I'm hoping to time my trip to the Hall so Dann is there to do the carrying up the stairs onto the porch. I can go up steps and I can carry things - just not at the same time. It sucks to get old but, when you examine the alternative ...

Time for another coffee and then get dressed to tackle the day. The dogs have gone back to bed.

Have a wonderful day and be thankful.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning and happy Thanksgiving!

DS1 made it here safely yesterday. I baked pumpkin bread. Unfortunately it makes two loaves so that meant lots of "testing." (The ends are my favorite part.)

I started steroids yesterday to see if they'll help with my pinched nerve and will start PT again next week. I am blaming the steroids on emotions this morning. I am feeling very THANKFUL, even weepy. It has been a tough run for us lately but, knock on wood, I still have to say that life is good.

We are bringing the meal to MIL's house today. First time we've had a family event with so many of us there. It will be crowded. Hopefully she'll do okay and not get overwhelmed.

Have a happy holiday. Thanks to all of you for all your support
Old 11-26-2015, 07:00 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning and well wishes to everyone!

Yesterday was pretty much spent in the kitchen but with good results. I made Kayln's low sugar pumpkin cheesecake (YUM!!) and the apple pie. (Pearlrose, I made the pie with DH and DS1 in mind; I'm all about that pumpkin cheesecake)
And did the squash and cranberries so I'm pretty much down to the turkey, gravy and green veggie. Ruth, take a sniff to the south in the early afternoon. Our family eats their meal late.

DH might take the boys outside to string lights but other than that maybe a walk for me and I might twist the arms of my children to -gasp!- play a game or something.

Ruth hope you get some help unloading your car.
Karen, pumpkin anything tempts me! Hope the new treatment works and yes, I also have much to be thankful for.

To all the other chicks, enjoy your day!
Old 11-26-2015, 07:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING with Blessings and Peace to ALL!
Old 11-26-2015, 08:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

Karen you are not alone, I confided in my neighbor I have been very weepy all week. Thanksgiving was always my favorite holiday. I get fvery nostalgic reminiscing. In a way it makes me sad.

Pearlrose your DDs must be thrilled not having to share a bedroom. How do you feel about DS's plan?

Ruth I hope you get someone to carry the loot.

Beth I hope to get a walk in too.

Linda enjoy your day. Maybe you could FaceTime or Skype with your DD today.

Today I am thankful for memories of wonderful Thanksgivings. I'll watch some of the parade and cry lol. My grandpa woukd tell us stories about working for Macy's during the parade. I'm a sap. Thinking of those who can't be home to celebrate.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:12 AM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Happy Thanksgiving, american chicks. May your turkey be good and thanksgivings plenty.
take care
Sophie
Old 11-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Greetings SBD friends!

We made it safely to NC last night. Unfortunately, DH's father was put in the hospital (fluid in his lungs), so not the visit we thought it would be, but at least DH gets to be some support. I'm hoping papa comes home tomorrow, because I really don't want the kids exposed to all the nastiness of the hospital.

I guess we're having a nice meal today (ham and trimmings) but the real thanksgiving meal tomorrow when more of the relatives will be present.

It's been a tough year, but still lots to be thankful for!
Old 11-26-2015, 09:34 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Thanksgiving to all US chickies!

We were supposed to go to St. Louis for the parade but both myself and DH have a cold going on so we will just watch the Macy's parade on tv. I will start lunch shortly. DS and GF are having lunch at our house and then going to her family for dinner. DD1 works tonight so I will wake her for lunch and then she will go back to sleep. We may to our Lady of the Snow Shrine to look at the way of lights this evening (tradition for our family) if DH is up to it, but it will just be us and DD2.

Ruth it is good that you know your limitations and get help carrying things up the stairs. I sometimes push and end up with some kind of mild injury.

Karen glad that you will have a big gathering and I hope it is not too much for MIL

Beth I am having a piece of cheesecake today as well instead of apple pie but did make one for DH and DD2. Enjoy your time with your family

Cottage Happy Thanksgiving

Jekel it is a bit bittersweet for me to see DS move out, in one way I am glad he is taking on adult responsibilities (he will be 24 in Jan) but will miss seeing him every day.

Sophie I hope you have a good day.

Tywnn you posted at the same time. Glad you made it safe and I hope papa is able to come home tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 11-26-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:27 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Greetings!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day! We are eating leftovers and staying in. It is snowing here.

Tammy, I hope your FIL is released today!

Off to take a nap.
Closed Thread