South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 06:51 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Yippee! The Weekend! Jan. 17th - 18th

Good morning! It's actually a long weekend for those of you south of my border since MLK is Monday. I may have to move south to the USA, a 52 minute drive.

Yesterday was a shopping disaster - I came home with a bird feeder and a mop rather than new comfy shoes and a useable cell phone. My cell phone contract is not up until December 2015 and there just were no shoes that didn't hurt my poor feet. The good news is the Chinese Buffet was closed for "renovations" which probably means they tanked. I may try again next week - for shoes, not the Buffet.

Today I plan to get some boxes and do an hour or so of packing. I will just do it rather than try to downsize. I have way too much "Cornflower" a crystal pattern from the 50's/60's - liqueur glasses, sherry glasses, water goblets and two kinds of wine glasses! I may just pack away, label and then decide to sell AFTER the floors are done. EBay or kijiji may be the solution.

Hey! It's a balmy -15ºF this morning and is to go to 14ºF today with 37ºF predicted for Sunday. Why am I going to Cuba in three weeks?

Enjoy the weekend, chickies, and work in something fun!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thoughts of Cuba sound inviting on this frozen morning, Ruth! Someday I may actually be able to travel there. Good luck and I hope you make lots of progress on packing up your diningroom.

I have my Red Hatter's meeting and luncheon today, and we're going to be making gift bags, which sounds like a lot of fun. Afterwards, I have to run out to the farm to check on the dogs and give them some TLC, then I promised the grandkids we'd try out a new "healthy" recipe for chocolate chip oatmeal cookies tonight. If they're any good, I'll post the recipe.

This frigid morning calls for another cup of coffee!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth and chilly chicks still sleeps.

Ruth a new bird feeder is fun, the mop not so much. If it makes you feel better, I don't have feet issues, but still can't find comfy shoes. A warm getaway sounds perfect.

Nothing new or exciting to report. Errands and an early dinner with my sisters later. The movie was good, a little long and slow, but good. Thanks to hormones I had my usual three days of horrific eating. So hopefully now I can stay on track until the end of the month.

Coffee is ready so grab a mug!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:52 AM   #4  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. My sympathies in finding comfortable shoes. I always have trouble and keep coming back to new balance. Last pair I bought was what they call a walking shoe and is totally black which makes it a little dressier. I wonder if dh would think going to a yarn store as a fun thing to do?

Linda. Your day sounds nice bet there will be lots of laughs at the red hatters lunch.

I am feeling better. Slept the day away yesterday. I guess every cloud has a silver lining because I lost 2lbs with my issue yesterday. Have to make soup today, I think it will be scraps type.
take care
Sophie
Old 01-17-2015, 07:54 AM   #5  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Jennifer

nice to get rid of horrific eating all at once. Have a nice weekend.
take care
Sophie
Old 01-17-2015, 07:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! I checked in at 5 am when no one was around yet, and was lucky enough to fall back asleep (since the kids don't have school).

No big plans today - have the grocery list going, need to figure out a menu for next week; DD has a shindig to go to at 3:30 that will help her blow off some steam. Maybe I'll be ca-razy an take TWO laps around the block today!!

Anything exciting today?
Old 01-17-2015, 08:14 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Yes, another coffee is needed and I made a "treat" this time - a scant tablespoon of reduced sugar hot chocolate mix in the mug is just great.

You know, without checking the thermometer, I can tell if it's cold outside by the way the dogs want to cuddle. I'm tempted to just go back to bed - something I NEVER do - but will resist and make some soup. Sophie, I call it CTFF soup rather than scrap soup; CTFF means "clean the fridge and freezer".
Old 01-17-2015, 08:14 AM   #8  

I just put a beef stew in the crockpot for Jake's supper tonight, so that's taken care of.

Good morning, Jennifer, Sophie, and Tammy. I'm glad you're feeling better, Sophie.

