South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 07:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Beaching, SBD Daily for 5/9-5/10

Good morning!

We're up and getting ready to go for breakfast before we visit the nursery for veggie seedlings and more annuals to finish up the flower beds. A quick stop at home to unload the car, then we're off to Delaware (tax free shopping) to pick up a case of wine and a new weed wacker. My back is doing a lot better, but I'm not allowed to be doing any heavy lifting or bending over, so Jake will be doing all the planting while I supervise.

What's everyone doing this weekend? :
Old 05-09-2015, 07:11 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cottage and folks to follow. We are overcast but warm - t-storm weather!

I sure would love to join you and Jake for breakfast as I've still not made it to a garden centre! This cold thingie has really settled in. I'm even managing to have an above normal temperature so have not been getting much done the past few days. I don't know if my voice will revive in time for this afternoon's performance but my costume is ready to go so at least Mrs Denaut will look good even if she can't manage to describe life in Delta in late Victorian times. Maybe a miracle will happen and I'll get my voice back.

This is going to be a day that I just push through. Bed will feel great tonight.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! It is another absolutely gorgeous morning out .

And all the chicks are going to work on their gardens today! Me too, I'm going to be like Linda and be the foreman today. Glad your back is feeling better, Linda! Ruth, hope you get to feeling better and that you enjoy your tea time. Interesting thing - even my voice gets fatigued. How cruel is that to a red head to only be able to talk so much!?

Today is cleaning and gardening. I need to take it easy - so I'll do a lot of directing . Not a bad job, eh? I am waiting on insurance approval for my repeat MRI, I'm hoping I'll get that done next week. I suppose I should plan the meals out for next week too. What is everyone having for mother's day tomorrow?

Have a beautiful day!
Old 05-09-2015, 07:57 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

good morning! We've been having lots of rain and the T Mobile service is down so I don't have a phone. I'm posting Fromr my husbands phone to say hello hope the service comes back and have a great day everyone
Old 05-09-2015, 08:04 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. We have warm and threatening right now; a brief shower moved through already and we may get more. I don't mind if it rains because we really need it. If it holds off I will be out puttering in the gardens.

Tammy and Linda, being the foreman has its perks!!
Ruth, have a nice tea even if you can't talk.
Debbie, I hate it when the phone or internet is down. I rely on it too much.

I'm off to find breakfast and make a grocery list. If we get rain I can always get the cleaning and shopping out of the way.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Beth19; 05-09-2015 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Yesterday after work we drove out to my MIL for "Mother's Day." We are supposed to be doing something for my mom with my brother's family tomorrow evening but he hasn't gotten back to me. He offered for us to come to his place without asking his wife and I encouraged him to check with her first.

I have errands to run today and I work the closing shift tonight. Tomorrow we have a christening for a great niece.

Right now I am on skype messaging with DS1. I accidentally discovered that his flights home from DS2's graduation next week appear to have been cancelled. No idea if he's been rebooked or what is going on. Have told him he needs to call and that he might need to be politely assertive! Also, one of his two legs out was changed. Why don't they notify travelers!!??

I am beginning to feel rather a lot of stress about this graduation trip. And now the weather forecast is actually 50% chance of rain the day of graduation. It's not supposed to rain in southern California!
Old 05-09-2015, 08:47 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

This morning is DS GF graduation so we are all up and getting ready to go to that, looks like the rain may hold off a bit just very cloudy and gloomy right now. My niece in Atlanta just went into labor as well so waiting to hear when my Great Niece is born. Hoping to be able to stop by in July to see the baby.

Cottage and Tywnn have fun being the foreman

Ruth I sure hope you feel better

Debbie hope they get your service back up soon, I know I hate being without a phone

Beth enjoy your day

Karen hopefully the airline already rescheduled your DS flights but sometimes you need to work with them to get you a better schedule than what they put you on.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 05-09-2015, 12:17 PM   #8  

Hi guys!

Wow, sounds like busy times for everyone! I tried a dog walk on the new crutches (sprained my ankle last weekend!) which was..... Interesting! So I'm back on the sofa being fed tea and told not to move. Tomorrow is a family day out to Skegness, so I'm going to take a walking stick snd see how I get on.

