South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 07:12 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hippity Hoppity Easter Weekend

Peter Cottontail is hopping down the bunny trail! but he's leaving tracks in the SNOW! Yes, Mother Nature thought we were too complacent. (I should not have washed and dried the winter coats yesterday!) It's just a skiff but still ... The good news is that the lake in my yard froze which means I don't have eight wet paws to deal with.

It was party time last night as Karen invited me to her Easter dinner. (Who has Easter Dinner on Good Friday?) Anyhow it was the only chance for me to see her son Ben who is sort of my grandson since I co-signed his student loan.. He calls me Financial Grandma or FinGram - too funny. Of course we had the traditional ham which was quite good - not really salty - but I have another two ham dinners ahead of me - Heather/Claire tonight and then the real family dinner at Lisa's tomorrow - dogs are invited and Millie will be delighted to see Cousin Angus. .

Spent an hour or so yesterday doing my taxes but am not ready to file. I can't figure out why my tax owing is LESS than last year. I suspect I am missing an investment slip. I may just go ahead and file to get it off my desk and let Canada Revenue figure it out and bill me for the shortage. It's not due until April 30th so I do have time.

I need to figure out some sort of maple dessert to take to Quilting on Monday - it's my turn to bring "The Sweet"! None of us need a "sweet" but I remember the time Judy brought just fruit and yogurt dip and there were mutters of disappointment. I think I'll do my rum cake but glaze it with maple syrup. That should satisfy the sweet teeth! I have some 2014 syrup to use up before the lads bring me my share of this year's harvest.

Time to have the second coffee and get cracking at my day. I feel like going out with the hair dryer to melt the darned snow.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:21 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Ruth, I felt the same way this morning when I woke up and looked outside!! Yesterday we were cheering the melt (and I started a bit of yard cleanup) but this morning it is white again. At least it will only last a day or two. I was wondering how the sap collection has been going; such an uncooperative season.

So now I will be doing inside niggles today. Might curl up with a book for a bit too.

But first, more coffee and some sort of breakfast.

Last edited by Beth19; 04-04-2015 at 07:21 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth and Beth I'll send some wind your way to blow the snow away. We had light rain yesterday, but today the wind is howling. Love to hear my wind chimes going crazy. Ruth sounds like you are having a ham festival this weekend! The rum cake with maple syrup sounds yummy.

My new used bike came yesterday. Much to my surprise I had to assemble some of it. I actually felt proud of my accomplishment. More importantly I finally fixed my three front steps. DS made me new steps when he was in HS, but when i mounted them they were not level. Ladies I must confess I wish I had the hand strength of a man some days. That was not easy. I broke a sweat doing it.....lol does that count for exercise???

Hopefully DS will get up and go to work soon so I can start my day. I need to be in the shower by noon to meet my sisters later. I still need to prep my salads and meals for the week, plus iron my uniforms and maybe if I am feeling adventurous I may vacuum. I really am learning to not like vacuuming. Maybe I'll splurge on a robot vacuum. Has anyone tried them?

Have a wonderful day
Old 04-04-2015, 07:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! Any wee bunnies here will be leaving muddy footprints from yesterday's rain, and we have Jennifer's howling winds, as well. But the sun is already shining in a clear, blue, sky, promising a sunny day.

Ruth, I'm serving ham tomorrow, too, and you know you're always welcome here. I think Easter is the only time we have ham the entire year. Of course, I don't eat it. But there'll be plenty of yummy sides and cannoli for dessert! And I'm really looking forward to a lovely glass of wine after 6 long weeks.

Jennifer, I was gifted one of those Roomba's when they first came out, and didn't care much for it. But they may have improved over time. I just bought a Shark Robot and LOVE IT. It's very lightweight and does an incredible job. I had gotten one for the farm when we needed a new vacuum, and I liked it so much that I got myself one, too. Yes, I need to do a dusting and vacuuming today, too, and scrub the bathroom. I'm going to put the grandkids to work since they've been the ones here all week, making the messes.

Beth and Ruth, sorry about the snow. BTW, I just found a bottle of maple syrup in my purse that Audrey had brought me back from her trip to Quebec. I had forgotten all about it!

Have a great day, all, and look for the Pink Moon tonight!
Old 04-04-2015, 10:53 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

My morning got way too involved and now I've gotta get down to Denver to deliver Easter baskets to the grandkids.....then Sis wants to do something. Hope I can get back later.

Enjoy your day everyone!
Old 04-04-2015, 01:18 PM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I went out birding as soon as Tim left for work. Now I'm catching up with the usual morning tasks. No plans here this weekend. It's a work weekend for Tim so chores and some birding for me
No new snow here but lots left to melt.

