Old 01-21-2015, 03:43 PM   #1  

Default Newbie-Starting IP tomorrow

Hi All!

Starting Ideal Protein tomorrow and hoping to find some great info on this site. A little about me--32 years old, 5'4", 210 pounds (already lost about 15 pounds on my own). Hoping that IP will jump start things and get me to my ultimate goal weight (around 145). What do you think is a reasonable amount of weight for me to lose in 10 weeks if I stay on plan 100%? Thanks everyone!
TexasCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:32 PM   #2  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCourt View Post
Hi All!

Starting Ideal Protein tomorrow and hoping to find some great info on this site. A little about me--32 years old, 5'4", 210 pounds (already lost about 15 pounds on my own). Hoping that IP will jump start things and get me to my ultimate goal weight (around 145). What do you think is a reasonable amount of weight for me to lose in 10 weeks if I stay on plan 100%? Thanks everyone!
Impossible to know, as every body is different. Your body will shed weight based on your personal biology. Generally, the more weight you have to start, the higher the numbers at the beginning. As you get closer to your goal it is much slower, because the caloric differential (difference between what your body needs and what you are eating) is smaller. If you stay 100% OP you will probably lose 2-3 lbs a week after an initial larger drop the first week as your body is shedding glycogen stores.

Have a cruise around the forums, there is a LOT of information on the processes that go on during ketosis. It will help you to hold back your impatience with not being able to lose big numbers every week. Once you get that under control, IP will feel very comfortable.

Good luck on your journey and welcome to IP and 3FC. Hop into the daily chat for more encouragement!
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:04 PM   #3  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCourt View Post
Hi All!

I can tell you that after checking out a lot of the results that others who were my size achieved on IP, I concluded that over several months a good estimate of loss is 10lbs per month. At first the losses are faster, but it slows as you get closer to goal.

You will find a few folks with faster losses -- 80 lbs in 5 months, for example, but the typical loss per my informal but pretty thorough research here on 3FC is about 10 lbs per month.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:08 PM   #4  
Restarted IP 1/1/17

S/C/G: 280/265/180

Height: 6' 1.5"

Good Luck on your new start! I'm a recent starter, and so far it's been the very best thing I've ever done for myself.
Viking_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:00 PM   #5  

Hi everyone. Started this Tuesday. Drinking all this water is my problem right now. Very encouraged by this site. Looking forward to reading all the posts a n d checking out the recipes. Keep on keeping on!
gerimarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:59 PM   #6  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking_Jim View Post
Good Luck on your new start! I'm a recent starter, and so far it's been the very best thing I've ever done for myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerimarc View Post
Hi everyone. Started this Tuesday. Drinking all this water is my problem right now. Very encouraged by this site. Looking forward to reading all the posts a n d checking out the recipes. Keep on keeping on!
Welcome Viking_Jim and gerimarc. Nice to have new faces on the forums, and I wish you both a successful IP journey.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:43 PM   #7  
Restarted IP 1/1/17

S/C/G: 280/265/180

Height: 6' 1.5"

Thanks Briael!
Viking_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:19 PM   #8  

Thank you for all of your quick replies! Did anyone try to exercise while on this diet at all? I am kind of going crazy not being able to do the treadmill or elliptical!
TexasCourt is offline   Reply With Quote