Karen - I hope your son gets his flights sorted! We had all manner of issues with Air France last Christmas both going to and coming back from Florida. Still waiting for the compensation!
Old 05-09-2015, 12:30 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

flying by today. We were out early for a building material tag sale and a plant sale. Both disappointing but I did find a few plants other places. Now to get my new herb bed (for annuals) going and work on the perennial bed expansion. It all involves lots of trips to the lower end of the property to hunt for usable rocks, then dragging them back in a wheelbarrow. Should be good exerrcise!
Old 05-10-2015, 07:18 AM   #10  

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! To all of us Mothers!

Right now it's looking like it could storm, but the weatherperson is promising us this will burn off and turn into a sunny day. I hope so, since Jake has a lot of planting to do today with me as his supervisor. Later, Monica and Carley are coming out to visit, and they're taking me to dinner at a new restaurant where a friend of Monica's will be playing the piano. It should be a pleasant afternoon.

Ruth, how did the Victorian Tea go yesterday? I hope you're feeling better!
Old 05-10-2015, 07:29 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Happy Mother's Day to all!

I hope you all have a great day! I'm headed off to work soon. Just sitting out side admiring the snow we got last night. Oh well.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:44 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Good morning, Linda and chicks to come. A very happy Mother's Day to us all.

Not sure what today will bring as the weather is a bit "Iffy" although tomorrow is definitely rain for the day. Based on a recent survey of the paws in the back room, it rained overnight! This might be the day when I actually make the switch to seasonal clothes, keeping some warm stuff around for the inevitable cold weather.

I have glorious pink roses on my desk this morning from my DD out west. She always remembers special days while my son Jim leaves it up to his wife. There's a family dinner at Jim's house but I opted out since I have three dogs right now and all my friends are too busy with their own MD stuff to come over and let them out. Aside from that. it's a 2 hour drive each way.

Poor Milo really misses his folks. Even after a week here he keeps waiting at the side door for Liz or Moel to come. He enjoys my petting and cuddling but still misses his folks. He's been a very good house guest - aside from contributing his share to the muddy paw problem. Checked Jazz's collar this morning and found an almost round mud-ball dried onto his tags. Hmmm. This means he has an excavation project out there.

Time to get it in gear. First I'll wash the 2 little linen tea napkins from yesterday's tea party. If the threatened rain happens, I can enjoy ironing them this afternoon. (I hate to admit it but I love ironing - especially embroidered stuff. Call me a nutcase!)

Enjoy YOUR day!
Old 05-10-2015, 08:52 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Mother's day to everyone whether your a mom to babies or furbabies!

Cottage hope you have a nice day today

Debbie you got more snow oh my hope not a lot and hope work goes by quickly for you

Ruth enjoy your day

Graduation went without a hitch they speed up the process by cutting speeches short and we got it all in right before the rain drops started falling. My great niece was born last night at 10:30 p.m. they ended up doing a c section.

We will go out to lunch to someplace of my choice (will make sure food choices are good) and that is about it is supposed to rain today. DH wanted to go to 6 Flags since they had a sale and we purchased season passes but I said not this weekend.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:27 AM   #14  

Debbie, I hope you're not too extra busy at work on this holiday, and enjoy your spring snow!

Ruth, you know you're being thought of with lots of love to have flowers sent to you! I've always enjoyed ironing. There's something very soothing about it. But then, I've always enjoyed washing dishes by hand, too, so I guess I'm certifiable, LOL!

Pearlrose, I'm so glad the graduation went off without a hitch, and congratulations on your new little niece! Have a great Mother's Day!

DS gave me a lovely card and made cinnamon rolls for breakfast, so I would have been rude to resist one. Right? Especially after he went to all that trouble. Now I need to arrange just where I want Jake to plant the flowers in the bed, and I can see him out there now, so I'd better scoot!
Old 05-10-2015, 10:51 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

It was 62 little napkins, not 2. I had only had one coffee at that point. Duh!
Closed Thread