Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 08-24-2015, 04:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 348/185/170

Height: 5.10/177cm

Default Long term problems after bypass

Hi everyone

I am now almost 3y after my surgery. So all the bigginers problems are now already far gone.

But I do wonder what kind of problems if any..others have? I have problems with my digeston..this is rather unconforable but managable to live with though. Does anyone have problems with instant diarrhea?

Pls share if you have any kind of problems after several years of bypass.
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/238/190

Height: 5-6

I am also about 3 years post surgery.
My highest weight: 310lbs
Lowest post op: 210lbs
Current: 238lbs
Over the last 16 months I have gained 30lbs. I started eating out more (started a new relationship, dinner dates and movies ect) , my exercise slowed down, and I was under a lot of stress in my last year of school.

My continuous Post Op struggles:
1) I am still struggling with eating too much and having to vomit because it gets stuck and backed up and has no where to go but up.
2) I get really bad acid/heart burn when I sleep sometimes.
3) Post op I have never been regular. I sometimes go a few days without going #2. I figure all I am eating is being absorbed or I just get very constipated.

It would be interesting to see what other people are going through several years out.

Has anyone else gained? Please don't let me be the only one!
2gabsxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 322/265/155

Height: 5'5

My gastric bypass surgery was 10 years ago, I have been lucky to have very few complications.
My highest weight 322
Lowest weight 191 about a year and a half after surgery then I got pregnant w my son.
Current weight 265
I can't handle much sugar without dumping but if I am careful and eat low fat I have few digestion issues. I do still take a ton of supplements too.
Gigglesnbowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:35 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I didn't have the bypass.. lapband (10 years now).. acid reflux is my issue. I had it so bad I had to get a complete unfill. I have since had a little fluid put back in and the reflux came back, not as bad but I have to be careful.

Its never easy, is it.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote