South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 06:43 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Clucks - July 30

So much for the promised "cool down" overnight! It's supposed to rain off and on today so maybe that will do it. Yesterday was pretty terrible! It's trash day today so I'll lug it out to the road shortly and test the weather.

Then I need to make a comprehensive grocery list and hie myself to Brockville. The cupboards and fridge are bare and I'm sure my weekend visitors will want to eat. This afternoon I'll do a wee bit of food prep for lunch and dinner for tomorrow.

Now that the Christmas stuff is stashed away, I need to purge this house of old abandoned craft stuff and other stuff that I've been hanging onto for "someday when I have time". I have unfinished projects from the 1960s. Wish me luck! Fly Lady is welcome to come and visit - after this weekend!

Hope your day is relatively cool - in all ways!
Old 07-30-2015, 06:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good luck with your purging, Ruth! I feel so good when I get rid of things I no longer use, and I'm getting good at it! I hope you get all your shopping done in happy anticipation of your weekend guests.

I just printed out my boarding pass and this time tomorrow, I will already be on my way to Chicago! I'm very excited to see DD and family, and see their new home and neighborhood. It'll be an early night tonight, since my plane starts boarding at 5:45am!

Lot's to get done, and I want to stop by Dad's on my way to the farm, so I'd better get going!

Stay cool and have a good day!
Old 07-30-2015, 07:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning been a busy week with early. or ing meetings at work. Luckily today's was canceled and I can enjoy my coffee.

Ruth I save paper towel, toilet paper and wrapping tubes. But then again I have weekly recycling pick up. I try really hard to recycle what I can. Glad the fest room is ready for company.

Linda in case I don't get back here later, have a wonderful trip. DD will be so happy to see you!!!

Debbie sorry to hear Bing is not doing well. I get nervous leaving my pups alone as they are getting up there in age.

Karen I have an iPhone 4s and a Galaxy 5s. I do like the camera better with the Galaxy. I think most smart phones are similar these days.

I plan on doing nothing before work today other than an at home pedicure. I only have two more days of work before my vacation starts Whoo hoo. I haven't taken anytime off since May and that was for the Police Unity Tour. I am already planning on a pit stop at Cabela's and Cracker Barrel. I love the little store

Raising my mug to a break in humidity!
Old 07-30-2015, 08:26 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Ruth, sounds like my weather is your weather! I hid inside from the heat yesterday and today I may be hiding from the storms. I have a half-done mulching project which will just have to wait another day. (I'm replacing old landscape fabric and half-decayed weedy mulch next to the house with fresh fabric and rubber mulch. Who knew if you neglect things and don't replace your mulch for several years it becomes a mess??)

Cottage, in spite of family protests I have been trying to do some purging as well. The clutter can really get to me! Have a productive day and a great trip!

Jennifer
, sounds like you really could use that vacation. Enjoy your coffee in peace this morning.

I'm off to refill my cup and brainstorm my inside chore list. My trash is already by the road. Have a great day, chicks!
Old 07-30-2015, 01:04 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 2"

Ruth Your inspire me to check those tubs of craft stuff I was sure I'd be doing when I retired. Now arthritis stops some of those projects.

I do have a half finished corduroy jacket I started for my son, who is now a grandfather to a 2 year old that may be too big for that almost finished jacket. Time to purge.

HEAT HELP. At least today I get to be inside with air conditioning. I was on the road yesterday in and out of hot car and after supper was too tired to even move.

Jennifer You really DO need a vacation. Enjoy doing what brings you pleasure.

Beth Gardening projects can simply wait . . .

Gym yesterday with Massage has my hamstrings stinging. At least I used them. I'll enjoy being inside with AC even as I clean house.

Coffee break is due now.

May some cool weather come envelope this continent. Sandy
Closed Thread