Old 07-07-2015, 02:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Height: 5'6

Default Love/Hate food and eating

There are probably a lot of us who have this issue. I swear if I could just take a pill and not have to eat or prepare food, I would do it.

Once I get started I have a very VERY hard time stopping. I never thought food addiction was a real thing but I think it is!

I thought that once my depression was under control, the weight would sort of drop of naturally. Nope, didn't happen. If anything, Ive gained weight. I am actually happy in my life now and I have ambition again. and hope again.

However, I wish I didn't have to eat.

Does anyone else feel this way? I hate feeling out of control in this one area. I have a wonderful husband, a good job, friends that I love, I am enjoying college ( I went back to school at 40) but feeling like I don't have a choice once I start eating is just crushing me.

Thank you for letting me vent. I am very encouraged by the threads and comments here and I'm glad I joined the site
Jennie_Witchtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:58 AM   #2  
DianeAleaha

Height: 5'4"

Hi Jennie, I agree with your thoughts on a persons relationship with food. It can be an addiction and addictions are life consuming.

It took me many years to recognize that I will finish ( even to the point of making myself sick) a 'sweet for a treat' that I bought when I was grocery shopping. I will not be at peace ( where I am focused it is in my home, teasing me!) until I have eaten it.

I have no clue why I am that way. Well, I smoked for 35 years, weight issues since I was very young. Those 2 things are all about addictions. Well, I haven't had a cigarette in almost 5 years and I am making myself aware I have triggers about food and I am learning to avoid them. Does this mean these two addictions that I meantioned will be a thing of the past someday? Um, no cure for me. I just have to believe that my keeping aware of me staves off trouble ahead. I so don't want to slip in to doing things that are a cost me.

Some days its harder than others.

Last edited by DianeAleaha; 07-07-2015 at 08:05 AM.
DianeAleaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Height: 5'6

You should be so proud to have quit smoking! I am glad to know someone else views food this way. I am wondering if I need to have counseling or what. Seriously, I wish I could just feel full and not have to eat.
Jennie_Witchtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/285/170

Height: 5'10"

I'm so glad you posted about this! I'm exactly the same way. I will go to the grocery store and pick up a random assortment of different foods that I swear up and down will be to last me throughout the week. But there is something in me that demands I must "try" them all, and by the end of the night I've eaten all of it regardless of being hungry or actually needing nourishment.

This is not only very unhealthy but very expensive too! I'm embarrassed by the size of my body and my grocery bills. Embarrassment and emotional distress just leads to more eating and more spending. It's an awful cycle.

But!! There is hope. We can find ways to cope right? That's why we're all here! I'm definitely going to be scouring these forums for other people's advice on controlling their own demons.
PandaPudge is offline   Reply With Quote