South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 06:59 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Chatter - July 10

Good morning. It's a tad cool on the deck this morning but there is a lovely chorus of birdsong led by the loons flying over. This is definitely my favourite time of day!

Yesterday did not go as planned but was "interesting". I did get a hunk of corned beef cooked in the slow cooker and was able to grill the pork for dinner but that was all that was on the list. Today won't be much better. Dann (not a typo) and I are going to a meeting with our auditor to go over the results of the audit and then may go out to lunch in Brockville. Later I need to pick up a quilt for delivery in B. tomorrow. Poor planning but that's how this week is unfolding.

I must pick up some strawberries to freeze for winter. Such a short season! My black raspberries are starting to ripen. I have mixed feelings about that as it seems like summer is winding down just as she got started. Time goes too quickly!

And it's trash day once again. I need to lug it to the road PDQ as he sometimes is here just after seven.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Time IS going quickly, isn't it Ruth? I can't believe we're in the second half of the year. Wasn't it yesterday we were complaining of how long and cold the winter was being?

Back to work, yesterday was crazy. I am leaving early to go to a new chiropractor close to my new job, since it's near impossible to get home in time for one. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to get out of bed a lot easier soon.

I'm having leftover smoothie for breakfast, and about to make a grilled chicken salad for lunch (with the most beautiful romaine from my garden!). Later is taco salad (mmmm, my favorite!).

Anything exciting with anyone?
Old 07-10-2014, 07:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! We lost power during the storm Tuesday evening, and were told we probably wouldn't get it back until tonight or Friday, so we're rejoicing that we did get it back yesterday. The storm that went through here did quite a bit of damage, but the worse we got is that it tore the canopy off our pool deck, so I consider ourselves lucky. It looks like a war zone around here, though!

Tammy, I hope your neck is better today and glad your The Talk with your DD went OK. At least that part's over with, lol!

Yikes! I promised Jake I'd put a pork tenderloin in the crockpot before I leave this morning, so I'd better hop to! I'll be getting home late tonight since I have a hairdresser appointment to get my hair cut. We had to cancel last night since she was without power, so I'm hoping she has it back today. My hair is driving me nuts and I'm getting it cut short this time.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:35 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks! Sunny but cool here this morning. I want to do some outside work today but will definitely have to wait until the dew dries. Never made it out there yesterday.

Cottage, glad you got your power back so quickly. We didn't lose power Tuesday night but actually lost it for a few hours yesterday morning. We still have a few people in our area waiting to get turned back on.

Ruth, sounds like a lot of running around today! Hope your travels are successful.

Tammy, hope you have a good day and your neck feels better.

I'm making a quick run to the bank and grocery store, then outside chores.

Last edited by Beth19; 07-10-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It was a beautiful start to the morning and is supposed to be mid 80s today good day for a swim meet. I will meet DH and DD2 at the swim meet since it is on the way home so I packed enough food for lunch and dinner at work before leaving for it.

Last night was home by myself until about 7:30 p.m since everyone else had gone to 6 Flags so I did get some weeding done outside by only one side of the house. Kneeling hurts one of my knees, I did some research and think I have bursitis since I fell on my knee. I don't think I will go to the doctor since it only hurts if I put weight on it when kneeling otherwise no pain.

Ruth sounds like you have another busy day planned, it does seem like this summer is just flying by

Tywnn I hope you get results quickly for your neck. I do not trust a chiropractor with my neck...hope you have good results

Cottage glad to hear that you got your power back

Beth enjoy your day.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:39 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm finishing my smoothie then off to take mom to the eye dr. We have a road project which might slow us down so have to leave early. Oh, Well.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I made it to my weekend! I do have to log a few hours Saturday but I'm going to limit it to just 4 so the rest of the weekend is mine. Tim is pushing through the last of the outside room structure so we can actually get a whole day off together tomorrow.

Ruth - I've had the same feeling. Summer just goes too fast amd I never do all the things I dream about in winter

Cottage - Glad to hear your power is back earlier than expected. It's been a crazy weather week

Tammy - hope the chiropractor is a good fit

Beth - was any of that awful weather this week near you?

Rose - enjoy the quiet

Debbie -

Okay, off to find something to do with fresh peas
Closed Thread