General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-20-2014, 01:43 AM   #1  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Default Some Great Advice, Some I'm doing, Some I think I'll Start!

I found this: http://www.listotic.com/21-weight-lo...y-never-tried/

It's 22 ideas to motivate ourselves for weight loss that get a little creative. (No diet advice or exercise advice, just thoughts to motivate!) Some I'm all ready doing and can vouch for. Like, I have these cups I made at the dollar store with little rocks. I move a rock every time I lose a pound. My Fiance can see it on display and it helps me as well.

Another one I've totally done is the post it notes all over the place to motivate me. BEST TRICK EVER. I love some of these ideas.

The one I think I want to try? Adding money to a "Good choice" jar every time I do one of the following:
1) Go on a walk = $0.25
2) Work out = $1.00
3) Stay in my Calorie Goal Average for the week =$1.00
4) Resist a Binge: $2.00
5) Lose 5lbs = $1.50
6) Hit 10,000 Steps on my Fitbit = $2.00

If I work out 3x a week, stay with my goals, walk every day and lose 1lb a week, This time next year I could have $366 dollars saved up plus the amounts for the days I hit 10,000 steps and avoid a binge. I'm then going to use that money ALL ON ME. I'm totally going to take myself out to get a massage, get my hair done, and buy some sexy underwear. Any leftovers (if there is!) Going to spend on something else. ^^

I've been needing something new to motivate me, I think this is it.

Last edited by kurisitaru; 08-20-2014 at 01:45 AM.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Great collection of tips! There's a few I've found helpful in the past (sticky notes, motivation list), a few I'm using now (stand-up desk, workout-only play list) and a few a reminders of things I should do (put leftovers away before eating, keep weights where I'll use them). Thanks!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:45 PM   #3  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

My jar of money will officially start today. ^0^

I'm excited for some new motivation.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #4  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Very cool list! I picked off a few that I'm going to use as I kick a new personal challenge into gear on Monday.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote