South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 06:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Muggy Monday SBD Beach Chat, 7/6

That about says it for me this morning.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was quieter than usual, but nice. This morning I have to leave a bit early to pick up Audrey for an ortho appointment, and shop for groceries afterwards. It's dark and gloomy out which means more rain is on it's way. At least the garden is happy. Anyone want some cucumbers? Zucchini? And what was I thinking when I planted all these onions?????
Old 07-06-2015, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage, I didn't plant any zucchini, can I have just a couple? I'll miss yellow squash, I really like cooking those down with onion.

Muggy here too. Have lots of niggles to do, and my first PT appointment, I am interested to see what she does to me. We're leaving Thursday for NC - I haven't seen the in-laws since August - but I still need to figure out what food to make for the next couple of days. Cold food sounds appealing!

Have a good Monday... (is that an oxymoron?)
Old 07-06-2015, 07:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Tammy, take a detour and swing by my house on your way to SC, and I'll load you up with veggies! Good luck at PT today!
Old 07-06-2015, 07:05 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Linda! I wish I had some zucchini and cucumber. I put in a few plants late but they don't do great at this altitude. I hope your day isn't too muggy. At least the garden is growing.

Tammy, it will be interesting to hear what the PT has to say. Hopefully some good exercises for home, too.

I am just slowly getting this day started with coffee. I guess I will get out of my comfy chair soon and make my smoothie. I'm sure it will be busy at work today. Nothing exciting. I just shut off the timers hoping I can mow the lawn when I get home. My sister catered a barbecue for a family reunion last Friday and had an over abundance of organic tomatoes, red peppers and slaw. I had those for dinner last night and tonight will add a bison burger. Yum. Kirk is over picking raspberries. Our crap from last year gave us berries for our smoothie for the entire year. That's been nice. I think I'm adding the very last of our stash today.

Whatever your Monday brings, have a great day!
Old 07-06-2015, 07:14 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's very pleasant here right now, but muggy on tap. We haven't set the AC up yet, this might be the week.
We have hot water DH got the new hot water heater in with very little trouble, in less time than he anticipated.

Linda - I never have enough zucchini. It's still hard to find up here. Our growing season had a very slow start.

Tammy - Hope PT is helpful

Debbie - We just finished our blueberries from last year. You inspired me, we have blackcaps all over our yard. Maybe I can get enough to bag a couple of pints

Okay, time to get moving. I have a very long list today, including top layer of stitches out. I love DH being home so much (he's taking lots of vacation days while I am off so we have time together) but I don't get as much done when he is home
Old 07-06-2015, 07:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Tammy good luck today. Cold food does sound appealing today, muggy here too.

Linda glad the appointment is early. Maybe you will find time for a dip in the pool

Debbie nice you had healthy leftovers to enjoy.

Hi Natasha we miss you!!! Hope the apartment hunting goes well. Are you and your roommate looking together? You got to meet Jamie's daughter, how exciting!

Yesterday I was pretty productive. I even washed the cars by hand! I can get the work one done for free, but the car wash we use for work usually leaves the car smelling from the rags. Went for a nice, albeit late ride. Enjoyed a healthy day of eating. Picked up my groceries. Laundry and ironing completed. Snuck in a nap too.

the big treat was renting McFarland. What a great story!! if you haven't seen it, IMHO definitely worth watching.

Today after taking DS to work going to ride. Not certain if in or outdoors. Going to Joe's later, but must get my food prep done. Three out of my five work days I have to be in the city early for meetings ugh.

Keep cool chicks
Old 07-06-2015, 07:30 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from the cold top half of the Continent where we are going to 85F - I function best at 65º but I'll take it.

I did a wee bit of gardening yesterday and was pleased to see that my beans are in blossom. My garden is slow this year so this is a "No Cuke, No Zuke Zone". The cabbage butterflies have already found my kale. I hope it can grow faster than they can eat it!

Absolutely way too much cash in my house this morning so I will be off to the Bank as soon as it opens. I can use the night depository for cheques and paper money but have lots of coin - those Loonie and Toonies are darned heavy. (Shall I see if I can get a Brinks truck on short notice?)

The Mill Executive meets here this afternoon - first meeting since May so lots to discuss. Store-bought Lemonade and Iced Tea is on hand as I refuse to serve coffee on a hot afternoon. I even invested in a lemon for garnish. (Priced them for the fish fry and they were $1 each!)

Today I must firm up schoolwork judging day with Terri. It's supposed to cool off a bit by mid-week so we may tackle the task Thursday or Friday. The second floor of the Fair Hall is where the heat goes and there's no AC. On the other hand, Terri spends the winter in Costa Rica so ...

Art just drove by with his tractor after cutting the grass in the Fairground so I am already behind. He's the hardest working guy I know - an ex-cop who grew up in the area. When someone mentions something should be done, Art just does it while they are still trying to round up volunteers.

Time to put away yesterdays laundry and get dressed for the morning. Lazy dogs have been out, had breakfast and are now cuddled together on a chair in the back room. They have a great life!

Enjoy your Monday and make it count.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:55 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

In office day and getting ready for my 8 a.m. meeting. Yesterday got entire house cleaned and most of the laundry finished, went shopping for a few things and then enjoyed the evening with DD2.

Sounds like everyone is doing well considering it's Monday. It is going to be a muggy one today with more storms this evening...at least my basement is dry right now.

Okay gotta run.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-06-2015, 09:37 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey ladies, warm and muggy here today also. I'm not going to complain since last week we had way too much dreary rain.

Off to get groceries. Have a great day, chicks!
Old 07-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Wheeee! Just a quick run-by fruiting. First day back to work after "vacation" is always rough. Back OP today and thankful, my body was not thrilled with the various things I ate over the weekend. Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!!!!

Lisa
Old 07-06-2015, 02:59 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon. Thought I would stop and catch up on the news since I had no time for personals this morning.

Cyndi, I am so glad you have hot water again and the project went quickly. All homeowners know that is rarely the case.

Lisa, good to hear you are back OP; we are visiting relatives mid-week but I am already resolved to do at least a week of clean P1 when we return; I'm feeling a little out of control lately.

Pearlrose, you asked about our power outage and I admit I was also perplexed about the cause since we did not have storms. This morning I read in the paper that yesterday morning, just around the corner from my road, a squirrel chewed through a wire, exploding a transformer and setting the utility pole on fire!! Luckily no one but the squirrel was hurt.

Ruth, I have yellow summer squash and just this weekend picked my first cuke, but the zucchini are very slow. I hand pollinated a couple flowers yesterday in an effort to speed things up!! (Cottage, it's totally understandable to go a little crazy with spring buying and planting. You were thinking "springtime!" "fresh veggies!" when you planted all those onions.)

Tammy, hope PT goes well and you continue to improve.

Keep cool, chicks. It's going to be AC weather here this afternoon.
Closed Thread