Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-07-2015, 09:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/199/125

Height: 5'1"

Default Holy heck I was a closet eater!!

And apparently I didnt realize it until now.

Usually hubby and I work day shift, but for today he's working 4 till midnight. I worked my usual, plus a couple hours overtime because no one at home for supper. Then something weird happened.

On the way home, I found myself planning all sorts of indulgent and totally not health friendly things to eat. Cream soups, baked brie and the like. Now, I've been working on healthier eating since October. If I gave in on any of those, not only would it be off plan, I'd be horribly ill at this point (my body does not have a happy relationship with high fat foods when I've been eating healthy for a while. It's actually a great motivator). I wasn't even craving the foods, I'd skipped that right into planning them, and driving to the grocery store just like...

Like every other time I had an evening without hubby around. It's been a few months since his work has swung his shift on us, but I realized every time he wasn't around for the entire evening, I'd eat all the stuff I'd be ashamed to have him see me eat. Not that he's a judgy person, I get that its my hang up, and it was for specific foods, I ate plenty of unhealthy things around him at other times. I found it neat and a little scary that nearly 3 months later, something so simple can come so close to triggering old habits. Especially since I didn't realize I did it in the first place!

Drove past the grocery store, came home and had the planned chicken breast with rice and veggies for supper. Tasted like victory.
vchan000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Congratulations! That is a hard habit to kick! I was a closet eater as well. When I lived at home, I used to get excited about when my parents were out of town because it meant being able to eat tons of candy and ordering huge amounts of unhealthy take-out.

I have been dieting seriously since September and in early November my parents went on vacation and asked if I would stay at their house to take care of their dog (I only live about 15 minutes by car away so not a big deal). The first night in the house I realized just how big a closet eater I was. I had a menu in my hand and the number dialed into my phone before even realizing what I was doing! Happy to say that I put the phone and menu down and was able to eat a healthy meal. I was a hard two weeks in their home (where my weight issues started), but I did it!

So congratulations because it is an amazing accomplishment to change old habits and it only gets easier and easier the more you say no!
AM02135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Secret eating was one of the worst aspects of my eating disorder. I'm glad to be rid of it without restricting and glad you're finding a way to also.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote