Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-07-2015, 02:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 89/86/70

Height: 167

Default Not being hungry for more than 18 hours is that a concern

Hi have recently taken on eating a lchf diet about 3 weeks ago and finding its really good. I have been reading about not eating unless you are hungry. Well I ate last night and then honestly was still not hungry 18 hours after I last ate which was both amazing and quite bizarre. Have others experienced not needing to eat for more than 18 hours and when did you finally get hungry? I didn't push beyond 18 hours because I wasn't too sure if that would be an issue and also because I needed to go to the supermarket and was concerned if I got hungry at the supermarket I might end up buying something off the plan and eating it.

Last edited by VivinSingapore; 07-07-2015 at 02:18 AM.
VivinSingapore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:12 AM   #2  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Not eating for long periods of time slows the metabolism, resulting in weight gain.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:10 AM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I go 18 hours between meals every day. I eat a large breakfast and a massive lunch. No big deal.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

People on Intermittent Fasting plans will often go 18 hours without eating, so I wouldn't worry about it. I do think it was a good idea to eat before going to the grocery though, lol!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:14 PM   #5  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

I couldn't imagine shopping on an empty stomach.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:25 PM   #6  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: S 270/C Ticker/MiniGoal#1 170

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiKai View Post
I couldn't imagine shopping on an empty stomach.
Have done it. It isn't pretty.

Either I was buying everything in the store...or running over Seniors and small children in a rush to get out before I binge shopped.
Vickie Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:12 PM   #7  
High Fat/Low Carb=Happy!

Height: 5'9" Age: 50

LCHF suppresses your appetite by putting you in ketosis. Going for 12+ hours without eating is common. Americans generally eat too much/too often anyway, don't stress. The only people who really need frequent meals are serious athletes, infants or pregnant. Everyone else is carb crashing.

You cannot use standard benchmarks when eating LCHF. Low calorie/high exercise/deprivation/hunger don't relate. You will lose weight effortlessly, they will tell you that you are doing it wrong. I strongly suggest you find a LC board. I like Low Carb Friends.

BTW,, there is NOTHING wrong with fasting for 18 or more hours as long as you stay hydrated. Regular fasting may extend human lifespan, in fact.

Last edited by ReNew Me; 07-07-2015 at 09:26 PM.
ReNew Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:29 PM   #8  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I'd keep an eye on it and if it persists I would talk with your doctor. Sometimes it's just your body adjusting and sometimes it's something more. This past year my emotional eating was masking my B12 deficiency. Typically with some of the early symptoms are lack of appetite and unintentional weight loss. The other symptoms (low energy, rapid heart rate, shortness of breath, brain fog, depression) I just attributed to my PTSD and IST (inappropriate sinus tachycardia). It wasn't until I developed neuropathy in my foot that my doctor discovered I was extremely low in B12. That week I also decided to start eating healthier and quit eating my emotions. When I did that I realized I did feel hungry, ever. I still don't get hungry in the usual way anymore. I just know when I feel hypoglycemic that I need to put food in me. I've started scheduling my meals because otherwise I won't eat enough.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote