South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 06:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Ting-a-Ling! It's Tuesday! Chat for 12/9

The wind is a'howlin and a'blowin and it's pouring rain, but I'll be positive and say "Good morning" anyway. It would be great to have one more day off, but Cindy would probably shoot me if I took any more time, lol.

I got a text from Tammy last evening, saying her surgery went well. Now we pray for a swift and full recovery.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:56 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Linda! Glad you are back safely (I'll bet you had a good time) and thanks for passing on the news about Tammy.

We are in the path of the storm tonight: 6-12 inches of snow possible. But then it is predicted to be back to 40 this weekend. Crazy. Maybe if we get a snow day I can finish my decorating.

I've got to run; taking some fresh PB muffins with me today. Yum!
Old 12-09-2014, 07:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Beth! Yum! A PB muffin would go good this morning. I'll have to pull out that recipe again. We missed all the snow from this storm, but at least you'll probably get a snow day out of it!
Old 12-09-2014, 07:23 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It's a nice day here...I haven't looked at future weather stuff, though.

It was 60 degrees in Denver yesterday and all Kirks wood fit in our vehicle. I just got a box ready for shipping and now it's getting down to smoothie time. Work today and head over the hill tomorrow. Kirby is doing just great and tomorrow will be one week since his surgeries.

That's all the news here.

Linda, thanks for getting us started and passing the news from Tammy!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-09-2014, 07:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Linda - Thanks for the update.

Beth - Yikes!

Debbie - Glad to hear things are going well with the new addition.

My trainer had to cancel yesterday due to sick kid. Today I'm planning to get the last of my Christmas shopping done for DH's gifts while he has his weekly visit with his mom. Have some returns to make of pants I ordered online, too. And I work the closing shift.

Cold here today but yesterday was nice and later this week is supposed to be as well.

Have a great day.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:44 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cold and gray day here but it is supposed to warm up by this weekend. Going to run to base this am and try again to get ID renewed, made an appointment this time. I don't have time to wait 2 hours.

Cottage thanks for the update and it seems like the first few days back into the routine after vacation are the hardest.

Beth wow that is alot of snow hope you get a snow day

Debbie glad all of the wood fit in the truck for you.

Karen sounds like you have a busy day.

WFH day for me trying to get finished with last reports today most have been completed. Getting ready for crazy go live hours next week. I will have to work 12 hour shifts for Wed, Thur and Fri and hopefully will not have to work the following weekend.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-09-2014, 09:04 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

We're in the middle of this Nor'easter (Brendan??) and it's pouring. No snow expected, but a lot of rain and wind. My cousin flies out today, but supposedly her flight is on time. Since she's going back to Canada it's considered "international" so they do get priority.

It's been very nice visiting with her, but I am anxious to get back to a routine. We went from vacation, where I received the news my uncle had died, to coming back on Thanksgiving, the next day I went to see my parents which was very difficult, and then the following Thursday my cousin came and I just feel I haven't had time to breathe. We have another visit with my parents this weekend which promises to be difficult, but then things settle down for a bit - well, there's Christmas, but that should be smooth compared to all this!!

I'm so glad to hear Tammy's surgery went well. Cottage, how was your mini break with Ruth??
Old 12-09-2014, 09:34 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Honey, I'm home - sort of! Had a great sleep at the Ottawa Holiday Inn and am going to have a proper breakfast and then hit the road for Delta. Planning a stop on the way for some fresh veggies and then pick up my not-so-fresh dogs. I may be giving them a snow dry-cleaning if they smell of the kennel. Had a super time but home will feel good.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon

Linda. Thanks for updating us on Tammy. Hope your day isnt too bad with being away for awhile.

Beth. Will have to look up pb muffin. I guess kids aren't the only ones looking for a snowday.

Debbie. Thats nice and warm compared to us.

Karen. Good luck shopping.

Pearlrose. Hope your day goes well

Matilda. So glad you enjoyed your cousins wedding.

Ruth. How did Delta survive without you.

had a drs appt this morning and what a surprise. I weighed in 10 lbs less than 7 months ago. He put me on the lowest dosage of thyroid meds in 40 years. Blood works were good but heart rate a bit high. He said see you in 6 months keep walking. It makes my day.
take care
Sophie
r
Old 12-09-2014, 03:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm home too! Do you believe it?!? Major spinal surgery yesterday, home today. Thanks to a good surgeon, and some mighty good drugs.

Now to see if I get my land legs back!
Old 12-09-2014, 05:42 PM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Tammy. So good to hear from you. Wishing you a speedy recovery. When my dh had his triple bypass drs. told him to take a painkiller if he was in pain. To use his energy to heal and not to fight pain. Just some motherly advice.
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread