Old 07-10-2015, 11:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 269/265/160

Height: 5' 6"

Unhappy Frustrations

Hey, folks.

I haven't been keeping up here like I should. I fell off the wagon over the last few months. I was on a roll when I started back in December and had gone down from 269 to about 256. I let myself gain back 10 pounds and am three ponds away from my starting point, which is kind of a shock. I do not want to be that high ever again. I know one of my downfalls is grazing on whatever I can get my hands on, especially later in the evening.

I also have a love for fast food and sweet stuff like the Little Debbie's snacks (twinkies and oatmeal creme pies being my guilty pleasure, if you will) which also doesn't really help my bank account at all. It's probably also not helping that my family is having me get takeout at least once a week, either.

I guess I'm just needing to vent here before I kick myself back into gear here. I also don't want to end up like my dad, who died last year from pretty much everything he was sick from. The amount of medications he was on was astounding, and I don't want to go down that path.
isoldeacurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:29 AM   #2  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

We all fall off the wagon, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back on track. I recently came back also. So very nice to meet you.
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: .

Height: .

Welcome back!
I'm in the exact same situation as you and I recently just returned as well. The difference is that I gained 30 extra pounds!
It is sad, but you should definitely jump back in NOW. Think about it, at least you are 3 pounds down. 3 pounds is certainly better than nothing! You could start losing weight again or do nothing and possibly gain more (like myself). Then you will really kick yourself in the backside!
Mostly I wanted to say that I understand your frustration. I also love snacking in the evening and I'm a sucker for sweets like ice cream sundaes, cakes, cookies, etc.
You can still lose weight and allow yourself to have those items occasionally. I find that if I don't allow myself to "cheat", then one day I will have enough of dieting, go crazy, and eat everything I can get my hands on.
Therefore you shouldn't deprive yourself of things like that. Allow yourself to order fast food once a week and perhaps for dessert you could have a Little Debbie snack cake. It will be your cheat day.
I diet and exercise the whole week and on Friday my husband brings me out for an ice cream sundae with the whole works! I occasionally stop at Mcdonald's once a week as well.
It is about moderation. I know how easy it is to fall into the routine of reaching for a bag of chips or a cupcake while watching evening TV. Now you have to snack on healthy things and leave the junk food for special occasions.
It is hard at first, but you eventually adjust to it. Also it makes the times when you do have your special treat even better! After a week of no junk, an ice cream sundae tastes like absolute heaven!
Good luck
Goldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 01:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 299/263/150

Height: 5' 4"

We've all been there. I'm working on getting off the 20 pounds I gained a couple of years ago when I started working at home. I have about 10 to go before I feel like I'll really be at my starting point. Choose a plan, and if that doesn't feel right, try another. I prefer low carb because I know it works, but I'm not super strict. What I have found over the past few weeks is that the less I eat, the less I want. I'm resisting sweets more and more, which is a big deal for me. I have had regular soda on occasion, when I really wanted a soda because I don't do diet, usually flavored water. You'll figure out what works for you. You probably already know
gagirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:04 PM   #5  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

I totally get the backsliding problem! I'll lose weight and be so happy with myself...only to gain it back plus another 20lbs. Now I'm hanging around the highest weight I've ever been in my life!

We can do this! Just gotta dig in and recommit.
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:50 PM   #6  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I'm also re-starting for a 3rd time, I re-started on the 12th of this month, The 1st time was May of 2013, The 2nd time was Jan. 2014 and now for a 3rd and hopefully the last time.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

OMG! We have all been there! Especially me!!! Lately it has been sooo stinking hot here in northern CA that all I want to do is sit & watch tv, which also leads to snacking/grazing....oh, just plain old porking out!!!

I have also felt myself under a lot of stress. We just bought a home & will be starting to move this next week!!! I'm excited yet I'm also very anxious because we have soooooo much to do! I didn't realize how much stuff we accumulated in the last 14 years! UGH!!!

I've promised myself that I can just maintain for the next 2 or 3 weeks, I'll be able to concentrate more on me. I'm going to have my own hobby/exercise room!!! I have plans to have exercise mat(s), some hand weights & a small tv with a DVD player so I can do workouts indoors when it's too hot out. I'm sooo stoked! I'll share pictures when things get settled some. I even have plans for more, like maybe an elliptical or something along those lines, somewhere down the road.

But back to the subject: I happens to all of us. It does not matter how many times you fall off the wagon, it's how many times you get back on! And we learn more about what our triggers are when we do go BUMP! I know what causes me to eat...stress & boredom. I know I have to keep myself busy or I'll eat. As for stress, I KNOW that stress effects me LESS when I eat better & exercise...so why do I screw up? ARGH!! Guess I'm still learning!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:08 PM   #8  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

MrsTryingAgain ~ Congrats on the new house, Moving into a new house can be exciting.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote