South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 05:11 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Hump Day Beach Chat, Dec 3

Good Morning

Went to bed early last night since I get so much more done in the wee hours. Kirby is settling in well and I've snuck Bing some food since Kirby goes to get neutered this morning. Shhhh.....I haven't told him. We have a busy day ahead. We drop off the pup then go to the rentals to haul a big ladder and see where the piece of roofing came off during the last big wind. Then down to see Kirks DD and grandkids. Back home to p/u Kirby and head right over the passes. We have a fenced yard there and it seems a good place for Kirby to recover. We get 3 days of pool time, maybe 4 if one of my coworkers wants to take my Sunday. First, I need to get some bills paid and get my stuff packed up. This month is going to fly by!

Natasha and Jennifer, glad you got together and thanks for sharing the great picture!

What's happening for everyone today? Stop and chat
Old 12-03-2014, 06:14 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from snowy Delta.

Thanks for starting us up, Debbie, and give Kirby a skritch behind the ears for me. Raising my coffee mug to him in a toast for quick healing.

Survived yesterday's furniture moving and the guys did leave me a space to get into my bed in the spare room. When the carpet was all out we had a bit of a bad surprise as the floor was in horrible shape with deep gouges, spilled pain (not just spatters) and many large nails pounded in. Absolutely NOT salvageable!

So ... off went Paul in his truck at noon and was back here before four with new wood flooring while his guys, Todd and John, pulled hundreds of nails and threw the wood out the window into the dumpster. The good news is that there will be no sanding of the floors which will sure cut down the mess. I also won't have that awful smell from the "odorless" wood finishing stuff.

Today will be better. I'll be leaving here around one and heading to the airport for 3 - seems silly to have to be there 3 hours early for a 90 minute flight. The Marriott will feel good tonight.

Be good Beachers while Linda and I are away - we will be watching and report any infractions to Santa!
Old 12-03-2014, 06:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Did you get any sleep last night Ruth, or were you too excited??!! I can't wait to hear all about the fun!

Debbie, so glad little Kirby is fitting in well. I was going to ask more about the neuter, but no one wants to hear that, do they? Enjoy your time in the pool!

Back to work after a busy day off yesterday - had some more testing done and anxiously awaiting results. It pays to have a friend that works there- she might tell me before the doc does...shhhhhhhhhh

Otherwise, today is my day by myself, it's my colleague's day off. Hopefully not too crazy, although I might have to make up for yesterday, it was slow with the pending ice storm.

Good day y'all!
Old 12-03-2014, 07:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Nice picture of you two, Natasha and Jennifer!

I hope Kirby has an easy recovery, Debbie, and enjoy your next few days off!

Ruth, your new floors are going to look great! What a nice surprise you'll have when you get back! Safe travels today and I'll see you tomorrow!

Tammy, I pray you'll get some encouraging news from your tests. Is your DH and the kiddos back from their trip yet?

Today is my FRIDAY!!!!! I've had to work late both Monday and Tuesday, but today I pick the girls up from school and drop them off at the riding stables at 3 for their lessons, and I get to come home early! Then I have banking, a quick stop at Dad's, a bit of grocery shopping, a trip to the wine store , and a manicure appt. before I get home. I'll wait until tomorrow morning to do laundry and pack, since we don't leave until noon.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Looks like Linda and Ruth have a crazy girl's weekend planned....Linda a trip to the wine store??? lol Please post a picture or two from your trip. We will try to be on "company" behavior while you are gone.

Tammy I hope your friend shares the results with you. Waiting is the hardest part for me.

Debbie hope Kirby's procedure goes well and you get some quality pool time later

Taking the car in for routine service. Poor planning on my part right before Christmas $$$ At least I'll kill time writing Christmas cards. Tonight is our holiday gathering for the Police Unity Tour. Hopefully I can stay on plan today.

Enjoy!
Old 12-03-2014, 07:56 AM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning - an odd prep time for me snuck in today, so I get on before lunch!

Official weigh in today - 7 lb drop for the phase 1. Very, very excited. Now, I just have to stick with it and watch out for Christmas and New Years! As the plan is to end the month with an overall non-gain, the next three weeks need to be pretty darn on-plan. Any great motivators?

Everyone hug your loved ones - and of course
Be well!
Old 12-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Loved the photo, Natasha and Jennifer; thanks for sharing.

Bea - woo hoo!

