South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 06:55 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Beach Babe Chat - April 25 & 26

Kinda of frosty on the Beach this morning at 29ºF but it's not snowing as it was yesterday and we are going to get to 53ºF with sunshine.

We had a great interview yesterday and hired Renée on the spot! We now have three more positions to fill and three more applicants. One of them is Matt from last year and the other two look good in their resumés. We "do" them on Tuesday. The grants won't cover the salaries for the whole season so we will need to scrounge more funding from somewhere. Six weeks won't cut it and we are open mid-May to Labour Day in September.

Crazy Joey arrived early afternoon yesterday and sure is having fun romping around the yard in the mud and water. Millie is joining him as well. The backroom is a mudroom now and that includes the walls since Joey shakes the minute he gets inside. I have given up cleaning every time it happens and am doing it only three times a day.

When it warms up a bit, I am planning to do some outside clean-up and maybe rake the sidewalk bed where lots of hostas are starting to pop up.

What are your weekend plans? I have Book Club tonight but it's just up the Hill at Liz's place - a short stroll and withing hearing distance for dog barking.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth glad to hear the interview went great! Joey must be quite a character and your mud room is living up to its name.

Late night now early morning. Have to be at work at 10 for the next game. was soooooo cold last night. Today we are expected to hit 60. Let's hope so!

Time to drive DS to work since he is late....shocker lol
Old 04-25-2015, 08:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth, sounds like a good crew so far. I hope the rest of the interviews go well for you. Sounds like Joey thinks your place is a resort!

Jennifer - Thinking of you with your possible promotion!

Busy day here - we signed up for a community service project (where you pick one of hundreds of projects around the town), we are working on our neighbors yard, down a few houses. Well, *I'm* not, I get to direct! I'm hoping DH wants to wait til it warms up a bit, it's only about 35 out, it's supposed to be 55 later.

And tonight is the Garth Brooks concert!! WOO HOO!! Or, would that be - YEEE HAAWWW!!
Old 04-25-2015, 10:14 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The play was really good last night they did a great job. They did not allow any pictures or video taping. Today I need to go grocery shopping and finish cleaning, I could vacuum every day and I would fill it up with cat and dog hair jeesh.

Ruth oh my even the walls are getting muddy that could get frustrating real quick. Glad you are getting qualified candidates

Jekel hope it does get warmer for you today

Tywnn I have heard that his concert is the best have fun

Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 04-25-2015, 10:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

We finally bit the bullet - DH got me a new computer tower at Costco yesterday. So today may be the big day trying to get it up and running. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly and I don't lose anything I don't want to lose in the process.

I also plan to finish the book I started yesterday which I'm quite enjoying. No work shifts for me this weekend.

Have a great weekend.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:17 PM   #6  

Tammy please tell us how the concert was. Garth Brooks still got it IMHO

Pearlrose glad you enjoyed the concert. Maybe the school will have a DVD available.

Karen good luck with the computer.

Well apparently I have fuzz on the Brian. I showed up 3 hours before my scheduled shift. Dumb dumb here thought the game was at 1. Really bad considering I do the operation orders for the detail. At least the chief was kind and let me start early to cover a vacancy It was a great day for a game. Even ran into a guy I grew up with. I recognized his wife from Facebook. Scanned the crowd and found him. Yes I made him very nervous when I asked if he was Justin. Small world
Old 04-26-2015, 06:40 AM   #7  

Good morning chicks not much has happened since my last post lol. Up early to take care of a few things before going to the fundraiser. Have a great day
Old 04-26-2015, 07:18 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jennifer, I guess nobody had any excitement to report since yesterday morning when we were here. The news from here is that the sun came up and the temperature is not below freezing. Sad, isn't it?

Going to a birthday dinner tonight but have to get a financial report done for tomorrow morning's Board Meeting which is HERE at 8:30. Joey doesn't leave until this evening and I am definitely going to need to wash floors once he's gone. Remind me never to dog-sit in muddy weather.

That's about "it" from Delta.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Jennifer - Fuzz on the Brian? LOL! Enjoy your day!

Ruth - it's cold here too (although at 40 degrees), but it's an absolutely beautiful morning! Hope Joey enjoys his last day at the puppy playground.

Jennifer - garth still has it! He opened with a new song (which I don't know), but played all his old good stuff. I really enjoyed it .

Today is recuperation so I can work tomorrow! I have to pick up a picture of my brother, and I realized I need shoes for the memorial - I can't wear anything but flats - and I almost forgot. I'm going to admit I'm wearing the same dress to my bro's memorial that I wore to my father's.

I guess I should plan a menu too, I've been bad about that...
Old 04-26-2015, 08:15 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I didn't get here yesterday. I was working around the house and in the yard and decided it was the day to start a new flower bed in an area of old yucky lawn. I enlisted my sisters help and we made incredible progress. When we were done we decided to go to dinner and then it was bedtime.

I'm on my countdown to work. My smoothie is made and I'm ready for one more cup of coffee. It's raining here today but I'll go sit out on the porch anyway.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 04-26-2015, 09:57 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

DD2 ended up spending the night at a friends after the play so I need to go pick her up soon. It's a bit chilly but the sun is out. I did accomplish some of my cleaning even cleaned the oven need to do some more laundry today. I also got on the scale and need to end birthday celebrations today is back on track eating for me.

Jekel glad you were able to start since you were so early.

Tywnn glad you enjoyed the concert

Karen good luck with transporting your info

Ruth have fun this evening

Debbie hope work goes quickly

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone
Old 04-26-2015, 08:17 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

back from our vacationette at the beach. It was windy but mostly sunny and we were at the beach Ended with a visit with DD and DGS. It was just what the doctor ordered.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mini.jpg (91.0 KB, 14 views)
Closed Thread