Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-10-2014, 12:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Default Enjoyed grocery shopping today

Today I read labels and made some healthy, low cal, low carb but tasty choices. It felt great. The only treat I bought was Presidents Choice Candy Cane ice cream. I love the stuff but will try very hard to have small portions.
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

When I want to enjoy a treat I take a few precautions. Firstly, I put the treat in a pretty container. Then I sit down to enjoy it without distractions - no tv, no computer, no smart phone, not even conversation. I eat slowly making sure to savour every bite. I think about the food I'm eating, the texture, the temperature, the flavor, what went into making it etc. This is called eating mindfully and it has really helped me learn how to enjoy the food I'm eating making it a nurturing experience and one that satisfies even if it's just a little bit of food.

Lastly, I check the guilt at the door. Guilt leads me to binge on the food, slurping it up greedily so that nobody will see. It's terrible. Just enjoy it!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: H~285... 260/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

I like having control over grocery shopping... I shop by myself most of the time, but on the occasions that hubby cons with me, so much junk ends up in the cart bc he just grabs stuff that looks good. Not only does it blow our healthy eating, but our budget too! It's frustrating!

Good for you for taking control tho! You can't eat junk if it's not there!
Beka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

Height: 5'7

Awesome, Fluffypuppy. I love that proud feeling after going to the store and making healthy choices. And it's like the gift that keeps on giving because you get to eat that food for days! Then you get to do it again!

Enjoy your ice cream. I indulge all the time and I've found that's helped me lose the weight. I say that with the usual disclaimer: Everyone's different!
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Enjoying shopping and cooking does make practicing a healthful lifestyle so much easier, doesn't it? I'm glad you're enjoying this aspect of your healthier lifestyle.

Enjoy your ice cream and don't sweat it if you do overindulge a little. Practice make perfect.

Me, I never met ice cream I didn't like. I used to eat it until it was gone, whether it was a pint of a half gallon. Ate it right out of the container.

This summer, I don't think there was a time that I didn't have ice cream in my freezer. I also can't recall any time when I went apesh!t with it either.

Funny enough, I just dumped out a half gallon that went untouched and freezer burned after sitting in there for over a month. I've had every day when I felt like it with no guilt, just like I had no guilt at letting it go to waste once I had my fill of it.
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
When I want to enjoy a treat I take a few precautions. Firstly, I put the treat in a pretty container. Then I sit down to enjoy it without distractions - no tv, no computer, no smart phone, not even conversation. I eat slowly making sure to savour every bite. I think about the food I'm eating, the texture, the temperature, the flavor, what went into making it etc. This is called eating mindfully and it has really helped me learn how to enjoy the food I'm eating making it a nurturing experience and one that satisfies even if it's just a little bit of food.

Lastly, I check the guilt at the door. Guilt leads me to binge on the food, slurping it up greedily so that nobody will see. It's terrible. Just enjoy it!
Being Buddhist, I am familiar with mindful eating. I don't practice it often enough, but when I had some of that ice cream yesterday, I did just that! Thanks WannaBeSkinny!

Thanks everyone!
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote