Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 10-15-2014, 02:29 AM   #1  
heavenleighstar

S/C/G: 332/320/220

Height: 5'4

Default Here's to a Healthy pregnancy

I am currently 14 weeks and very overweight. My goal is to have a healthy pregnancy and not gain too much weight.. At my size a weight gain of 10 to 15 lbs is sufficient. I also want to make sure I eat better. I have to admit I I have been very bad and eating whatever I want. It is time to make a change for the baby and for myself. So I will post here and track my calories and my weight weekly if anyone would like to join that will be fine. Also to talk about any issues about pregnancy in general.
skinnyki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:40 AM   #2  
New Healthy Mum

S/C/G: 229/145.5/141

Height: 5ft8

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyki View Post
I am currently 14 weeks and very overweight. My goal is to have a healthy pregnancy and not gain too much weight.. At my size a weight gain of 10 to 15 lbs is sufficient. I also want to make sure I eat better. I have to admit I I have been very bad and eating whatever I want. It is time to make a change for the baby and for myself. So I will post here and track my calories and my weight weekly if anyone would like to join that will be fine. Also to talk about any issues about pregnancy in general.
Well I have just finished my pregnancy craving - black pudding sandwiches and they are just what the baby wanted and are really not good for me unless you count that they are on wholemeal sliced bread

I have also enjoyed ice cream, chocolate, crisps and other things during this pregnancy.

Before pregnancy I weighed in at 12 stone 4.5 pounds and now I am 13 stone 5 pounds and have gained just 14.5 pounds at 33 weeks. So I can't complain too much. My target is to finish the pregnancy with less than a 2 stone weight gain so I have another 13.5 pounds in 7 weeks.

Obviously it would be nice to just gain a stone and a half but I am not going to get depressed if this doesn't happen either.

Before pregnancy I had lost 4 stone via a healthy diet and of course I want to get back to that as soon as possible but the smaller the gain during pregnancy the easier that will become.

Don't beat yourself up over it and just try to aim for a 2 stone weight gain and try to be active and eat lots of healthy foods as well as bad foods.

I remember at 14 weeks I was outside the big cash and carry with a 5kg tray of strawberries and I had eaten a good 1/3 of them before I had got home!
sammymilner is offline   Reply With Quote