South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 06:53 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Torrential Tuesday Oct 7 Daily Chat

Good morning!! Anyone awake?

We've got a downpour this morning but hoping for sun later.

(just getting things started..)
Old 10-07-2014, 06:58 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Clucks - October 7

... and just realized tomorrow is my dear son's 51st birthday. How the heck did that happen? I'll call him tomorrow and will gift him on Saturday at Thanksgiving Dinner at his inlaws' house.

Yesterday was a long day and I was so glad it was over when I turned on the news at 6. I fell asleep very quickly and didn't waken until eight. (I think my cold capsule may have had something to do with that.) Meetings are exhausting and boring but we did get a lot of "stuff" settled for the Festival this weekend. Now to round up some more volunteers.

Today I'll try to be productive as I feel a day behind. The second load of laundry is in progress and now I'll start on the rest of Monday's To Do list, doing the fastest jobs first, of course. It's raining so that'll help keep me in the house. I need stuff in town but will wait until I drive there on Thursday for a haircut.

Raising the second mug of coffee in a toast to the day. I hope your Tuesday is terrific.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:00 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Raining here too, Beth. I didn't realize that until I went to the kitchen and thought I had leak in the washer. The rainspout is just outside the window and was really gushing. Oh well - my dusty car needed a wash.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I don't pay too much attention to the weather, but I do believe DH said it will rain all day today.

I'm about to make crockpot jambalaya (mmmmmm) for dinner tonight. I cook the sausage first to get out the grease, so I'm not too far off plan.

Work, work work! Week one of eight...
Old 10-07-2014, 07:13 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I don't pay much attention to the weather reports, either. Since I always take the pop out in the morning I check things out and proceed accordingly.

My floor turned out really nice. I put three coats on last night and just finished a final fourth coat this morning. I forgot to turn the fan on until I had painted myself beyond the point of no return so I hope it dries so I can make my smoothie before work.

Posting from my phone-I made sure I brought all my coffee out to the dining room before I got myself out of the kitchen. I need another cup. When anyone care to join me?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The rain's just tapering off here this morning, Beth. I hope the Fox Hunt isn't canceled because I can get so much more accomplished when Cindy isn't home. Yesterday was crazy busy, plus I ended up staying late to help the girls with a homework project, and by the time I got home, I sat down on the couch to eat a bowl of soup promptly fell asleep.

This morning I expect I'll be busy trying to keep the floors clean with the mud the work crew and the dogs will be tracking in. The afternoon is filled with music lessons, so I'm charging up my kindle to enjoy some "me" time while waiting on the girls. IF I have any energy left when I get home, I really need to start changing out our wardrobes. The weather is reminding us that it's time to get out the long sleeves!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:24 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

First full day of conference but since we have internet in the room figured I would check in. Things seem to be going pretty well back at home and this has been a nice trip so far now the real work comes into play.

Beth not sure of the forecast here today but I will be inside all day.

Ruth sometimes it good to take a power nap your body most of needed it.

Debbie wow you got the floor done in one day that is impressive.

Cottage sounds like you have been having some long days.

Tywnn that crockpot recipe sounds delish

Have a great day everyone
Old 10-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

work, parents, fall chores, hurt hubby (again). I'll be back tonight after the rest of the world settles down for the evening
Old 10-07-2014, 09:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Sunny here

We'll hike this morning. I'm still trying to get in one a week. I have decided to pretend that it doesn't make my hip feel worse for a few days afterwards.

Yesterday DH and I checked out some homes on the homes tour. With ground floor masters. Realistically, we aren't going to move. We'd pay MORE to downsize! But it is fun to dream a bit.

Have a great day.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:33 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Hi friends. Ugh - nasty situation with my parents this morning. They live 3 hours away which makes it worse. I guess they had a huge fight and my father threatened to divorce my mother and take all the money! This is absolutely ridiculous, but it's a bad situation all around. They're in bad shape, but not such bad shape that I can legally do anything about it. *Sigh*. Going to check in with them later, and am hoping for some better news.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ugh day 6 and final day of my work marathon. One day off and it begins again lol

Matilda I am so sorry to hear about your parents. Distance does make it more stressful for you. Sending hugs and prayers.

Found out yesterday my dr of 15 years is moving to Long Island. Ironically to Hampton Bays, my hometown. At least I get to see him one more time tomorrow. Just frustrating to find a new primary. Oh well

Last night I went to bed at 7:50!!!! Slept until 2:30 (alarm was set for 3) Guess I really needed a good night sleep. At least tomorrow I don't have to be anywhere until 3:15.

Have a great today!
Closed Thread