South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 05:28 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Hump Day SBD Chat, March 18

Good Morning

I'm heading out soon so I thought I'd get us started this morning. Coffee is almost ready and I'll tip several cups before I head out the door.

Got a text yesterday at work that the grandbaby (7-1/2 mo old) was at ER with dad. Eventual diagnosis bronchiolitis. It looks like he will stay in the hospital for 2 or 3 days. Dad spent the night there but needed a ride this morning. He just has to go to work because rent is coming up and they have been off for many days the past week. They work pretty long days. I think I'll come back home for awhile then head back down and sit in the room with him. My pup, Bing, has a 4pm appointment with his cardiologist less than a mile from the hospital. Thankfully, it's that inbetween weather where he can stay in the car for awhile.

Tomorrow....don't know. I'm going to deal with "Just Today".

What's happening with everyone! I read posts last night when I got home from the hospital.

Have a great day!
Old 03-18-2015, 06:21 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

What a difference 30 degrees in a day make, we are back in the 30s for early morning but it still better than snow and 0 degrees I will take it. DH and I are going to a Selma showing at a local University this evening. One of the actors is supposed to be there.

Debbie poor baby I hope they get better soon. Glad you are there for the family to help out when you can.

Alright need to go get some exercise in and then get ready to go in to work today.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-18-2015, 06:26 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry to hear about the wee one, Debbie, but glad you will be able to work in a visit. The coffee was needed this morning and was still hot when I plucked it off the kitchen table.

Well, I'm down to two dogs again since Joey went home late yesterday afternoon. He sure was glad to see Joanne. I'll miss him and so will my two, especially Millie. Jazz just thought the two of them were silly juveniles.

I have a 9:30 meeting of the volunteer committee this morning and need to get some accounting info "massaged" and sent off to the bookeeper. Madeleine has finished balancing all of 2014 and we'll be ready to file our taxes when she gets the last few bits of info. Sure feels good to know exactly where we're at!

Yesterday I noticed green poking up through the ice on the bed beside the walk. The snowdrops are up. We'll see when they bloom. Cooler weather is predicted for the end of the week but I do believe we are over the hump. I may even get my snow tires removed later this week.

Happy Hump Day, chickies!
Old 03-18-2015, 06:30 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Hi, Pearlrose. You popped in while I was blethering. Good for you working in some exercise before work. I am seriously considering a gentle return to the gym now that I have new shoes that don't kill my feet. I may wait until I get the orthotics though.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:02 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey ladies, just stopping by to say good morning while I wait for the car to warm up. I am trying to focus on the fact that 16* is still 45* warmer than a couple weeks ago.

Ruth, I'm jealous of your green. I will have to plant some snow drops myself.

Debbie, sorry to hear about the baby and I pray he gets well quickly and without any other complications.

Pearl, good for you on morning exercise! DH claims the basement workout area in the AM, I get it in the afternoon when I get home. I always considered myself a morning person but not when it comes to working out.

Ok, I have to run. Thanks for the coffee!
Old 03-18-2015, 07:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hot coffee is needed on this cold morning! Especially after searching the northern sky, hoping to see the Northern Lights. Unfortunately, we couldn't see anything but a lot of stars.

Debbie, I hope your grandson is feeling better and gets to go home soon, poor wee babe.

Pearlrose, it was nearly 70* yesterday, and today we're back in the 70s! Brrrr!

Ruth, I'm so glad Madeleine is helping you sort through the accounting and hope your meeting goes well today.

I took advantage of the gorgeous weather yesterday to get the flower beds weeded and cleaned up so they're all ready to be mulched. It sure was encouraging to rake back leaves and discover all the tulip and daffodil shoots coming up and the buds swelling on the shrubs and bushes. It's supposed to snow on Friday, but I don't think it will affect the plants.

Today I'll have to find some indoor tasks to keep me busy until it's time to get the girls and drop them off at the riding stables, and I get to come home early.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Beth, and a belated Happy Anniversary! I hope you and your DH had a nice dinner.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:15 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Linda, I envy your being able to clear flower beds. Our ground is frozen solid and will be for a while. My friend who has a grave-digging business says the earth is frozen solid for four feet down. That may be as deep as she digs. We still have two feet of snow - great insulation!
Old 03-18-2015, 08:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - Hope the little guy recovers fast.

Rainy and cool here today so no second bike ride. Am glad to have a day off work! Must get to the grocery store. Have lots of niggles for the next two weeks before we take our road trip. DH and I will probably look at computers for me today. I dread the thought of having to load everything on to a new one and reformat. It is all rather over my head.

Have a great day.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Another St Paddy's day in the books. Only 7 more to go before I am eligible to retire lol. Thankfully colleges are on spring break. Made it easier on us for the drunk and disorderly calls. I did enjoy yummy Irish soda bread and a plate of corned beef, cabbage and potatoes found their way to my fridge. DS will eat it as I despise corned beef. Some Irish girl I am (ok half Irish)

Linda you can see the dirt in your beds??? I'm happy to see the dead hydrangeas poking through the snow

Ruth glad you are free from Mill finances

Debbie hope the baby gets better soon. Don't overdue it making trips to the hospital

Cyndi hope hubby is better soon

Beth I flip flop between morning and evening workouts

Karen clipless pedals are a little intimidating. So much more power though on his. Good luck your confidence will come back

Tammy I hope your meetings went well. A enjoy your time with blankie ��

The new Keurig arrived yesterday. So much quiter than my old one. Going to enjoy a second cup. Nice treat getting flavored k cups in with it.

I have 4 busy days off. Today is a wake for a former colleague. So sad died in his sleep at 43. Leaves his wife and 4 beautiful children. Sweetheart of a guy always smiling. Meredith and I are going together as neither of us like going to wakes alone. Tomorrow is the funeral, dress uniforms (he is a retired police officer) Then a trip up to Joe's. Friday I am going to a domestic violence seminar. Saturday will be a much needed bath and sheering for Coconut. He looks like a mini sheep dog lol. Otherwise just the usual catch up on chores.

Time for more coffee then time on the bike, still indoors, roads here are too dangerous yet. Have a wonderful day.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all! It's been a crazy week so far but thankfully it's almost 1/2 over and I have a 3 day weekend coming up. Our weather has been awesome but unfortunately I haven't been able to get out in it the last few days. Hopefully this weekend we can get out and do some hiking. I like this time of year because there aren't any bugs and the snakes are still sleeping.

Debbie - I'm so sorry it seems like life is still crazy for you! Praying that things calm down soon and that your grand baby gets well quickly!!

Pearlrose - I hope your workout was invigorating and work goes smoothly today!

Ruth - Yay for being over the hump!!

Linda - how fun to be able to get out clear away for spring! I think we might do some of that this weekend too.

Karen - good luck with the new computer - I feel your pain!!

Jennifer - I'm glad SPD wasn't as hectic as usual and that you only have 7 more to go!! Thinking of you and your former colleague's family - what a sad situation.

I hope everyone has a good day - the first day of spring is Friday!!!
Closed Thread