Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-27-2014, 11:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/194.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Default TOM and weight loss

My TOM is approaching, and I wanted to see how this has effected weight loss for some of you ladies. Do you gain around that time? Stall and then lose extra after? I don't remember what it did with me the last time I was working on losing weight. I don't want to be too surprised/disappointed....
Madison81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:06 AM   #2  
Warrior Princess

Usually 3-4p up during TOM and then it goes back down a few days after. Honestly I don't weigh myself anywhere near TOM anymore because the fluctuation is annoying even though it isn't a true gain. I only weigh myself once a month but I know most people wouldn't be comfortable with that.

Last edited by novangel; 06-28-2014 at 12:07 AM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:13 AM   #3  

I'm doing one of the challenges and the next weigh in is going to be during TOM....just my luck, lol.

Thank you both for your responses!
Old 06-28-2014, 08:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I usually retain water beforehand and then lose it afterwards. It is due early next week and I am up 2.5 pounds from last week (it pretty much showed up over night and has remained with me.)
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:01 AM   #5  
losing it for good

S/C/G: 219.2/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I usually gain during ovulation week, not TOM week. And like Pattience said, I am usually ravenous during TOM week and I usually give in to that inner hunger demon. I figure, my body knows what it needs. I ate a little extra this week because of TOM and sure enough, still down a pound this morning. :-) It's actually pretty interesting to see my weight loss trends and patterns over time.
forkeeps2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison81 View Post
My TOM is approaching, and I wanted to see how this has effected weight loss for some of you ladies. Do you gain around that time? Stall and then lose extra after? I don't remember what it did with me the last time I was working on losing weight. I don't want to be too surprised/disappointed....
TOM has never affected my weight, but I think I'm an anomaly in this regard.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

TOM doesn't affect my weight either. I weigh daily and I've noticed a pattern of drop, drop, stable, stable, stable, drop and so on. This is while being 100% compliant to my program though (for the past nine weeks)and I've been tracking daily since I started.
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

My weight goes up about 3 lbs during ovulation, and goes up even more during TOM. my weight I'd all over the place though. I will have a week or so that it's steadily down, and then ovulation or TOM and all the weight I've lost is back on the scale. It can be rather depressing. I weighed 205.2 this morning, and last week I was 203. I feel like I've last the last two weeks of weight loss because of the hormonal changes. I've also been really hungry the last couple days (typical Tom stuff) so I have been over my typical calorie intake. Between 1700 and 2000 instead of 1350. Ugh. I guess we shall see what happens in a week.
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:20 PM   #9  

Thank you all for your responses! I guess TOM effects everyone differently. I'm going through an odd time right now. I have been weighing daily to see what happened. I gained almost 2 lbs. but then lost them again, plus another pound. This was during the time that was supposed to be TOM. I had been cramping, etc. and thought I'd be starting on time. However, I've been looking at my TOMs from the past few months. I'm actually a few days late, but got a negative pregnancy test. If TOM hasn't shown up by late in the week, I'll take another one. I wonder if this change in diet is making me late or making me skip or something. I have a history of these problems. Hmmm......
Old 06-29-2014, 06:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I've been up 2 pounds all week, despite calories being in check and doing my regular exercise. Today I got my period, and am back down to where I was before.
I think the important thing is to keep track of things so we notice patterns.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote