Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 05:05 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Weekend Chat Sat 1/10 - Sun 1/11/2015

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-10-2015, 06:39 AM   #2  

Default Beck Diet Solution Weekend Tip

January 9, 2015 - Friday Weekend Warm-up

Remember, your body does not know or care that it’s a weekend; it processes calories the same regardless of the day of the week. If your goal is to lose weight and keep it off, then weekends are a break from work, NOT a break from your plan
Old 01-10-2015, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone....

Lisa - so true LOL!

Off to volunteer at the animal shelter this morning......may go look for a new car this afternoon. My miles are creeping up on mine and will need to get out of my lease early...I truly hate car shopping, but DH loves it lol.

Tonight DS has hockey! There was a segment on the local news channel last night featuring our hockey team saying they are our county's team to beat! So excited that this is happening for my kid his junior year and for the school district! They showed a video clip from the game and DS was in it with a great save in front of the net from the other night! - proud mama moment lol....

I have decided that while I love the chips from proti diet that I ordered from Nausha, I cannot stop eating them lol....all I think about is when I can have the next one (the pizza is my favorite). So I will not buy them anymore. I do like the quest chips and I don't have that "addiction" towards them so I will continue with those lol...amazing how after all these months of no cravings, one food can trigger it!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:51 AM   #4  

Sgrealtor1:

I have the same difficulties with many bars and chips.

I'm sure it comes from long-established compulsive eating behaviors that caused me to be morbidly obese in the first place (eating entire bags, boxes, pizzas, bingeing on cheese or nuts, etc).

That "nut" will be a much harder one to crack (as in recover-from) but I know that I can do P1 100% if I don't stock up on boxes of foods that cause me these compulsive cravings.

I can go to GNC and get 1 (or sometimes even 4) items (usually Quest bars or chips). But a whole box has been problematic so I don't do it. Since I do alternatives, I mostly make some adaptations and have my "restricted-items" in other ways. I use whole eggs instead of omelet packets or the replacement of 1 whole + 3 whites. I may have an extra cup or two of occasional veggies through the week. Or add some extra oil.

RE: Car
I'm not much of a shopper. It doesn't matter what is being purchased. It just seems like such a waste of time for me (I guess I'd rather "waste" my time other ways ). My car is 15 years old. It sure has been nice having no car payment for 12+ years. Every time I ask my mechanic if it is time to replace it (think expensive car maintenance bill), he reminds me that the sales tax alone on a new vehicle is more than the cost of the bill. He also reminds me that so far, the big bills have been regular maintenance items & the engine is good and reliable (thanks to having regular maintenance done). I bought this particular car due to the reliability. My mechanic also tells me the biggest problem owners of these cars have: they get tired of them . It's probably best that I don't have a new car, anyway, since the areas I work can be not-so-safe sometimes.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:04 AM   #5  

I was updating some photos and was reminded of this one.
It is SO TRUE!!!!

And the same holds true for maintenance

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-10-2015 at 08:05 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Good morning all IP's. Very cold here in Indiana. I have found that I stay on plan if I do not eat restricted items. Everyone is different but that works better for new.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:56 AM   #7  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Remember, your body does not know or care that it’s a weekend; it processes calories the same regardless of the day of the week. If your goal is to lose weight and keep it off, then weekends are a break from work, NOT a break from your plan
I like this, too! I find weekends difficult because I'm so busy during the week that social events are pushed to Sat/Sun and tend to revolve around the breaking of bread...so, I've just had to find a bread replacement .

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 01-10-2015, 11:04 AM   #8  

I have been doing IP on my own from the beginning! I lost 50 pounds in 5 months and could not believe how easy it was!! But then I seemed to have slipped over the holidays and am finding it hard to stay on track!! During the warmer months I knew exactly what to eat but during these colder months I seem to be searching for comfort food. Usually I have my main meal at lunch, which was a enormous salad with my protein. That is just not doing it for me now... does anybody out there have some suggestions of what to eat that is warm, filling and quick to make??

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 01-10-2015, 11:45 AM   #9  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redspeedy View Post
I have been doing IP on my own from the beginning! I lost 50 pounds in 5 months and could not believe how easy it was!! But then I seemed to have slipped over the holidays and am finding it hard to stay on track!! During the warmer months I knew exactly what to eat but during these colder months I seem to be searching for comfort food. Usually I have my main meal at lunch, which was a enormous salad with my protein. That is just not doing it for me now... does anybody out there have some suggestions of what to eat that is warm, filling and quick to make??

Thanks in advance!!!
Soup is the best comfort food like item for me -- I have made my own from the remains of the rotisserie chickens I get each week -- the carcasses go into the freezer until I have a three or more to put into the crockpot to make soup stock - then add celery, scallions, cauliflower, zuke, and turnips. I usually have chicken meat that comes off the bones - I separate that and measure out a couple ounces to add to my serving when I am ready to eat it. You can google bone broth for more info on how to make the broth on the stove or in the crockpot.

