Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 05:42 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Thursday 10/23/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-23-2014, 06:23 AM   #2  

Good morning!
I'm caught in the middle of a busy week and yesterday had to take my car in for emergency repair. While it was there, they also found a cracked radiator, which I told them to fix before winter weather.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm off to do my PT exercises, as my pain has returned with a vengence. I was grateful for the reprieve.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:53 AM   #3  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

Weigh in today. Had a little "issue" with Lemon Wafers yesterday.....they will not be making an appearance in my home again until I can control myself
Have a great day!
Old 10-23-2014, 07:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/153/145

I'm so with you OhZoe! I only eat unrestrictive items because I just don't trust myself with wafers, cookies and bars. When I was trying to eat low carb, high fat...I had such control issues. Even Quest bars would set off a beast in me and I remember eating THREE at a time!!

Now that I just finished my 7th week on IP...(now on alternative foods) That monster within has settled down...and I don't want to wake her up!

My cravings and binges just about drove me nuts. I don't understand how I could eat and eat and never feel satisfied...but DRIVEN to eat more.

Right now I don't miss the sweets and starchy foods...but I never know what will awake that appetite...so I feel like I have to stay on guard at all time!

But I'm hoping IP is resetting what ever is in my body and helping me. So far it sure has been different from any other plan I've tried... I remember eating the little chocolate drops for dessert on Jenny Craig, and wanting more SO BADLY...and feeling so deprived. A little taste just doesn't do me!

Anyway, I just wanted to say I can relate to your lemon wafer experience!
Old 10-23-2014, 07:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Lisa - I hope your pain eases soon.....I remember pre IP back pain that was unbearable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZoe View Post
Weigh in today. Had a little "issue" with Lemon Wafers yesterday.....they will not be making an appearance in my home again until I can control myself
Have a great day!
Lol I'm with you on the lemon wafers.....better not to have them in the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I'm so with you OhZoe! I only eat unrestrictive items because I just don't trust myself with wafers, cookies and bars. When I was trying to eat low carb, high fat...I had such control issues. Even Quest bars would set off a beast in me and I remember eating THREE at a time!!

Now that I just finished my 7th week on IP...(now on alternative foods) That monster within has settled down...and I don't want to wake her up!

My cravings and binges just about drove me nuts. I don't understand how I could eat and eat and never feel satisfied...but DRIVEN to eat more.

Right now I don't miss the sweets and starchy foods...but I never know what will awake that appetite...so I feel like I have to stay on guard at all time!

But I'm hoping IP is resetting what ever is in my body and helping me. So far it sure has been different from any other plan I've tried... I remember eating the little chocolate drops for dessert on Jenny Craig, and wanting more SO BADLY...and feeling so deprived. A little taste just doesn't do me!

Anyway, I just wanted to say I can relate to your lemon wafer experience!
For me the beauty of IP is that all my cravings are gone! I am praying they don't come back lol...

WI this am. It's my back from vacation WI. I know I lost even with the few not 100% meals that were out of my control. Of course I get home from this wedding only to find out I have another wedding to take my Mom to in North Carolina in January.....seriously! Anyway can't even begin to think about that. Need to get thru the holidays right now. Halloween is not a big deal, and I cook for thanksgiving and Christmas so I should be ok.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:42 AM   #6  
Started IP 10/17/14

S/C/G: 257/Ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

I bought the IP lemon wafers Tuesday because I had seen everyone rave about them on here and now I know why. It's hard not to have another package! What I do is keep them in my car. I'm settled in the house when I start to eat them and I know that I will have to put back on some regular clothes in order to go back out to my car and have another one. I can't even imagine bringing them in my house!
Old 10-23-2014, 07:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Haha, oh-oh! And I was just saying yesterday I think I would like to try them (lemon wafers) based on what I've read on here too. I think I might just avoid them
Old 10-23-2014, 08:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/203/159

Height: 5'5.5"

I am in week one, the home stretch (one more day) and have need the 4th IP packet almost each day. Is that normal? I am glad I found this forum, let me know if this is the wrong place to share this!
Old 10-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Stressful week, washer broke, had it fixed, can't live without that when you have kids. Having my privacy fence rebuilt which with 2 dogs means they can't use their doggy door, they have to be taken out a few times a day on the leash (1 is a puppy and is 4 months old so needs frequent potty breaks). Of course this throws my days off schedule and with working well you all know. In the past I would have grabbed food or wine to relax and get thru the stress. Happy to say I don't feel that way on IP. I am also sleeping so much better at night. So glad I made this decision, 3 weeks in and approx 10 lbs lost.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:00 AM   #10  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Today is my weigh in day and I am very hopeful that this week I will have a good loss and reach 25 lbs down since starting.

I have been not struggling as much as last week. In fact, yesterday I was perfect, which was surprising because it was a very stressful day - I was in lockdown in Ottawa due to the shooting. But I had my food and other than one extra cup of coffee, I stayed true to the program.

I sure hope I lose 3.5 lbs this week. It will give me the motivation to keep strong for a while longer. I want to lose 50 by christmas and if I reach 25 today, I'll be halfway there.

Perhaps I'll get some lemon wafers. I haven't really found that I crave the good stuff - I feel like they are a reward.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbanditos View Post
I am in week one, the home stretch (one more day) and have need the 4th IP packet almost each day. Is that normal? I am glad I found this forum, let me know if this is the wrong place to share this!
I have been doing 4 packets since I started. I was told it was fine. I also think it is because I was larger when I started. I am nervous that my 4th packet will be taken away soon LOL
Old 10-23-2014, 09:47 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZoe View Post
I have to be very careful of restricted items. I don't buy a whole box anymore. They awaken a sleeping dragon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post

I'm much better off completely restricting. A taste wakes up that dragon in me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Lisa - I hope your pain eases soon.....I remember pre IP back pain that was unbearable.

Lol I'm with you on the lemon wafers.....better not to have them in the house

For me the beauty of IP is that all my cravings are gone! I am praying they don't come back lol...

WI this am. It's my back from vacation WI. I know I lost even with the few not 100% meals that were out of my control. Of course I get home from this wedding only to find out I have another wedding to take my Mom to in North Carolina in January.....seriously! Anyway can't even begin to think about that. Need to get thru the holidays right now. Halloween is not a big deal, and I cook for thanksgiving and Christmas so I should be ok.
The cravings are gone, for now.
Rest assured IP does not CURE us of binge eating for the long-haul. There are issues why we binge eat. P1 is a reprieve for sure. But getting to the bottom of binge eating is more than a simple diet can handle. Many, many people have been surprised to discover that food issues return as they phase off. Rebooters will tell you that diligence is necessary for maintenance.

Two books that have been recommeded to me (in addition to the Beck Diet Plan) are Brain Over Binge and The End of Overeating. The Beck Book definitely works on cognitive control but I believe a lot of binge eating has emotional roots.

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-23-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:09 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally posted by catlady1981 yesterday:
My office is a deep freeze. I have little space heater and no one has complained. Sometimes people come in my office just to warm up. I am in TX so it's not really cold here yet. I ended up having to leave my book club meeting on Monday night because we met at a restaurant and I was sitting right under the vent. Of course they had the A/C on. I tried moving to away from the vent but I was miserable. Today I am wearing a sweater, a top, a cami under the top and running my heater. I'm still cold.
Ketosis makes us colder for sure! It is a pretty common side-effect. But IP can be hard on thyroid. When I was this cold, my doc discovered my thyroid was out-of-whack. Have you had yours checked recently?

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-23-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:00 AM   #14  

Good morning all! Tomorrow will be the end of week one! I met with the coach yesterday and we agreed not to weigh me this week because of my swollen knees. I FINALLY got an appointment today with the orthopedist so I can find out how bad I sprained them. My daughter said I need a stunt double since I am on a streak of hurting various body parts this year
I did tell my coach how much my joints feel better being on a low carb diet. I forget how much pain goes away when I don't eat a lot of carbs! This always confirms the concept of carbs = inflammation. The coach wants me to go ahead and add an extra ip packet to counter some of the healing that my knees are going to need.
I did get my Beck book in the mail and look forward to reading it based on y'alls comments.
Have a great ip day!
Old 10-23-2014, 11:04 AM   #15  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All!

I buy ONE Lemon Wafer each week and bring it to work when I feel like I can have a treat day. It usually doesn't last long though. I try to only eat unrestricteds but I'll mix up in a restricted item every now and again.

I have my WI tomorrow and my home scale says good things but I never know until I hit that clinic scale (and add my clothes in - I try to pick my lightest ones ).

I keep a big sweater at my office and I have pulled out all of my tights to start throwing into my wardrobe.
Closed Thread