Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-17-2015, 01:43 PM   #1  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Default my first mini goal

Having just recently set my mind to finally get real about my weight and to do something about it, my first mini goal will be to lose 10lb by Valentine's Day. Not much but it's a start. We have to start somewhere, right?
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/253/149

Height: 170cm/ 5 ft 7in

Thats an awesome goal Frawnie! Yeah we all have to start somewhere for sure, and I think its way better to start off with small and achievable targets! 10lbs by Valentines Day will be a great achievement! Good luck Frawnie keep us all updated how it goes!
Golda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:52 PM   #3  
determined

I've been thinking about rewards when goals are met but right now, just reaching the goal will be reward enough!

I can do this: one meal at a time, one day at a time, beating one craving at a time.

Today's NSV was going to the fridge and looking for something to eat and not finding anything worth the calories. I really wasn't hungry anyway. It was more out of habit to eat something at this time of night.

Again: I can do this!!! I just need to keep telling myself that!

Last edited by frawniemae; 01-17-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/253/149

Height: 170cm/ 5 ft 7in

Thats what I keep telling myself One meal at a time, one day at a time ! I had to restart this weight loss journey after the holidays coz I actually gained weight, but this time determined to stick it through and see it til the end, no matter how long it takes!
I come on the forums and go through the goal pages, especially the ones with pics coz they are really motivational. I also have a look at youtube videos of people showing before and afters of their weight loss journeys. If they can do it we can too!
Golda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/165/130

Height: 5' 5''

I love the attitude! Stay focused and committed and the results will follow! Good luck.
TinyTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:54 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
I've been thinking about rewards when goals are met but right now, just reaching the goal will be reward enough!

I can do this: one meal at a time, one day at a time, beating one craving at a time.

Today's NSV was going to the fridge and looking for something to eat and not finding anything worth the calories. I really wasn't hungry anyway. It was more out of habit to eat something at this time of night.

Again: I can do this!!! I just need to keep telling myself that!
10lbs by Valentine's Day is an excellent goal! Very achievable too!

Your post above where you wrote "not finding anything worth the calories" really spoke to me. I count calories and treat them like money (goofy I know). I won't "spend" my calories on something not worth it as I feel like I'm wasting money! So my 1200 calories a day is like $1200 and I'm not wasting $200 on a mini bag of Doritos.

Who says we dieters can't be a little insane sometimes?
TheLastStraw323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:26 PM   #7  
determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastStraw323 View Post
10lbs by Valentine's Day is an excellent goal! Very achievable too!

Your post above where you wrote "not finding anything worth the calories" really spoke to me. I count calories and treat them like money (goofy I know). I won't "spend" my calories on something not worth it as I feel like I'm wasting money! So my 1200 calories a day is like $1200 and I'm not wasting $200 on a mini bag of Doritos.

Who says we dieters can't be a little insane sometimes?
Love your nic - "Last Straw" - I feel that's where I am, too. And I am going to remember your money analogy. I've counted calories all my adult life (even when I was putting way too many in!! ) I never realized the number of carbs that was being shoveled in there, too. Now I'll be counting them to and learning how not to spend so many!!
Old 01-20-2015, 02:58 PM   #8  

I made this name after going through a really bad time a few months ago. I have an old account that was the "old me", I've been here for a few years.

I regained 60lbs of the 150 I lost. I decided I'm getting rid of this excess weight once and for all. I've lost almost 20 of the 60 so far and I'm determined to get the rest off. If I don't, I'm afraid I'll go back up to my original weight (pushing 350).

I think you'll like thinking of your calories as money. It makes it fun and really puts a value to it.

I look forward to reading more of your posts. This is a great place for support, motivation and when we need them, hugs.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:37 PM   #9  
determined

I can't officially have a signature yet so I thought I'd try to post my sticker this way. I hope I can remember to change it! and this is what my new scales at home say!! So I've met my NSV goal already!!

Last edited by frawniemae; 02-19-2015 at 09:29 AM. Reason: I have lost 27 pounds now but I wanted to leave this as is so I can remember how far i've come in a short while.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:00 PM   #10  

Awesome, congrats!! Imagine what you can do between now and Valentine's Day! 17 more days!

I'm so happy for you! Nice ticker too!
Old 01-27-2015, 03:11 PM   #11  
One Day at a Time!

My mini goal for this week is to workout 3-4 times! If I complete my mini goals for the whole month then I reward myself with some shopping a buy myself a new outfit!
ryanbrowning115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:02 PM   #12  

Congratulations on your 10 pound goal and closing that refrigerator door because it wasn't worth the calories!!! Keep up the great job. It is a daily battle that we all face each day. Give yourself a big Pat on the Back!
CruiseChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:06 PM   #13  
determined

Just got back from my WI and I am 9 lbs down from last week's WI. Woohoo, me!!!! I guess I better think of another mini goal!
Old 01-30-2015, 01:45 PM   #14  

Talking

Congratulations to you on your 9 pound weight loss! That is AWESOME!!!! Yes, it is time to set your next mini-goal. What do you think?

I, too, lost 9 pounds this past week. My first week on MediFast. It's working! People are starting to "notice" the difference. I am a "Happy Camper"! I'm thinking maybe 15 pounds should be my first "mini".

Congratulations again! Great job!
CruiseChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:32 AM   #15  
determined

The first mini goal was more than "met" by Valentine's Day! I guess I didn't really believe that I could do this IP thing. Now I know I really can!
My new mini goal is to show a 35 pound loss by April 10, the day we leave for a 2 wk roadtrip through SW UT and the surrounding area.