South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 07:09 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday - September 11

Good morning from slightly chilly Delta. I woke to the sound of the furnace turning on - a taste of fall!

I did make it to town yesterday and got some "musts" off my list. Happiness is knowing you have two packages of vacuum cleaner bags! When I got home, Michelle had arrived late morning and had my house all spiffed up. It's nice to have her back although her daughter Sierra did a decent job over the summer.

Slight panic this morning when I couldn't find a financial report that I knew I'd done but not printed. I found it and it's now ready to take off to Quilting meeting this a.m. I did NOT get the three quilts completely finished but will hand them in anyhow.

This afternoon Maggie (a facilitator) is coming to interview me about the Mill Board - sort of a management audit. Everything she hears is to be strictly confidential so I can whine all I want about being the treasurer and the way Dann is handling some issues. It should be an interesting afternoon and I hope some good comes out of it.

And then ... it's the weekend. Rain in the forecast for tomorrow and it'll be the first Saturday since May when I don't need to go pick up bread and open the Mill!

What's happening in your Friday section of the world? Fun stuff, I hope.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! I hope your meeting goes well this afternoon. Happiness is having a dyson that doesn't require bags... One sweep across our 8x10 carpet, and the bin needs to be emptied with all this animal hair! (although I am down to two kittehs now. What self respecting crazy cat lady only has TWO cats?!)

Today is my MRI. I'm scared they'll find something and scared they won't. A lot going on in the next week, so we'll see if they turn anything up. My boss wrote me yesterday to ask if I'm going to work Oct 4th, and I told her there's no way, but I'll give a report next week. *sigh*

Otherwise, just enjoy my last few hours of quiet before the weekend hits and my children run around like crazy people!
Old 09-11-2015, 07:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Ruth hope your meeting is productive. Enjoy your vacuum cleaner bags. Reminds me I need them too.

Today I will watch the 9/11 Memorial Service before going to work. Always a somber day on the anniversary.

I need to do a few odds and ends since my days off this week are already pretty full. I think the crockpot might get a workout tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! After yesterday's very welcome soaking rain, it's a lot less humid and a bit cooler today. My doctor appointment went very well, and I thank everyone who wished me well.

Today I'll be packing and getting ready for my trip. I'm running to the grocery store this morning to make sure Jake has food while I'm away, and I want to pick up several things to take along with me. I'll do laundry after I get back from Dad's this afternoon, and finish up my packing. We leave early tomorrow morning, and I am so looking forward to a week at the beach.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Tammy I hope your MRI goes well.....I thought of you the other day. We have a very large K-9 unit and a beautiful new facility. Our job is hiring a vet tech to help lower the department's cost for routine care. I'm sure the job will pay well and come with a pension and great benefits. I am supposed to get a tour next week. The K9s are always welcomed in my office for some loving, no treats as they "earn" them.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

Happiness is having a HUSBAND who vacuums. Most of the time, anyway. And maybe not as often as needs to be done. But still.

Tammy -

Cyndi - glad to hear it.

Not only didn't I shop for shoes yesterday, but while at work I was hustling along and suddenly felt a sharp pull in the arch of my foot. It hurt the rest of the time; I walked slowly and on the edge of my foot. So far it seems mostly better this morning but I am going to try to keep off it today. I'll tell my trainer no lunges this morning!
Old 09-11-2015, 07:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers for you, Tammy! Good luck!
Old 09-11-2015, 09:08 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I realized last night while I was grocery shopping that yesterday was my last day of Phase 1 so I got some strawberries and peaches in my cart. It was a successful Phase 1 and so now onward to Phase 1.5

Our town has Trentonfest that starts tonight and tomorrow I have work picnic and then parade back in our town so busy weekend.

Dealing with issues at work right now hopefully will get everyone calmed down.

Ruth yeah for no more bread runs, I would have been so tempted. Glad you came home to clean house

Cottage do you leave today or tomorrow for your week at the beach?

Tywnn thinking of you today

Jekel DH has the tv on now watching memorial, I still remember that day and what I was doing at the time

Karen hope your foot stays better

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-11-2015, 12:02 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Getting in a little late....I'm trying to get stuff done so I can head to Denver for my weekly meeting and I was hoping for a little extra time before to do something I "want" since DH is home with the dogs, which is rare these days. I just finished my smoothie, but unfortunately I got too hungry first, so I'm having some toast. So....I've just put up a few things that can be done tomorrow and I'm going to VACUUM my bedroom. I'm happy I have two vacuums in two locations and that they both work. This is one hair filled household.

Tammy, sending special thoughts your way today.

Take care everyone!
Closed Thread