Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 05:39 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-12-2015, 07:07 AM   #2  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Week 2 of reboot and starting so much more organized. Last week I was throwing whole peppers in my lunch bag with a knife and buying bagged lettuce. I think I went to the grocery store 4 times and forgot celery every time. Everything is washed and chopped. Veggies are pre roasted for quick reheats and proteins are planned. I'm back at my scream weight and plan to take off a few more than my final weight the last time now that I have my head screwed back on right for maintenance.

Wishing everyone a great OP week. For all the newbies, hope you are settling in to the program.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

Beginning week 7. I've been stalled on the scale for over a week. Didn't expect a stall so quickly into the program.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:07 AM   #4  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Good Morning, Friends!

Looking forward to a great OP day and week. I'm enjoying having Monday morning as my "weigh in" day (in quotes because I'm doing this w/o a coach and I actually weigh myself daily). Thinking back on how my choices last week are demonstrated in today's weigh in makes me feel optimistic about the challenges that I may face this week.

My NSV today is similar to my NSV yesterday...I'm fitting into something that was TOO tight a few weeks ago. Actually, this outfit is what prompted my reboot. I put it on a few weeks ago and told myself--this is something you said you would NEVER wear again--and now it's almost too small. Hence, the journey back to getting rid of this outfit has begun! Week 1 is over and I have clocked a 5.8 loss. This is on par with my first round of IP where my first loss was 5.6. It's so interesting to look at my stats from last time. I can absolutely see where every holiday and celebration came up--there were gains on the scale . I plan to be very intentional about my choices this time around.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 01-12-2015, 09:13 AM   #5  
IP Start Date Jan 5, 2015

S/C/G: 229/204/165

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All! Day 8 of IP and starting week 2 today.

It's my very first WI day after work today. I'm excited and a bit nervous! But I am definitely in ketosis, so hoping for good results. Yesterday I was craving chocolate SO BADLY! I think today I will buy some of the brownie mix just to have around for those bad cravings. I have been learning a lot of great tips and tricks on this site, so thank you all for sharing your experiences. I am going to purchase more packets of drinks and things that I can turn into other food like bread and muffins, and satisfy that craving, while still staying OP. And when I say craving, it's not so much a hunger craving as it is a mouth-craving. Wanting that texture to chew. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's what it feels like for me.

Last edited by linda.lou; 01-12-2015 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:18 AM   #6  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Week 2 of reboot and starting so much more organized. Last week I was throwing whole peppers in my lunch bag with a knife and buying bagged lettuce. I think I went to the grocery store 4 times and forgot celery every time. Everything is washed and chopped. Veggies are pre roasted for quick reheats and proteins are planned. I'm back at my scream weight and plan to take off a few more than my final weight the last time now that I have my head screwed back on right for maintenance.
I am rebooting too, and like you, I was winging it last week. No good! Hopefully we both get it right this week. Planned out my meals and have everything ready to go. Also hoping to take a few more pounds off before getting back into maintenance. Are you planning to do the full normal phase off or a shortened one?
Old 01-12-2015, 09:51 AM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBeadz View Post
Beginning week 7. I've been stalled on the scale for over a week. Didn't expect a stall so quickly into the program.
Remember that a TRUE stall is SEVERAL weeks with no change either in the scale or in your measurements. It is TOTALLY NORMAL for your body to take a week or two and adjust after a few weeks of high weight loss numbers on the scale. Weight loss is NOT linear, you will have high loss weeks and low loss weeks, but as long as the overall trend is in the right direction you're good.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:04 AM   #8  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBeadz View Post
It looks like you've lost an average of 2.5lbs/week. Your body may be adjusting. My experience is that on IP, I tend to lose about 2 lbs/week averaged out over time. However, some weeks it is a negligible loss, some weeks it is a gain (yep!) and some weeks it is a WOOSH (4, 5, or even 6 lbs in a week).
Old 01-12-2015, 10:31 AM   #9  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm on day 3 and woke up with a raging migraine
Old 01-12-2015, 10:42 AM   #10  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Stars, try drinking a little salt water (ip salt mixed in like 8 ounces of water)...or do a salt lick (put a little salt on your wrist or hand and lick it off.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:54 AM   #11  

I'm trying the cauliflower tortillas for the first time. Fingers crossed...I think I spread the mixture too thick
Old 01-12-2015, 11:03 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

I bought a bunch of products from nashua (all P1 friendly) in an effort to make sure I wasnt adding in anything I shouldnt be while on alternatives (trying to buck a 3 month stall). I actually gained 3lbs using these...i am thinking it may be the soy protein base...anyone else unable to use nashua products?
Old 01-12-2015, 11:08 AM   #13  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
I bought a bunch of products from nashua (all P1 friendly) in an effort to make sure I wasnt adding in anything I shouldnt be while on alternatives (trying to buck a 3 month stall). I actually gained 3lbs using these...i am thinking it may be the soy protein base...anyone else unable to use nashua products?
Which products did you use? You could be reacting to the soy, or a particular sweetener.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:08 AM   #14  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

Default Lost 4 pounds of fat but only 1 pound overall?

According to the fancy scale at the IP office, I've lost over 4 pounds of fat (yay!) but only 1 pound overall. Has this happened to others? My coach said that I've not been eating enough so my body is going into starvation mode (muscle mass went up). Trying to reconcile that in my mind and not get dejected. He also noted in my food journal that I'm not eating the 3 protein packages consistently, which also contributes. It's such a different mindset to force myself to eat something when I'm just not hungry.

I'd love to hear your experiences, advice, etc. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2015, 11:13 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelineb View Post
According to the fancy scale at the IP office, I've lost over 4 pounds of fat (yay!) but only 1 pound overall. Has this happened to others? My coach said that I've not been eating enough so my body is going into starvation mode (muscle mass went up). Trying to reconcile that in my mind and not get dejected. He also noted in my food journal that I'm not eating the 3 protein packages consistently, which also contributes. It's such a different mindset to force myself to eat something when I'm just not hungry.

I'd love to hear your experiences, advice, etc. Thanks!
You definitely NEED to eat everything on the sheet. In the early days, I had a hard time eating my snack so I always chose a protein drink for snack. As time went on, my body became used to all of the food and it was a non issue. It is important to get it all in though...we are restricting our caloric intake enough by following the plan. Any less than this and your body will revolt.
Closed Thread