South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 05:08 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thankful Thursday SBD Daily Chat, June 19

Good Morning

I'm always thankful for SBD and especially for all of you here at 3FC. It's been life changing for me. Thanks!

What's going on in your world today? Stop and say hi
Old 06-19-2014, 05:22 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

So it's been on my mind....what does a Coloradoan where in Florida-mid Summer? I've actually been planning ahead....got a swimsuit at Costco before we went to California....bought 2 new pairs of sandals (orthoheel) several weeks ago and found 2 pairs of cute capris, at Costco as well. I don't want to purchase lots of stuff because I'm still "shrinking" and the sandals were the big expense. (My old ones no longer fit! )

Yesterday I found a $10 cover-up at an army surplus store (LOL) and I think it will work just fine for the "beach party" I have heard we are having. I do believe my bro will have a tent so we don't get fried but I needed a before/during/after outfit for that day. I like the look with the capris and without it's great for after swimming. That's what I've been doing this morning.

I haven't been to KeyWest since my bro got married in 2004 so am literally taking 100# less baggage!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0839 (204x500) (2).jpg (82.8 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-19-2014 at 06:12 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:21 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie, and thanks for starting us up. I am thankful that I got through Wednesday unscathed. Today should be better.

Just checked my email and it already IS better! A very strange man just canceled out on a booking he had for this afternoon to throw himself a birthday party. He was elderly, very vague and has a reputation for doing strange things and I was a tad uneasy over him. I told him I'd not cash his cheque until the day came. I plan to mail it back. My spidey sense was right!

Donna and wee Lulu are coming to clean today. It sure is needed because Jazz and I have been in and out a lot. I did get the rest of my summer clothes out of the bins, run through washer and dryer to freshen up and even put them away. However, the whole house needs a good tidying and the deck needs a good sweeping if it ever dries up! We have been getting rain every day the past week - not always all day but a shower here and there.

Time for another coffee and then I'll crank up the day by lugging the trash to the road. So nice to be able to do that without bundling up.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I can tell we're getting a lot of rain too, because my garden is getting beautiful! (and the grass is like a jungle, but that's not my job ...)

Ruth, glad the little man cancelled to ease your fears!

Debbie - sounds like a great time! And if the party gets wild, you drop the capris and you have a dancing dress .

I finally got my butt outta bed this AM and went on a walk/run. I'm trying to use this time to adapt to my new job and lifestyle, and I'll go if I wake up with enough time. It's a bit muggy, but way cooler than yesterday. The birds are making quite a commotion!

I'm so happy I remembered to make my overnight oats, and this time with a fresh peach. I need to throw together mexican crock pot as well, that's so quick and easy, and the kids' favorite.

What's your plans today?
Old 06-19-2014, 06:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Debbie, it sounds as if you're all set for your trip. I know here on the East Coast, sleeveless cotton knit sundresses are popular, both long and short, and are worn to all beach events. I love your sandals, btw!

Ruth, it's a good thing you trusted your senses and held on to that gentleman's check! I hope you have a super day!

I only worked til noon yesterday, so I had time to stop in to have a nice visit with my dad before heading home, and then spent several blissful hours in the pool before supper. I'm hoping to have another short day today, because there's really nothing to do at the farm with everyone but Cindy away. If it's not too hot, I'll deadhead the rose bushes and putter around in the garden.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 06-19-2014, 07:14 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey ladies, just have a minute to stop by. Nothing pressing at work today; just clean up and paperwork so I'm thinking it's okay if I'm a minute late....

Debbie, have a great trip! I hear you on wondering what to pack. Such a tough decision!
Tammy, glad the new job is going well and congrats on getting in that run! Transition times are tricky.
Ruth, sounds like you may have dodged a bullet with your afternoon event.
Cottage, I am also hoping to get a little garden time in today.

Well, got to fly. And I will take out the trash on my way...
Old 06-19-2014, 07:21 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It looks like another lovely and cooler day here today. We were gone all day yesterday so I want to get into the yard before I leave and see how much everything grew. We had that combination of rain, sun, and heat this week that usually causes garden growth spurts Unfortunately the heavy rain hit as soon as the peonies opened. That always seems to happen.

Debbie - What a pretty coverup.

Ruth - Happy cleaning day.

Cottage - Enjoy your short day

Tammy - I keep forgetting my overnight oats. I think I need a "Things to do before bed" list!

Beth - Happy end of the year!

I've got a busy day ahead. Tomorrow I'm probably taking the day off though I might switch it out for yesterday so I don't need to use a vacation day. We leave for a quick camping weekend as soon as Tim gets home so a day off to prep might be good.

hoping for good things today. Happy Thursday Chicks
Closed Thread