South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 06:08 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Terrific Tuesday, October 14

Good morning everyone! I just really can't stand getting up when it's dark. But lately I find if I wake up at 5 or 5:30 naturally, that staying in bed makes me more tired and anxious. I'm so worried about my parents right now it's not a good idea for me to have too much time in my 'head.'

Today they go to the dr., a geriatrician, who will hopefully begin to do some assessments. I'm hoping and praying that they will sign the form that will allow me to communicate with the dr. There is probably more than a 50% chance that they will not, and I will have to rely on my mother for information. I also am not sure that they know that they are visiting a dr. for evaluation for dementia - they seem to think they are going to see a psychiatrist - so there's also a chance they will leave the appointment once they find out what is really going on. Or, they could totally surprise me, and be willing. There's no way to tell, and there's nothing I can do about it. I keep repeating the serenity prayer to myself and hoping it will sink in.

On other notes, my eating has been sloppy and I feel unfocused, so today I'm going to keep myself off line (spent most of yesterday at the office googling things to do with my parent's situation) and I'm about to make a short list of must do's for today for both home and work.

Hope everyone has a great day...if I have any news after the appointment I will do another check in. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Think positive, Matilda, and I'll be sending supportive thoughts your way for everything to work out well for everybody.

It's just a routine Tuesday for me, with the exception of trying to keep up with all the dust from the construction crew. At the moment, there's still more de-struction than con-struction, lol!
Old 10-14-2014, 06:44 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mathilda, I so wish this were real life so we could talk over a coffee. My sister and I went through this with my Mother - a really difficult time for everyone. All I can say is hang in there and try to be gentle with yourself.

Woke at 6 this morning - "sleeping in"! I hope the trend continues because I hate dark mornings. Afternoon early dark doesn't bother me as much, probably because I like to cozy in for the evenings. As I get older (and wiser?), I dislike going out in the evenings, probably because I am tired.

This morning I will lug the weekend "loot" to the bank. I also need to get a US money order to pay my portion of a wee trip in early December. I leave for my "wee trip" of this month on Thursday morning and am really looking forward to no phone, PC or Net for four days. I'm off to Bancroft which is the back of beyond and have a super B&B booked. I intend to read, quilt, tour a bit and decide what I want to do when I grow up. It'll be a sort of rehab.

Raising my coffee mug in a salute to a terrific Tuesday!
Old 10-14-2014, 06:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh Matilda, hugs to you.

Just another crazy day, which is already booked up. I have the other doc working with me Tues mornings, which means it's especially insane. She's seeing something crazy like 50 hamsters to medicate. LOL.

I'm taking the techs out for lunch though, they picked a crepe place that has amazing salads!
Old 10-14-2014, 06:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Linda and Ruth, you snuck in!

Don't tell DH, this coffee is terrible...

Ruth, I thought of you when I saw a cute little old lady yesterday. She keeps telling me she can't see well to medicate her cat's bad eye (that's not why I thought of you ), and said she's leaving for a week soon. I asked her where. She perked up immensely "Bermuda!!!". Go granny! Not the answer I expected!

Last edited by TwynnB; 10-14-2014 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:20 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

I haven't been up for long and I'm still feeling a little tired. I went to Denver yesterday after work to have them officially transfer my phone number and all my information to my new phone.i've had a two-week temporary number via Costco to see if I liked the new service, which I do. he came home and took a short nap before heading out to a meeting and then after the meeting I just couldn't seem to fall asleep.oh well.

Work in an hour but I still need to get some things done around the house. My sister flies in tomorrow from Seattle for her three week treatments. I need to be at the airport early.The decision hasn't been made yet as to whether will travel over tomorrow or early Thursday morning.

Matilda, I'm thinking really good thoughts for you today.

Ruth, excited for your mini vacation!

Linda, I hope you can keep the dust down and other than that have a uneventful day.

Tammy, have a great lunch with your techs today.

Happy Tuesday everyone! I'd better get moving.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-14-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Matilda I hope everything goes well today. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

Debbie you are a really great sister

Linda I don't know if I could handle a big renovation. I have a hard enough time with my normal dust lol

Ruth enjoy your trip. I am going to live vicariously through you, hope you do t mind. I could really use a little alone time.

Tammy after my binge yesterday I could use a snide salad. Enjoy lunch with your colleagues. Don't worry we won't tell DS about the coffee lol

Leaving around noon to bring DS back to college. I still need to clean and pack. Hopefully the dress I ordered online will come today. Wearing a uniform is so much easier then wearing people clothes. The weather looks lousy so I don't know if they will cancel the outdoor activities: morning walk/run, boot camp and a tour of Sleepy Hollow Cemetary. I think I will charge my old iPod just i case I decide to walk on the treadmill.

Well nothing gets done unless I do it so time I get moving.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:35 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Matilda. I am hoping for good news. Dont let your mind imag7ne too many scenarios.

Linda. Hope the dust settles down soon.

Ruth. Barcroft is a great place for rockhounding. They come from all over to brancroft just for that. Maybe you will pick up a new hobby. Like you need one

Tammy I would tell my dh coffee is loudy. Hope your day goes well

Debbie. What an early bird. Is your sister feeling well with the treatments

Jen. What is your dress like. Safe trip

thinking of garden clean up.we had 3 weeks of summer weather and its so hard to get into fall mode. I made soup yesterday so things are getting back to normal. I missed my soup.
take care
Sophie
Old 10-14-2014, 06:02 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Late check in today.

Matilda, hope the doctor visit went well. I am not looking forward to dealing with all those issues in our family. Hugs!

Tammy, DH is the morning coffee master and does a very good job.

Hope everyone had a good day. I am off to saute some brussel sprouts. Yum!!
Closed Thread