If you are looking for a good walking shoe, I can't recommend Clark's shoes enough! They are so comfortable and durable, and need no breaking-in period.
Tammy first tipped me off to them, and now I have several pair that I just love.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:27 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Thanks, Cottage. Finding a store that sells them is a bit of a problem. No way I can order online for shoes! I may have to go to Kingston or Ottawa, not something I feel like doing in this weather.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:28 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! Sipping my coffee under a blanket today; we are -22. But it is sunny (clear = cold) and we will be going into the 30's tomorrow. Heat wave indeed.

Not sure what is on the agenda today. Probably niggles.

Cottage and Jennifer, enjoy your social time.
Ruth, will you have any help?
Tammy, don't get too wild today!
Sophie, glad you are feeling better.

I might follow Cottage's lead and make stew today.

But first, more coffee.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:23 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I woke up early but laid in bed and fell back asleep felt good to do. I am up and it is sunny outside a bit windy but we will be in upper 40's today I will take it

Ruth- I have some Clarks as well and I don't need to put any inserts in those. You just will need to try on because they all don't fit the same sometimes I have to go up a size and sometimes they are true to size.

Jekel enjoy your dinner with your sisters. I have had 3 days of off eating as well back on track if I want to hit my target for the month

Sophie glad you are feeling better

Twynn don't get too crazy now! lol

Cottage have fun with the redhats tonight

Beth enjoy your day.

Today I just have cleaning, laundry and run to Hobby Lobby. We might go to the movies tonight we shall see.

Have a great day
Old 01-17-2015, 11:27 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 318/301/160

Height: 5'8"

Good - almost - afternoon everyone! I'm still new here, but I officially finished phase 1! I lost 6lbs in the process, which is great for me! I had one slip up during the phase, but I just shrugged it off and kept going.

Lots of cleaning to do today and errands to run and then a nail appointment (gotta keep these claws in check!). Planning on making a cabbage/leek soup tonight so I'm pretty excited to give that a go! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
Old 01-17-2015, 12:02 PM   #13  

Congratulations, Christal! What a great motivator to keep you going!
Old 01-17-2015, 01:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!!

Ruth - Yep…I love 3-day weekends!! Actually I only work every other Monday so I get a 3 day-er every other weekend but I still love them all the same! It makes working 9-10 hour days the other days worth it! Feel free to celebrate our holidays too!

Linda - Have fun with the grands!

Jennifer - Have fun with your sisters tonight!

Sophie - Congrats on the loss but sorry you felt icky. Ooooo…yarn store! I’ll go!!

Tammy - You reminded me that I need to do my shopping list and meal planning too. How does the week go by so fast? Seems like I just made a list yesterday!

Beth - Brrr…stay warm! We are supposed to be in the 50’s today so I’ll try to send some your way!

Pearlrose - A run to HL sounds like fun. I might just do that too. I need to pick up some little gifty things to take on our cruise for staff members we might catch doing something special.

Christal - Congrats on your success with P1!!! Good job is letting go of the “slip up” and getting back on track.

Peanut had us up at 3am this morning with some shenanigans but I was mercifully able to get back to sleep after tossing around for about 45 minutes. Poor DH did not have such good luck so he stumbled down to play on the computer while I slept. So…I’m sure he is going to take a nap this afternoon before church so I might take advantage of the time and do some errand running. I need a zipper for a dress I’m making for the cruise and I also need to pick up some stuff at Petsmart that Peanut will need at the boarders while we are gone. I’ve also been looking for those broomstick skirts that pack so well so I might drop in at a couple shops near Petsmart to see if I can find some. I did order one from TravelSmith that is really nice but I can’t afford to spend that kind of money on more than one. Thankfully our deep freeze has lifted and the majority of the snow on the roads is gone so I can get around on my own. I still have to pick my way carefully out of my neighborhood to keep from bottoming out my poor car.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!
Old 01-17-2015, 02:04 PM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

afternoon all!

first day on Ph 2 and missed fruit so much but will be sure not to go overboard. Lost 13 pounds on Ph1 and am very happy with that. Now, to keep that off and keep going. Next step is to get to the gym...oye!

Happy weekend!
Closed Thread