I also take IP soups and add veggies. If you are not using IP products, there are other soups out there -- Healthsmart, Prot Diet or Proti Thin or maybe WLS -- I add half a box of frozen chopped broccoli to the broccoli cheese flavor, and pretty much any veggies can be cut up and go into the soups to add some volume and substance.

Hope these ideas help.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:53 AM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Love this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good Morning Everyone....

Lisa - so true LOL!

Off to volunteer at the animal shelter this morning......may go look for a new car this afternoon. My miles are creeping up on mine and will need to get out of my lease early...I truly hate car shopping, but DH loves it lol.

Tonight DS has hockey! There was a segment on the local news channel last night featuring our hockey team saying they are our county's team to beat! So excited that this is happening for my kid his junior year and for the school district! They showed a video clip from the game and DS was in it with a great save in front of the net from the other night! - proud mama moment lol....

I have decided that while I love the chips from proti diet that I ordered from Nausha, I cannot stop eating them lol....all I think about is when I can have the next one (the pizza is my favorite). So I will not buy them anymore. I do like the quest chips and I don't have that "addiction" towards them so I will continue with those lol...amazing how after all these months of no cravings, one food can trigger it!
Hello fellow goalie mom I love car shopping! I know, it's crazy but I really enjoy it, lol! It's gotten to the point where my friends - male and female - ask me to go with them to get them a deal. My car turns 7 years old this year and has some mileage on it but I truly love it and have never had a problem with it so far so I'm hoping it will get me another year. And yes, chips - my biggest downfall. I found the Simply chips at a local store but haven't bought any in months.

Happy Saturday all! Doing the usual today - cleaning the house, heading out to my son's hockey game, trying to stay warm.

I cleaned out the pantry a bit yesterday and found some fabulous spices from Epicure I forgot I had ordered. Had a grilled steak last night and it was so good, yum!

Have a great IP day!

Jo
Old 01-10-2015, 01:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

I LOVE THIS! This is so true! I've been 100% OP since I started IP and the weekends were always more difficult because during the week I am so busy with work and school that I didn't have "time" to think about "food" and the weekends are to go out with family and friends to "eat" I learned to order my food the way that I can eat it to stay OP, a couple of times it was impossible to get it 'my way' so I would get a garden salad, skipping the vegetables that aren't allowed in the plan. When I'm home I try to keep myself occupied, well I have tons of work during weekend too, my mind is always busy, and I have so much energy that I almost always begin rearranging or cleaning something! If I get hungry I drink water, if I still hungry then I have any of the unlimited veggies permitted in the plan.

Have a great weekend!
Old 01-10-2015, 01:39 PM   #12  
IP Start Date Jan 5, 2015

S/C/G: 229/204/165

Height: 5'7"

Happy Saturday iPeeps! Just checking in. Day 6 of IP for me. My first WI is Monday and I am really looking forward to it!

I have a party to go to tonight so that is going to be my first real challenge on this journey. But I am prepared. I have volunteered to be the DD so I won't be tempted to drink and I am going to bring a packet of BBQ crisps to snack on so I won't get tempted by hunger or yummy appetizers.

We had birthday cake in the office yesterday and I refused it, so I'm happy about that.

Baby steps...
Old 01-10-2015, 02:38 PM   #13  

We're going out to dinner tonite with some friends. I've already checked out their online menu and chosen my order. Peel n eat shrimp with Brussels sprouts and a salad, here I come!
Old 01-10-2015, 02:58 PM   #14  
IP Restart 1/4/16

S/C/G: 213.5/191.2/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Talking First WI today

Hi Everyone! Today is Day 8 and was my first WI. I am happy to say that I shed 4.9 lbs. I am super excited that I am heading in the right direction. I also wanted to thank you all for your support. I have tried to lose weight on my own many times and failed. I feel that the advice, stories, and just plain good wishes this past week have been an integral part of my weight loss. I have been 100% OP! Thank you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda.lou View Post

I have a party to go to tonight so that is going to be my first real challenge on this journey. But I am prepared. I have volunteered to be the DD so I won't be tempted to drink and I am going to bring a packet of BBQ crisps to snack on so I won't get tempted by hunger or yummy appetizers.

We had birthday cake in the office yesterday and I refused it, so I'm happy about that.

Baby steps...
Great job! I know how difficult it is to refuse temptations. One of my students gave me a box of chocolates when we returned to school after the holidays. It was my first work day on the program. I thanked the student, put them in my file cabinet, and have not touched them. For me that is quite a feat.

Good luck at the party tonight and bringing the crisps is a great idea. I am learning how preparedness is a key part of losing weight and staying OP.

Quote:

That is so wise. When I think back to other diets I have been on, I used the weekends to forget all of my good eating habits and fill up on chocolate, wine, pasta, bread, etc. I am realizing that I have more willpower than I thought on this diet.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:03 PM   #15  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Hi all - My coach told me he chocolate chip pancakes were a temporary item and no longer available. I love them as muffins! Have you heard the same thing?
Closed Thread