Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-04-2014, 12:00 PM   #1  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Default I've started over and over again..

Hi guys,

I have started over and over again on trying to lose weight. I lose every time I really put my mind to it, but why in the heck is it so hard to start over? I always get derailed and have excuses of why I can't do it anymore and I'm tired of the excuses. I guess I'm just reaching for a hand here. I need help getting started again.

So what helps you when you've fallen and what so desperately to get back up and not ruin what progress you've already made? I've already gained back everything I lost last year.
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:54 PM   #2  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

I have struggled with that same problem. I did really well and then ended up gaining back what I lost. Then everytime I started again I just quit early on.

I think it is just important not to quit no matter what. If you stumble right again.

So much easier said then done lol But having good support & doing challenges and sticking to a routine are all helping me this time really well.

You can do it!
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:31 PM   #3  
Eater of All Cakes

S/C/G: 214/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

We all tend to fall off the "get it!" Train. My problem has always been going 100 miles and hen burning myself out. I have made it a point to do enough to say I did it (exercise) so that I'm not too sore or tired to do it the next day, and so on. As for eating - I'm a believer of "having your cake and eating it, too". I eat whatever I want, but always with moderation. If it want something "bad" I go for it but not the WHOLE thing. This keeps me satisfied and not feeling liking I'm missing out on something because I'm on another "stupid diet". This is why I have found counting calories very helpful. Also, if I eat something "worse", rather than "bad", I make it a point to push a little more on my workout for that day or the day after. You have to hold yourself accountable or you will never progress.

Don't beat yourself up - you're human. As a human you have needs. Fill your needs but also look at the other needs your body seeks- being healthy.

Good luck, boo!
SophiasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

Almost all of us had been there before, multiple times. In fact, I am right there with you now. I read somewhere in "Thin for Life" that maintainers who kept off weight for years had to try multiple times to lose it to begin with. So do not worry one bit. I completely believe you can do this. If you fall off, get right back up, dust yourself off, and keep going like nothing happened. YOU CAN DO THIS! Don't give up! We are all here for you! You do not have to be perfect. Just start and keep going!
hannahbeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #5  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Thanks guys. I am happy to say that yesterday went awesome. I think your all right that moderation is key and allow myself something if I want just not all of it.. Thanks for the encouraging words. I need to make this work. I'm always happy go lucky, always willing to do stuff for others, willing to go places, and all that but lately I feel so blah and out of it. I feel like I'm losing control. So yeah this is day 2 only, but I already fill like the cloud is lifting and I can take back control over my life.
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:21 PM   #6  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Sassy... It is SOOOOOOO Good to see you again! You have been missed (decades thread where I was with you in many threads). I know that you lost weight.. Heck YAY you did! You are a very busy person and I think that you need to put yourself first more often... and shoot.. I too regained over the years (I am 56 and have regained too many times to fit on my fingers and toes! LOL) But I always started again. and YOU are starting again. That is the hardest part of this all. KNOW that we are here for you and of course all of our stories and trials and tribulations and those slip ups and those wooshes. All part of this journey of learning our bodies and what to do to take care of them. I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS! Oh Yes I BELIEVE in YOU! lots and lots of hugs to you!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 07-05-2014 at 02:22 PM.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:25 PM   #7  
is back on the wagon!

S/C/G: 236/197/170

Height: 5'5

It's a process. It's a process of learning and knowing it's okay to feel disappointed in yourself once in a while, but real strength comes from picking yourself back up and showing the world you won't be knocked down for good.

I know just how you feel, trust me. I've been on-again off-again for years and the mentality of "my life changes here" coming and going can be an exhausting process. Just stick to it, keep dedicated, recognize your own habits and try to take steps to correct them.

You'll get there. Use these obstacles to prove to yourself you can take them on. In the meantime, don't beat yourself up over mistakes you can learn from!
fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 130/122/114

Height: 5'3

This is literally me,one week im fine then the other I start making excuses and eat chocolate like a freaking cow lol.
Deearose is offline   Reply With Quote