My plan, if I can get motivated, is to pick up some stockings items for DH today that require a drive across town. We've agreed that I can exclusively use one of our credit cards this season and he won't monitor activity online with that one like he usually does. Past years I've had to spend cash so he wouldn't know where I was buying his gifts! Some locations are a sure giveaway.

Must also get to grocery store. And really need to get more for the boys for the holidays. Sigh.

Have a great one.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

just today and tomorrow and they shouldn't be crazy. I actually took time to bake last night. I do love playing in the kitchen. It's snowy/icy/slushy out there so I am taking a little time making calls before heading out.

Safe travels Ruth!
Old 12-03-2014, 09:05 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
Boy, I just could not sleep last night. And I'm trying to make today a fast day so that could make it tougher. I feel motivated though, so I need to go with that. I have my class tonight so I'm saving most of my calories for then since a lot of eating goes on all around the table.

Tammy, please keep us posted on what is going on. I was away for a while, but I'm assuming that your drs. have checked for a B vitamin deficiency or pernicious anemia? Both those conditions can cause weakness, fatigue and peripheral neuropathy (I think that's what you are experiences in your extremeties?), and so can regular anemia too. I just went through my own thing with anemia and it was rough.

Just this quick fly by, Ruth and Cottage - don't be too naughty! It is us that should be monitoring the two of you. Enjoy.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Busy morning and busy day. Yesterday was crazy too had to take DD1 to St. Louis to get her new car to test drive and then come back and get DD2 to take her to the Dentist which is about 20 miles from our house so I think I put 150 miles on my car in one day whew!

Today is the Winter Luncheon at work I am hoping for some op food. The scale moved down 1 so just 1 more to go to get rid of Thanksgiving gain.

Debbie hope Kirby recovers quickly

Ruth should be welcome surprise to come back home to new floors and enjoy your weekend

Twynn here is to hoping you find out some results

Cottage the enthusiasm is coming through on your posts. Have fun

Jekel I made DH take his in yesterday for routine maintenance, it needs to be done so the cars run smoothly

Bea great job!!!

Cyndi drive safely if you had to get out while it is still icy

Karen luckily I am the one that monitors so DH doesn't know not that I have gotten him anything yet.

Okay back to the trenches, Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-03-2014, 12:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

AWESOME JOB Bea!!! Your success is giving me motivation today!!!

Well I am home sans car Apparent,yn the oil pan's threads are bare and I need a new oil pan! Never have I heard of this happening. I have a6 year 125k mile warranty. Toyota claims this is routine wear and tear from "excessive" oil changes (every 5k as recommended done at Toyota my car has 110k on it). A the more I thought about it the angrier I became. My car has only been serviced at this dealership. So the wear and tear is from their mechanics! I escalated my complaint to the manager in hopes of some help getting Toyota to cover at least part of the repair. If they don't I am looking at over$800 today between routine oil change, tire rotation and coolant change. As a courtesy the gave me a 2015 Camry to use. The car only has 6 miles on it. I think it is a sales tactic to make me want a new car lol

When I got home i found my old pup lying on the kitchen floor with his front legs spread to the sides. He looked very odd. After much coaxing he could not stand up on his own. I used his harness to help me to his feet. It took him a few to find his legs. Walked outside no problem. Will be keeping a close eye on him. I'm sure his old bones are tired and do not like the cold anymore then we do. I was going to do his nails today, but will let him take it easy instead. Currently he is liking his bed...a normal bizarre habit of his lol so hopefully he was just extremely lazier earlier. I need to believe that

Last edited by jekel383; 12-03-2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Hmmm - my old (and I mean old) VW rabbit had that happen - at about 150K miles. I went to a junkyard and got a pan with a slightly larger "screw" and it carried me through selling the car about 20K miles later . . .
Old 12-03-2014, 06:32 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Matilda, good point! Have a great time, Ruth and Linda.

Bea, Yeah!! I am also going to try really hard to be OP for the next few weeks before Christmas.

Jennifer, I am about to make my last "free" oil change for my car: "free" as in the first few were included with the price when I bought it. I will certainly miss those.

Tammy, hope you finally get some answers.

Cyndi, we had ice overnight but it was above freezing and turning slushy when I left this morning. Our road is not a main one and is not well maintained- that's why I always buy vehicles with 4WD!

Have a great evening, chicks!
Closed Thread