Now back to the chore list
Old 04-05-2015, 05:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

HAPPY EASTER!!!
Old 04-05-2015, 07:29 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning and happy Easter to those who celebrate!

I don't usually set an alarm LOL but I went to bed late last night so I was surprised to be awakened by the alarm this morning. Since I don't have a lot of time, I'm going to work backwards this morning. I'm already dressed for work, The pups have been out and fed, and I'm going to get my smoothie ready soon. It's still hard to remember that I really need to be organized in the morning when I'm dropping the pups off at day care.

Since I'm by myself and have to work today there are no big Easter plans here. My sister is taking my mom down to brunch at the favorite French restaurant in Denver. That will be a nice outing for them.

I had a nice day yesterday. I got the Easter baskets down to the kids and sat and visited as long as I could. Came back up because I was going to meet my sister to do something then she kind of changed her plans so I ended up taking a nap. I met her down in Denver at 5:30 for dinner at a Thai restaurant then we did a little shopping at the mall.

I really needed a new bra and so I got remeasured. I'm happy to say that in the two years since I bought the last set of bras I have gone down 3 cup sizes without a whole lot of change in weight. For me, that's the beauty of South Beach. I believe that by continuing to try to eat healthy every day that my body just keeps changing after the years of abuse. Since I had been appalled by my previous cup size I was very happy to see the change. LOL

Okay, I better get moving here. Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 04-05-2015, 07:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm just laughing lexiss, I'd be a negative cup if I went down 3 cup sizes
Old 04-05-2015, 07:43 AM   #10  

And we had a glorious sunrise on this special day of rebirth and renewal! We never did see the Pink Moon last night, though. It stayed a bright light yellow here.

It's going to be a busy day so I'd better get going! Have a wonderful day!
Old 04-05-2015, 08:00 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Easter! I just realized this is the first Easter that I have NOT had a Cadbury Cream Egg. It's a miracle!

Had a great evening at Heather's last night. She served both ham and turkey and everyone helped themselves so I was able to avoid the ham. Whew! Claire and Heather shared the cooking and everything was perfectly organized all evening. Nothing like having two control freaks in charge once they overcome the competition!

Not sure what today will bring, besides Church shortly, but I do intend to do some desk organizing so I can face the week better. (It's a busy one with something on the calendar every day.) Quilting happens tomorrow morning and I'm very glad I made the cake yesterday.

I'm really looking forward to dinner at Cousin Lisa's tonight. Paul has made a temporary dogyard so the dogs can romp with their cousin Angus whom I've not seen since he stayed here in February. It should be a great evening for the four-legged and two-legged creatures.

We have two days of rain ahead which should melt more of the snow. My yard is a lake - I keep expecting to see ducks swimming out there. It is flowing away though so that's positive. "Keep moving, water, and stay out of my basement!"

Enjoy this day, whatever it brings.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:19 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
I'm just laughing lexiss, I'd be a negative cup if I went down 3 cup sizes
Laugh on, Tammy! I can giggle with you. Seriously, I used to be a nice "size" before I gained weight. Unfortunately the extra 100# added quite a bit of fat (disquised as cleavage). When I finally had the courage to get measured I was so embarrassed. I'm super grateful right now to only be 42D

Last edited by Lexxiss; 04-05-2015 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:21 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Happy Easter! I just realized this is the first Easter that I have NOT had a Cadbury Cream Egg. It's a miracle!
Yay for Easter miracles!
Old 04-05-2015, 10:00 AM   #14  

Ruth, thankfully, I don't care at all for those Cadbury Creme Eggs, nor do I like jelly beans. My downfall is baked goodies, and I did relish my caramel pecan cinnamon bun for breakfast this morning, and even licked my fingers. Now I'll be good again.

Debbie and Tammy, I think all my excess weight is in my ta-tas, and that area is always the last place where I lose inches.

Jake just came home with 3 gorgeous rhododendron for the garden and said that's my Easter present. I hope he realizes that he's the one who's going to be planting them, LOL!
Old 04-05-2015, 10:33 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning all, and Happy Easter.

Cottage, I don't like jelly beans either but if those Cadbury eggs were around....for my treat, I enjoyed a Cinnamon Toast pancake with DH this morning and I think I will take out 1 piece of something from the freezer. Otherwise, I must get my eating under control during April. What a nice treat to get new bushes from your DH.

Ruth, we lost a good portion of yesterday's snow and maybe will lose more today. Glad you were able to choose turkey last night. It's always a relief to go to someone else's house for dinner and find OP options.

Tammy, I think we've had this discussion before, but I would also be negative if I lost 3 cups sizes....

Debbie, hope your work day is just the right amount of busyness and goes smoothly.

Have a great day, all.
Closed Thread