South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 07:00 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Gentle Slope Wednesday - October 7

Well, I sure eased into this day! Slept from 9 last night to 6 this morning without a potty-break. Amazing! I guess I was really tired or stressed.

I didn't realize how uptight I was about the Charleston trip. I still kept my hair appointment, of course, and delivered the rest of the schoolwork while I was out. I even got new passport photo since mine will be up for renewal for my next trip. By the way, flight cancellation cost me just over $100 and I can take the same or similar flight with the same carrier as long as it originates in Canada. I see a spring trip somewhere. I do have an early December trip already booked and prepaid.

So strange to have the rest of the week and weekend free. I guess I should clean out the fridge as it's really pared down and get in some groceries. I will be going to Thanksgiving Dinner at Claire's place Sunday but I probably should eat before then. Ya think?

Enjoy your fleeting fall day and, as a friend always says, "Be kind to one another."
Old 10-07-2015, 07:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning!

I wasn't stressed at all about our Charleston trip, Ruth. I was ready to go, but we made the right decision to cancel, after hearing about all the flooding down there. I guess I'll switch out wardrobes this weekend, instead.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:17 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Today another in office day, then DD2 has art class and our favorite rummage sale starts tonight so we will hit that on our way home.

Ruth, so glad you were able to sleep well, maybe you shouldn't let too many people know you are not gone and have some me time.

Cottage I am not quite ready to change over clothes as the forecast for next week is still going to be in 70s for highs, a light jacket in the morning takes care of the chill.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-07-2015, 09:15 AM   #4  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

off to meet my daughter at the haf point mark to pick up my almost 3 year old grandson. What a busy few days here it will be.

Take care
Sophie
Old 10-07-2015, 10:00 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

A safe trip over and we went out to dinner and then headed to the pool. I got almost 9 hours sleep and am feeling like facing the day. Ruth, thanks for sharing that site to all the pictures. I started looking yesterday and came to look at some more today!

Must get going. Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-07-2015, 01:03 PM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quik pop-in between meetings to say hello! I wish I got your sleep Debbie! I think I got 2 full hours

Thanks again for all the kind words on my post. Now to stay away from the wedding and then birthday cake!!!
Old 10-07-2015, 05:21 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, everyone!

Another smooth but busy day at work. I always like it when I get caught up on my paperwork, although it only lasts for a day before a new deluge arrives.

I am quite excited that I still have 1 cherry tomato plant alive; picked a handful when I got home this afternoon. Once it dies I pretty much swear off tomatoes until next year's crop; comparatively speaking, those winter hot house types don't have much flavor. I also have broccoli that's still producing and brussel sprouts. Yum!

Sounds like the mods were smart to cancel the SC trip; the pictures on the news are really awful. I lived through a flood my senior year of high school and don't wish that on anyone.

Cottage, I've started the wardrobe switchover but am still holding out on a few items. Had to break down ad find some socks to wear the other day!

Jenne, good to see you back.

Sophie, enjoy your GS.

Happy camel day, chicks!
Old 10-07-2015, 06:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hi, chicks. Hadn't realized I'd been AWOL this week. My cold has hit full force. Called work today to see if they could spare me and am happy to be home instead. (Don't tell anyone that I haven't showered in two days!) Spent the past two days reading. Not the worst cold but I'm hacking away enough to have sore abs already.

Ruth and Linda - Bummer about your trip. DH has an old HS buddy in town from Charleston who needed someone to help him get out of his neighborhood through the flooding waters so he could catch his flight.

Jenne - Kudos to you.
Closed Thread