Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 05-20-2015, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

Default how long do you wait?

Hi All,

Looking for some advise on how long is best to be at a healthy weight before you start trying?

I was hoping to be healthy for a year before we start trying but i dont think i can wait that long.

Im 30 in July and my partner is 55 so time is of the essence.

Im worried also if i get pregnant too quickly all the weight will come back as i will have had no experience of maintaining.
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

anyone have any thoughts?
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:55 AM   #3  
New Healthy Mum

S/C/G: 229/145.5/141

Height: 5ft8

I had my daughter (who is now 8mths) when I had a BMI of 27 and I was in the middle of my weight loss. I had already gone from 16st5 down to 12st5 when she was conceived. After birth the weight was about the same.

If you eat healthy most of the time you wont gain excess weight from your pregnancy as I only put on 1.5 stone for the whole pregnancy. And I had a lot of McDonalds. We are now trying for our third (or about to) so you go for it.

I would just advise against trying if you are obese as it is too much pressure on your body and you can end up with diabetes, high blood pressure etc.

Best of luck
sammymilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/144/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechyl View Post
Hi All,

Looking for some advise on how long is best to be at a healthy weight before you start trying?

I was hoping to be healthy for a year before we start trying but i dont think i can wait that long.

Im 30 in July and my partner is 55 so time is of the essence.

Im worried also if i get pregnant too quickly all the weight will come back as i will have had no experience of maintaining.

I am 32 years old and am about 15 lbs from my goal weight. My doctor says that he would be happier if I lost about 15 lbs. So we are trying and working on healthy eating at the same time to lose the last 15 lbs. If I get pregnant my plan is to calorie count with the assistance of my doctor to prevent gaining too much weight while pregnant.
greenviolets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 08:06 AM   #5  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

I had just met my goal weight of 135 about a month before getting pregnant (a surprise!). The weight piled on, but I've always gained large amounts during pregnancy (this is baby #3. I gained 40 lbs with the first two, and that's with severe morning sickness in the first trimester). I didn't have any morning sickness with this pregnancy and gained almost 50 lbs. I can also admit that I didn't watch what I ate at all. I'm almost 2 weeks post partum and have lost 20 lbs so far without effort. I'm not nursing, so I started calorie counting again yesterday and feel confident that I'll lose the 30 lbs within a few months.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote