Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-19-2015, 08:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Default Photo documenting journey: when did you start to see change

I have been taking photos of my weight journey. I had DH take photos when I began and recently just added my 20 lb loss to them. I figured I'd compare them, just to see if I saw any potential area of loss w/a bit more studying then in the mirror. Lets just say I must be loosing from the inside out. But do any of you who document your journey see changes at this point or as you get further along? When did you see the biggest change in yourself? I have a long way to go, but thought I'd ask and see just for encouragement that things are changing and maybe my eyes are a bit more hypercritical. Do you tend to wear the same outfit for consistency so you know how things were fitting and how they are fitting at the time of photo?

I know when I look down at the tops of my feet I am seeing more thinness then I did two months ago, I know I have more energy in my day and my clothes fit a bit looser and of course the scale tells me my weight has been coming down. I should take these all as a good sign. Maybe next set of photos I should make sure I am not suffering from total bedhead as well Perhaps that will put a different spin on things when I look at my photos. Patience I guess would probably be best.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:32 AM   #2  
flyin purple people eater

S/C/G: sz 20/22 --> sz 10/12 --> sz 8

Height: 5'8"

I don't weigh myself, but I have been taking pictures from time to time. At first, the changes were really subtle - I noticed a slight slimming down around my waist, and my double chin got smaller. I went through a couple of months of everything seemingly changing overnight, and now I feel like the changes are slowing down again.

The biggest change has been my waist measurements; I have been exercising while losing and have been focussing on core work a lot. (I have five kids; my core was trashed!) During the progression of photos, I can see my waistline slimming considerably.

I don't "do" skimpy clothing, so even though I wanted to wear the same clothing in all the photos, the clothes I started out with have long since been donated.

I would say you are getting close to the point where weight loss will be easily noticeable in pictures. Maybe take another set of photos in a few weeks? I try not to look at the difference from one photo to the next, but look across the series of pictures for overall trends. These days, I will take a few selfies in a full-length mirror when I'm out and about, and I have recently noticed that I was wearing a top that fit me beautifully about 6 weeks ago that is now a lot looser in the hips. I didn't really notice that before the pictures, so it's a useful tool.
Raisin5Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:02 AM   #3  

Thanks! I had talked to my mom the other day and we live a few hours apart but she said she's noticing a difference just in my upper chest as we talk via facetime. So if others are noticing, I guess that's good. I just am not yet. W/the measuring tape - yes, that I have seen. I will heed your advice and just kind of keep track how things fit and go from there. My clothing choices for photos have been the old yoga pants and a t-shirt - but I did a fitted t the other day - I still look a bit sausage stuffed look on my back which caused me concern that I hadn't realized how it looked. So right now, that's a motivator for me to continue to work on the weight as I found that photo not so friendly and the look really unappealing to myself. I will keep working it slow as it goes and hope to one day report back that the back fat has indeed diminished
Old 10-20-2015, 09:19 AM   #4  
flyin purple people eater

S/C/G: sz 20/22 --> sz 10/12 --> sz 8

I'm sure you will!
Raisin5Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:22 PM   #5  

Another thing about taking photographs: Remember to take pictures from the front, sides and back. I might not see any improvement in my front or side pictures but the picture of my back surprises me every time - I must gain fat in my back and lose it there first as well!
Weightever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:39 PM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Below 200 it went crazy f@cking nuts for me.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:48 AM   #7  
Slow and sure chick

I also find it helpful to take measurements.
Between the scale, measurements, and photos,
something will keep you motivated.
Watercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:43 PM   #8  

Thank you all! I have been keeping track of measurements, I have seen more that way then with pounds some days. I look so forward to getting rid of the fat shroud - somedays I'd just like it to go quickly, but I know it will take some work first.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:24 PM   #9  
Slow and sure chick

I really hear you on that.
It's like "okay I'm ready, so why isn't the scale ready?

Patience, patience.

First we put the new habits/patterns into place,
then we trust our body to do what it needs to do.
Good things are happening whether we're aware or not.
Watercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:57 AM   #10  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I also find great comfort in weighing and measuring once a month, rather than every day or even every week. THat way I see larger changes in the numbers, whether on the scale or the tape measure.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote