Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-01-2015, 03:23 PM   #1  
knb

S/C/G: 142 / 129 / 120

Height: 5'7"

Default Not able to lose my water weight?!

I work out consistently, but up until last week, rarely drank water. Last Tuesday I started drinking 2 litres of water a day (sometimes slightly more) and working out a couple days more than usual - I now work out 4-6 days a week.
I've now gone from 126lbs to 129lbs, which I figured was just water weight. However, it's been more than a week now and I still haven't lost those sudden few pounds..I don't get it, will I not lose this water weight unless I stop drinking water??
knb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:43 PM   #2  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

What are you eating?
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:52 PM   #3  
knb

S/C/G: 142 / 129 / 120

Height: 5'7"

I'll have cereal, or a croissant, or almonds for breakfast, I don't eat lunch too often, maybe just a granola bar or almonds if I didn't have some already in the morning, then just home cooked meals for dinner, never anything really unhealthy. Just a normal meal of some meat, salad, veggies. One major thing is I have drank alcohol every night for a few years now, and have only just stopped drinking alcohol from Monday-Friday last week (horrible, I know)
knb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:41 PM   #4  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

You're not eating enough for one, and probably more carbs then necessary. (I'm not anti-carb) With the extreme alcohol consumption you've probably been chronically dehydrated, and you might be detoxing from years of abuse to your body via the alcohol. Plus, at 5'7" and 129 you're at a low weight already. Your body isn't going to want to give up more without a huge fight.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:22 PM   #5  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

First of all, water weight doesn't equal true weight so don't get yourself too worked up over the number. Secondly, if you're working out in such a way that you feel sore afterwards or the next day then you're muscles are retaining the water to repair and build up (a very good thing). And lastly, it's a common misconception that drinking water will equal putting on water weight. When you are hydrated your body will flush out stored fluids but when you're dehydrated you're body will hold on to it. Drinking a lot more water is the best way to relieve water retention.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/115

Height: 5'2"

I can't quite understand what's the problem. Are you experiencing bloating? Or do you have a reason to want to be dehydrated?
pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:42 AM   #7  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

You may have been dehydrated before, and it could be that now your body is retaining the amount of water it should be.

I wouldn't worry too much. I quite frequently lose and gain the same 3+ lbs before I lose any net weight. It's freaking annoying, but nothing serious. The water weight eventually drops off.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Water does not cause water weight. You were probably just dehydrated before and now you're drinking adequate amount of water. This goes to your organs, your blood, and flushing out your system. Trust me, this is a good weight gain. At 129lbs you're on the low end of normal weight, are you sure you're trying to lose weight? I find that skinny folk are always trying to lose weight when they really just want to tone. Toning up will require muscle gain, which also means weight gain!

Come on people, fluids and muscles are necessary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiKai View Post
You're not eating enough for one, and probably more carbs then necessary. (I'm not anti-carb) With the extreme alcohol consumption you've probably been chronically dehydrated, and you might be detoxing from years of abuse to your body via the alcohol. Plus, at 5'7" and 129 you're at a low weight already. Your body isn't going to want to give up more without a huge fight.
I don't see how just a croissant, a granola bar and a few veggies constitutes as too many carbs.

Last edited by Palestrina; 07-02-2015 at 08:07 AM.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote